Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/15 - 04/21: Superstar Shakeup but the real Shakeup is a country who arrests and beats up its teachers

KawadaSmile

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

I'm not sure what happened with Neville, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I read somewhere (I forget where, but I remember it was an interview with a friend of his) that Neville is financially independent and doesn't "need" to work for WWE, so when they made it clear that "creative had nothing for him" he just walked and was fine with waiting out his contract.  Most guys can't afford that or have the mindset that if they don't make it to WWE, they don't make it.  Thankfully, it appears more and more guys are now rejecting that mentality, which can only be good for the business in the long run, IMO.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Good point. Aries and Low Ki are career malcontents and two people I would never, ever hire under any circumstances. I hope AEW doesn't waste everyone's time with either.

I'm not sure what happened with Neville, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Based on what most people've said, Neville took Cody's role as Mr. Average Match in the indies. Plus, sitting out his contract just because he lost the title, even if it was to Enzo, after beating the entire division, was kinda bollocks.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

sitting out his contract just because he lost the title, even if it was to Enzo, after beating the entire division, was kinda bollocks.

That's not why he did it.  He apparently got along fine with Enzo (and was one of the few people who did.)  He asked to be called up to Raw or Smackdown, and they apparently told him he was 205 for life, so that's why he walked.

Just now, The Thread Killer said:

That's not why he did it.  He apparently got along fine with Enzo (and was one of the few people who did.)  He asked to be called up to Raw or Smackdown, and they apparently told him he was 205 for life, so that's why he walked.

I posted that nearly the same time of your wayyy better post, bubba. Thanks for providing that info, never knew Neville was a financially made man outside wrestling.

ROMAN GOT CHEERS HAHAHAHA

1 minute ago, The Thread Killer said:

The irony is, he'd definitely be on Raw or Smackdown by now.

Instead, he's back to using a name even worse than (Adrian) Neville - PAC.

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I posted that nearly the same time of your wayyy better post, bubba. Thanks for providing that info, never knew Neville was a financially made man outside wrestling.

It's something I read in an interview somewhere, so it could be bullshit.  However, it has the ring of truth to it, since he sat out his entire contract without working anywhere else.  Not a lot of guys would do that, 99% would ask for their release and keep working begrudgingly if they didn't get it.  He just walked, which I kind of respect.

I think it's clear that Roman was sorta devalued in the build up to Mania because they didn't expect him back so soon and they were too deep in their plans to change things .

it's clear after tonight they still see him as the top babyface in he company.  I would expect the booing to start up pretty heavy again soon

4 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Who is there to feud with Roman before he goes for the belt? The Bar?

They'll do the Lars Sullivan match at some point, but there's no reason to rush to it. They'll do Orton too, even if I don't think that feud will excite anyone.

Daniel Bryan will be a big summer match, I think, assuming that Bryan is healthy. Both shows are really babyface heavy at the top right now, so something's gotta give somewhere.

3 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

How about Daniel Bryan?

Said so already early in the thread, I'd LOVE to see a real feud with those two (and end it at Summerslam with a hair vs hair match). But it seems Bryan is injured for real (or hopefully he got a nice vacation) so if that's the case he's gonna be facing someone else in the meantime.

1 minute ago, Charles (Loss) said:

They'll do the Lars Sullivan match at some point, but there's no reason to rush to it. They'll do Orton too, even if I don't think that feud will excite anyone.

Daniel Bryan will be a big summer match, I think, assuming that Bryan is healthy. Both shows are really babyface heavy at the top right now, so something's gotta give somewhere.

Yeah, if Lars doesn't fuck up or is able to deal with his anxiety in the coming months, he'll probably be Roman's first title defense.