Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/22 - 04/26: Institutionalized Insanity

KawadaSmile

3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Once Kevin Dunn hears Ricochet's Kentucky-ass accent we'll be lucky he doesn't get a Hillbilly gimmick.

Which is why he barely talked in Lucha Underground. I mean, Prince Puma with a southern accent... not very aztec-like. He was not a very good promo anyway, and that was in Lucha Underground where *everyone* looked really good in vignettes.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Once Kevin Dunn hears Ricochet's Kentucky-ass accent we'll be lucky he doesn't get a Hillbilly gimmick.

What accent?

There may be a bit of a twang, but it's not pronounced at all. I doubt most people would connect him to Kentucky if he wasn't billed from there. You're making it seem like he's indistinguishable from Hillbilly Jim.

I noticed at WM how limited Kofi Kingston is as a worker. Nothing he does looks like it hurts at all. Everything is very soft and patterned. He doesn't have much range either. It has nothing to do with his look or even the comedy. When I watch Big E, I feel like he could flip the switch anytime he wanted and become very serious and threatening, and that's not all down to his size. There's another dimension there that's missing with Kofi. What they're doing is fine short-term, of course, and he's the one that should be the champion right now.

For what it's worth, PW Mania reported that Bryan has an injury, but it's a private matter. It's not a concussion and he will be back, but he did need some time off.

1 minute ago, Strummer said:

Maybe these things don't matter anymore but they kinda made Kofi seem dumb by trusting .Owens so much based off....

I think it might have worked if Owens had stuck with the team for about a month or two but I guess Bryan being injured means they had to go to the turn quicker than hoped.

Agree with Loss about Kofi - his office is pretty shitty. At the time, I said the Mania title match was a Bryan carry job. Having watched it back, I do think Kofi brings something to the table in that match but Bryan is still the obvious guiding force. It's funny, I think Big E and Woods are the superior workers in New Day and have more potential character range but Kofi kinda got this run through tenure.

42 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Maybe these things don't matter anymore but they kinda made Kofi seem dumb by trusting .Owens so much based off....

I'd say the matter in the long run. WWE has a tendency of making their babyfaces look dumb constantly, so of course they all lose steam.

42 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I think it might have worked if Owens had stuck with the team for about a month or two but I guess Bryan being injured means they had to go to the turn quicker than hoped.

Agree with Loss about Kofi - his office is pretty shitty. At the time, I said the Mania title match was a Bryan carry job. Having watched it back, I do think Kofi brings something to the table in that match but Bryan is still the obvious guiding force. It's funny, I think Big E and Woods are the superior workers in New Day and have more potential character range but Kofi kinda got this run through tenure.

Oh, absolutely. I think if you had had some sort of Rumble moment or whatever where Big E went face-to-face with Lesnar, the fans would've lost their shit. In an alternate universe, Big E/Lesnar is a WrestleMania main event to me and the build-up writes itself with Heyman and Lesnar laughing off their "comedy opponent" with his pancakes and wiggling and Big E kinda being like, "Yeah, I'm funny...but I'm also a strong ass motherfucker who can beat you." 

I don't know if there is any truth to this rumor, but I just read that WWE circulated some sort of document recently that lists the team formerly known as War Machine as "The Viking Warriors."  Who knows if this is true, or if it's an old idea that they had prior to War Raiders, Viking Experience and Viking Raiders. 

Gotta be honest, I'd buy The Viking Warriors as the best potential name of the bunch.

4 hours ago, Strummer said:

Newest Observer says WWE did not grant Harper his release. Plus they added 6 months on to it because it was frozen while he was out with a wrist injury.

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that WWE contracts could ever be challenged in court?

Lawsuits cost money, and WWE likes to drag things out as long as possible so that even if the other party prevails in court, it's a Pyrrhic victory because they were bled dry financially in the process. There's never going to be any real change unless someone is willing to take one for the team and risk career and financial suicide for the sake of setting a legal precedent.

My prediction: #FreeSasha and #FreeHarper will become a "thing," and then WWE will try to create their own "#Free____" angle that will be used for Vince to show his incredibly petty side (once again) on TV.  

"Free Luke Harper" is so chant-able. I'm hoping it catches on.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Lawsuits cost money, and WWE likes to drag things out as long as possible so that even if the other party prevails in court, it's a Pyrrhic victory because they were bled dry financially in the process. There's never going to be any real change unless someone is willing to take one for the team and risk career and financial suicide for the sake of setting a legal precedent.

Tony Khan fund a lawsuit please

Also from the WON:

The company is trying to listen to the audience and not look like bad guy, although that’s within reason, as it’s not like they’re going to give up the Saudi Arabia deal. The company is doing more focus group work than ever before to try and identify why ratings and arena business are down and what will keep fans engaged. In addition, they are fully aware that there is a wrestling war, and don’t want to come across as the bad guy promotion, giving the opposition the role of having fans rallying behind them as the protest vote.

Can't wait for the next panic button as they build to a show "somewhere" next month.

It's hilarious that they have to work to try and identify why people have been losing interest after years of troll booking and incompetent writing. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK ? 

I think that for a long time, they've seen the type of creative to grow their audience and the type of creative to satisfy their current audience as two different things, and that's why the show is so haphazard so much of the time. But I don't know how true that is. It might be, but I don't know.