Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 6 - 11/06/19

MoS

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

Speaking of Justin, does anyone else think Sammy Guevara looks like a brunette Justin Bieber when Justin was a teen?

Heel teen Bieber would have been absolute money.

I think it's commercial time, cuz on FITE, Jericho is interacting with the live crowd and it's great. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was pretty much my favorite episode of Dynamite. The pacing felt miles ahead of what it's been and I thought this was the easiest episode to sit through yet. Another great show closing brawl that, sure, we may have seen variations of it in the last few weeks but it's a great way to send the crowd home happy. I do think they've been staggering things from week to week just enough that everything still feels fresh. The Inner Circle vs. Elite brawls have been some of my favorite stuff in wrestling all year. 

Also, Sammy Guevara, man. From someone I wanted to have nothing to do with this promotion to one of my favorite heels bumping his ass off and selling for every major babyface in sight, he's probably my favorite part of the Inner Circle.

This was my least favorite overall episode but I still enjoyed it as an easy to watch 2 hour episode of wrestling. The Cody-Jericho feud is carrying this company and that's ok because it's wrestling at its best. 

Yeah... after that ending, this needs a War games... and it needs a three month build to the next PPV.  

7 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

This was my least favorite overall episode

I think it speaks to the quality of the show that pretty much everyone I've seen online has had an entirely different favorite episode and yet no one has ever gone out of their way to say any episode has been bad. It shows a nice variety week to week while still maintaining a consistent product. 

That brawl made sense and also did a great job hyping the PPV. Basic pro wrestling that makes sense. It might have gone a bit too long but it was still cool to watch and potentially built a long-term program. Loved it and loved how they incorporated multiple feuds in it. It reminded me of WWF in the summer of 2000, although WWF had a much stronger roster.  

1 minute ago, SmartMark15 said:

I think it speaks to the quality of the show that pretty much everyone I've seen online has had an entirely different favorite episode and yet no one has ever gone out of their way to say any episode has been bad. It shows a nice variety week to week while still maintaining a consistent product. 

Not bad at all... but this is the 1st show I watched that had segments where I found myself wanting to change the channel. 

I think it's between the 2nd episode and this episode for my favourite episode of Dynamite, purely because of how hot Cody vs. Jericho is. I also think today they did a good job of teasing to Mox vs Omega, which was a feud they had perhaps been neglecting in the build. 

I've only been able to watch the first hour of this show, but Holy Cow that Cody promo and Jericho video package were absolutely first rate. Genuine emotion from Cody, some real fire,and that crowd was HOT. Cody really seems to be over in Charlotte. Do he or his family have any particular connection to that town? Then the statk contrast of the ironic piss-taking Jericho video package. Got a legit lol out of me while expertly juxtaposing the two characters involved in the title match... a match which I am now totally hyped to see. Really great stuff, and it amazes me that just as we were all saying that AEW could stand to break up the go-go-go action with some mic spots or vignettes, they come through and deliver exacatakaly that.  

I don't get how anyone is hating on PAC. . Sure, he's kind of The Man That Charisma Forgot on the mic but I love watching im throw his body around bumping and selling for his opponents. I don't think he gets nearly enough credit for his bumping. It's almost at an Adrian Adonis level of entertaining 

I'm still enjoying Private Party a lot, but I hope they can get Dustin or someone to work with them w/r/t throwing strikes that look like they might hurt someone. . 

I hope this isn't the last we see of Patricia Bobski, Jericho's Aunt's friend from church. 

Jake Hager getting laughs by just standing there was great.

26 minutes ago, gordi said:

Cody really seems to be over in Charlotte. Do he or his family have any particular connection to that town?

Charlotte was one of the big towns on the old Crockett circuit. They had tons of Flair vs Dusty encounters there.

Edited to add: I just looked it up and the arena they were in tonight was the same one JCP ran in the 70s and 80s, so there's even more of a connection.

I am pretty sure that Cody was actually born in Marietta Georgia... But he is often billed as being from Charlotte.

I know that sarcasm doesn't always come across online, but I thought it would be obvious that I was making a joke there. :lol: should have used an emoji, I guess. 

Anyway, it's cool that if I hadn't been joking, you guys would have just explained it to me in a friendly way instead of mocking me. 

The point of my 'joke' was that it was indeed cool to see a Charlotte crowd in that great arena reacting to a Rhodes doing a classic Rhodes-style emotional, honest promo. Goosebumps.

Also, I watched the main event and I thought it was a very cool moment when Jericho refused to accept Guevara's tag until Guevara had knocked Omega off the ring apron. Really established Jericho as the veteran leader teaching the young boys how to heel it up.

Mox clearing through the Inner Circle to get to Omega and then the two punching each other to death got me more hyped for their match than all the barbed wire broomsticks. I think Mox just feels like a far bigger star than Omega and I hope he wins at Full Gear.

I didn't even catch it the first time, but Cody said when the Elite and the Inner Circle meet it will be a "match beyond". That just happens to be one of the trademarks he picked up when he was trying to get as much of Dusty's intellectual property as he could back under his control.  That tells me it's pretty much a lock that we'll get a War Games match in the not too distant future.

Also I would think Cody would have at least a couple month run as champ coming off of this. Not only would it be paying off something that would make the fans happy, it would solve the problem of Jericho being champ when he faces Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom. 

A War Games match might be where they pull the trigger on MJF turning on Cody.

It's nice and fun to fanboy all over wrestling again. I thought WWE's years of screwing fans had left a permanent bad taste in my mouth but I've really been digging AEW so far and Full Gear will be awesome. 

At this point, they could go either way with the title match. Jericho is a good champion and I understand why you'd keep running with him for publicity reasons but Cody is, like he said in his promo, undeniable right now. I honestly don't know what they'll do at the PPV but that's what makes it fun.

2 hours ago, MoS said:

It's nice and fun to fanboy all over wrestling again. I thought WWE's years of screwing fans had left a permanent bad taste in my mouth but I've really been digging AEW so far

Right there with you. The crazy thing is, the go-go-go style is not my preferred style of pro wrestling, but by presenting their show in a way where it seems that they sincerely want the fans and the wrestlers to be happy and have some fun they have won me over. 

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

At this point, they could go either way with the title match. Jericho is a good champion and I understand why you'd keep running with him for publicity reasons but Cody is, like he said in his promo, undeniable right now. I honestly don't know what they'll do at the PPV but that's what makes it fun.

Sane, logical booking.

Not knowing what will happen but looking forward to finding out (as opposed to hoping they do something fun or interesting, but resignedly acknowledging that deep down inside you know that there is no chance they will). 

Refreshing.

Having stables and teams, babyfaces and heels interact with each other is vital, just so you can run awesome angles like the one we got at the end. A great little touch was Cody's "Oh shit" expression when he saw Moxley coming through the crowd. I think the matches weren't great on this show but they heated up that PPV like a motherfucker last night.