Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/18 - 11/24 South American Coupamania

KawadaSmile

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kansas City Chiefs (6-4) Vs. Los Angeles Chargers (4-6) is the Monday Night Football game. It's a divisional game but it won't be anywhere near as huge as 49ers/Seahawks was.Ā 

The best NBA game tonight is probably T-Wolves Vs. Jazz & that's not exactly a barn burner either. I'll personally be watching the Boston Celtics/Phoenix Suns game over RAW but I'm a Celtics fan & haven't cared about RAW for quite awhile.Ā 

I don't think RAW has as much competition tonight as they've had lately. Obviously MNF will still get monster ratings because it always does but not like last week. There's not as strong of sports competition for WWE tonight.

WWE has to worry more about biting their own hand than someone else biting it, to be honest. They're their own worst enemy.

Yeah, a 6/4 team going up against a 4/6 doesn't scream MUST SEE TV. Even Celtics vs Suns, who feature the #1 overall seed against one of the upstarts of the season ain't drawing a lot of eyeballs to the screen.

RAW should be an easy, but forgetable watch, much like those other sports matches. Not that it's going to be a can't miss episode, and it's certainly going to have tons of dumb shit - Lashley vs Rusev is generating buzz - but nowadays the pacing is better.

You guys are seriously underselling Chiefs/Chargers. The outcome will play a massive role in determining who wins the AFC West, so it has major playoff implications.

As for King Corbin, a big part of the problem is the inherent silliness of the King of the Ring gimmick. Wearing regalia to the ring while making no significant changes to your overall gimmick would make anyone look like a dork.

6 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also huge LOL: speculation is that Triple H, the Cerebral Assassin, the King of Kings, the Game is going to be in Team NXT at Survivor Series. Gargano is out, apparently.

About that speculation, Triple H himself is against it and I don't blame him. What a shitty message you're sending to your viewers that NXT needs Papa H to make them relevant.

I see this thing all the time about MNF hurting Raw, but is there any evidence to back that up?Ā  Is there really that much of an overlap of WWE/NFL fans that it hurts Raw's ratings that much?Ā  Football season also happens to coincide with what is traditionally WWE's weakest, least "must-watch" time of year.Ā  Couldn't that be a factor?Ā Ā 

I'm genuinely asking here.Ā  I see it presented as fact so much, that I just wonder if it's true.

I think it's amplified by the fact that WWE has been at his lowest point creatively in the past 25 years, despite the fact they have the most stacked and potentially talented in the history of the promotion. And because of how bad it has been and how Vince won't seemingly do anything to change course, the impression is that anything remotely exciting in the MNF game will massively exceed anything WWE will put together for RAW. At least, that's my point of view. This wasn't an impression we had during the Monday Night Wars when there were 2 promotions putting a show on Monday nights with football having a bigger chance to eat away at their viewership.

54 minutes ago, Log said:

I see this thing all the time about MNF hurting Raw, but is there any evidence to back that up?Ā  Is there really that much of an overlap of WWE/NFL fans that it hurts Raw's ratings that much?Ā  Football season also happens to coincide with what is traditionally WWE's weakest, least "must-watch" time of year.Ā  Couldn't that be a factor?Ā Ā 

I'm genuinely asking here.Ā  I see it presented as fact so much, that I just wonder if it's true.

WWE's ratings routinely take a hit during football season, as was pointed out above you can make a chicken-or-egg argument about whether it's due to the actual NFL games impact them directly, or if it goes down because WWE basically gives up until football's over.

Seems like grasping at straws to try to compare Daddy Khan possibly pulling some shenanigans to buy a stadium to the Saudis possibly holding most of WWE sorta-hostage.Ā 

Also kind of surprised that the usual Twitter dummies haven't tried to cook up a conspiracy theory since Tony replied to a Punk tweet.