Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/18 - 11/24 South American Coupamania

KawadaSmile

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "90 miles" botch was scripted. "90 days" was not. Of course, that's the length of WWE's non-compete. Could it have been a Freudian slip?

Looking forward, the 12/23 Raw seems guaranteed to set a new record low rating. Not only is it the Christmas Raw, it's going head-to-head with Packers/Vikings on MNF. I wouldn't be surprised if all three hours ended up with under 2 million viewers.

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

MLW does seem to get the most out of malcontents who haven't worked out anywhere else long term. Aren't Austin Aries, Low-Ki, and Teddy Hart all still there?

Teddy's on ice after whatever the fuck happened with him, his missing ex girlfriend, and his pedo pal, but yes MLW has been largely a peaceful kingdom of wrestling malcontents all playing nicely. 

14 hours ago, C.S. said:

Thought this was amusing in light of our recent discussions about Lana's acting ability...

Looks like she's in a real movie... It appears to be of the straight-to-video variety, but still.

If my eyes don't deceive me, it would appear Rusev also has a part in the film as well. 

Seems like an exciting episode of Smackdown on Fox is bringing in all the comments this week.

Bryan's booking leading to a title match has been ridiculous but I can't be the only one who thinks they need to cut bait on this hokey Fiend bullshit and switch the title on Sunday.

Sammy Zayn gifted Nakamura a new IC title belt and it's actually quite nice. 

FFS though, for over 30 years I've been watching and they've done absolutely nothing to explain what these belts are, there's no mystique behind their conception, so many stories to be told there and they've done no world building, created zero mythology, instead they're just trinkets your friends can give out as a nice gesture whenever they feel like it. Brand pride is a great motivator though. Pathetic. 

The IC belt gets changed all the while. It's a fucking piss take. Normally combined with a promo about restoring prestige to it with nods about it being a "workers title". It's fucking arse. Get a new belt, mention Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat then pass it around like a child at Epstein's and Prince Andy's party. 

1 hour ago, ButchReedMark said:

New Zealand are at 311/5 in the cricket by the way. There's nothing left in the pitch so they should go on to make 425 at least. Probably more if Watlings's and de Grandhomme's partnership isn't broken. Your thoughts @ohtani's jacket

I am guessing Archer comes to life suddenly in the 4th innings and takes 6 wickets for 20 runs. 

9 minutes ago, MoS said:

I am guessing Archer comes to life suddenly in the 4th innings and takes 6 wickets for 20 runs. 

It's a road of a wicket. I doubt it to be honest. There's nothing in it. First test there, although it's gorgous. Stokes is doing well with the ball just through pure effort. Curran is getting a bit of movement, Broad is getting nothing. Leach is getting a bit of turn now bowling into the rough. This is the kind of test where Jimmy Anderson is missed l, as he always finds something from the ground. 

If England could bat to 11 I'd say it'd be a draw, but they'll collapse for 250 when they get in and NZ will win on Day 4

So I guess from now on whenever Seth appears, he is getting Punk chants. That's not going to be annoying at all.

I enjoyed the show tonight. Especially the women and the closing brawl. It's pretty clear the biggest winners of NXT appearing on Raw and SD are Cole, Rhea and Shayna. I can't see them being in NXT for much longer. I haven't watched a ppv in months but I'll watch Survivor Series.

3 minutes ago, ButchReedMark said:

It's a road of a wicket. I doubt it to be honest. There's nothing in it. First test there, although it's gorgous. Stokes is doing well with the ball just through pure effort. Curran is getting a bit of movement, Broad is getting nothing. Leach is getting a bit of turn now bowling into the rough. This is the kind of test where Jimmy Anderson is missed l, as he always finds something from the ground. 

If England could bat to 11 I'd say it'd be a draw, but they'll collapse for 250 when they get in and NZ will win on Day 4

Curran got Williamson with a ball that just spat at him out of nowhere off a good length, but otherwise yeah, there's been nothing. I'm hoping enough cracks develop for days 4 and 5 to be interesting, although the weather doesn't appear swing-friendly. 

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

Root should bowl himself given he is creating more of an impact with the ball rather than the bat these days. Being captain of the England cricket team really ruins your batting unless you are Gooch. 

Vaughan and Strauss did OK with the bat as captain (not to the extent of a touching 40 year old Gooch who was an absolute fucking phenom) , but you're right in that Root underbowls himself. Reminds me of Graeme Hick in being a dangerous as buggery and underused Spinner. 

Although Root's conversion rate with the bat is shocking. If Steve Smith makes a 50, he's going to make a 100. Root makes 50, he'll get out cheaply in the 70s or 80s. 

Difference between a great player and an all time great player. 

29 minutes ago, ButchReedMark said:

Vaughan and Strauss did OK with the bat as captain (not to the extent of a touching 40 year old Gooch who was an absolute fucking phenom) , but you're right in that Root underbowls himself. Reminds me of Graeme Hick in being a dangerous as buggery and underused Spinner. 

Although Root's conversion rate with the bat is shocking. If Steve Smith makes a 50, he's going to make a 100. Root makes 50, he'll get out cheaply in the 70s or 80s. 

Difference between a great player and an all time great player. 

Vaughan's average definitely fell when he became captain but yeah he remained good. 

2-3 years ago, I would have put Kohli behind Smith Root and Williamson in test batting. Now Root has fallen off that level and I would put Stokes ahead of him in the last 2 years.