Pro Wrestling Only

WWE NXT War Games 2019 - MENGO

KawadaSmile

3 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Would me pretending to like Mauro's commentary help in any way? I understand stuff like Twitter is mentally wearing and stuff - I've experienced that feeling too - but honestly the best thing to do is just check out of it for a while instead of getting annoyed at people on here for having honest opinions about a wrestling commentator. It's not like we're on there screaming at the guy.

I'm really just speaking up because I genuinely dig the guy's work. Respect all opinions on here, but clearly no one else was coming to his defense so I chose to do that while I'm waiting for my delivery food. Of course now I'M the vocal minority and perhaps this is all a hall of mirrors.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

I'm really just speaking up because I genuinely dig the guy's work. Respect all opinions on here, but clearly no one else was coming to his defense so I chose to do that while I'm waiting for my delivery food. Of course now I'M the vocal minority and perhaps this is all a hall of mirrors.

C.S. likes him too. He'll have your back.

I should perhaps shut the fuck up, but I would just like to state that I have been suffering from depression and genuinely serious mental and personality disorder issues. If you think shit is bad where you live, imagine how horrible it is in India, where even mentioning you have mental health issues can lead to mockery. 

I really REALLY sympathise with Mauro's personal health issues. So many things which he has expressed on Twitter: I really understand what he is saying, and it breaks my heart that there are those who do not understand his emotions.

However, he is just not a good announcer. It is what it is. He genuinely makes me want to tune off and watch something else. He could have made 10,000 puns about Baker and Cole, but I would still have groaned. 

Sometimes, we are just not good enough to succeed in what aspect of pro wrestling we think we are good at. I hope Miz AND Mauro find their niche, but as of now, I don't think anybody really cares what happens to them or what happens to any of them, because WWE has spent a generation teaching fans that nothing matters. 

Besides Mauro's mental health issues, he also has a history of being an asshole to his co workers that I don't think can all be written off as him having bad episodes. Plus I get the impression that after the JBL nonsense that WWE is afraid to say boo to him let alone try to produce him, which leads to him getting out of control on commentary. 

I too am familiar with mental health struggles, but there's good and bad ways to deal with them. Mauro's alternative methods aside, it's also not healthy for his employer to basically insulate him to the point any criticism is potentially cause for him to have another episode.What Corey did was a dick move for sure, but it shouldn't mean everyone should have to walk on eggshells in fear of setting him off either.

If Mauro wants to delete his twitter so he doesn't have to deal with the bullshit more power to him.  God knows hundreds of people getting less shit than him do it every day.  The thing I hate about it is that Corey Graves is going to treat this like another win for him and his ego and that douchehat's head is already too big for it's own good

26 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Besides Mauro's mental health issues, he also has a history of being an asshole to his co workers that I don't think can all be written off as him having bad episodes. Plus I get the impression that after the JBL nonsense that WWE is afraid to say boo to him let alone try to produce him, which leads to him getting out of control on commentary. 

I too am familiar with mental health struggles, but there's good and bad ways to deal with them. Mauro's alternative methods aside, it's also not healthy for his employer to basically insulate him to the point any criticism is potentially cause for him to have another episode.What Corey did was a dick move for sure, but it shouldn't mean everyone should have to walk on eggshells in fear of setting him off either.

We can all agree that Graves is a dick, right?

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Rob Bartlett > Mauro > Art Donovan 

I haven’t heard Bartlett, really, soon won’t comment on him. 

But, Donovan >>> Mauro. Mauro annoys me. Does not entertain me one bit. Donovan at least amused me. I mean, what do those guys weigh?!??

2 minutes ago, Log said:

I haven’t heard Bartlett, really, soon won’t comment on him. 

But, Donovan >>> Mauro. Mauro annoys me. Does not entertain me one bit. Donovan at least amused me. I mean, what do those guys weigh?!??

Bartlett is not good, but the Vince impression he does for the entirety of the 3/15/93 Raw is pretty hilarious knowing all we know now.

I used to like Mauro Renallo in the earlier NXT days but last night just made it clear to me that he has no restraint anymore and has become a parody of himself. Over the top, 11/10 reactions lose their meaning when they happen constantly - then it just becomes annoying. It's a shame because he used to be fun. It's typical WWE in a way, where something good is run into the ground as it becomes more and more forced and unnatural.

2 hours ago, peachchaos said:

Nope, didn't know any of that. Those treatments aren't nearly as successful as you're suggesting and the research is still out there on marijuana. 

No, the research really isn't "still out there."

It is a clinically, scientifically proven fact that cannabis is not a successful treatment for many mental health issues and it absolutely can exacerbate mental health problems at best and initiate previously undiagnosed or asymptomatic psychological issues and full blown psychotic episodes at worst. Not with everybody, of course but definitely with people who have certain preexisting psychological conditions.  I know. I've seen it with my own two eyes, and studied the clinical documentation. I may not know about a lot of topics, but this topic I do happen to know quite a lot about.  I have 22 years experience working in the mental health field, and you my friend are clearly talking through your ass.

30 minutes ago, hammerva said:

By the way all these people that think messing with Mauro on Twitter is fine, remember who some of his friends are.  One of them was Frank Shamrock who replied to Corey.   Even if Frank is a shell of what he was he could still make Corey's brain even more mush that it already is.  

Fuck Frank Shamrock, I hate that guy.  He's scum.  He abandoned a dog to die and left it tied up in a parking lot during a heat wave and flew away.  Nobody should give a flying fuck what he thinks about anything, that fucking asshole.

13 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

No, the research really isn't "still out there."

It is a clinically, scientifically proven fact that cannabis is not a successful treatment for many mental health issues and it absolutely can exacerbate mental health problems at best and initiate previously undiagnosed or asymptomatic psychological issues and full blown psychotic episodes at worst.  I've seen it with my own two eyes, and studied the clinical documentation. I may not know about a lot of topics, but this topic I do happen to know quite a lot about.  I have 22 years experience working in the mental health field, and you my friend are clearly talking through your ass.

Nah, I have my own anecdotal experience and witnessed real results before my own eyes etc. I'd shoot you a PM in order to keep thing PWO, but I'm pretty sure if you're just 100% against medical marijuana and have taken your position there's probably no talking you down. There's lot of research out there support both takes, I suppose. 

7 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

Nah, I have my own anecdotal experience and witnessed real results before my own eyes etc. I'd shoot you a PM in order to keep thing PWO, but I'm pretty sure if you're just 100% against medical marijuana and have taken your position there's probably no talking you down. There's lot of research out there support both takes, I suppose. 

I am absolutely not against medical marijuana, not even one little bit. In fact, I am an advocate for medicinal marijuana for physical illnesses.  Physical...not psychological. Medical marijuana as treatment for bipolar disorder or other serious psychological illnesses is medically unfounded and ethically irresponsible. I know a lot of cannabis advocates love to promote it as a cure for pretty much everything up to and including the common cold, and that's fine.  For ailments of the body. Not the mind.

9 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I am not against medical marijuana even one little bit. In fact, I am an advocate for medicinal marijuana for physical illnesses.  Physical...not psychological. Medical marijuana as treatment for bipolar disorder or other serious psychological illnesses is medically unfounded and ethically irresponsible.

Cool, that's a relief. I'll shoot you a PM sometime. There's just a lot of conflicting information out there, it seems. Interested in more of your take on it.

2 hours ago, peachchaos said:

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

C.S. likes him too. He'll have your back.

Yes I do.

I was about to start a thread about this (because the Mauro-JBL thread from a couple of years ago lasted several pages), until I realized the last few pages of this thread have been about Mauro.

This is what I was going to say:

• I know many of you strongly dislike Mauro and may even agree with what Graves said. As some of you know, I am in the minority here on PWO and think Mauro is one of the best in the business right now. Regardless of where we are on the Mauro-meter, I think Graves acted like a smug jerk and was way out of line - especially in light of Mauro's well-documented mental health issues. No, that doesn't give Mauro a free pass, but it should entitle him to some understanding. As of now, Mauro deleted his Twitter account.

To add to that:

I think it's one thing for fans to criticize Mauro's commentary - that's fair game - but it should not ever fucking happen from a co-worker in public. Corey Graves is an unprofessional douchebag who needs to be fired immediately and/or (and I don't normally advocate violence) get punched in the face by Frank Shamrock. Both would be fine with me.

In any other type of work or corporate environment, there's no way Graves would have a job after that. But because this is the sleazy, slimy, garbage rasslin' business, he'll probably get promoted or given a raise. 

I hope Mauro comes back to work on Wednesday - regardless of whatever any of you may think of him - because everyone is entitled to do what they love without being bullied for it. 

What Graves said is unprofessional, yes.  Not sure how snide criticisms constitute "bullying" regardless of Mauro's mental state.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

What Corey did was a dick move for sure, but it shouldn't mean everyone should have to walk on eggshells in fear of setting him off either.

Exactly my feeling.

25 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

Cool, that's a relief. I'll shoot you a PM sometime. There's just a lot of conflicting information out there, it seems. Interested in more of your take on it.

I should clarify, I suppose.  I have no issue with cannabis as a treatment for mental illnesses that do not originate as a result of a chemical imbalance of the brain.  For example, I do believe medicinal marijuana can be helpful with conditions like PTSD or Social Anxiety Disorder.  Even with some cases of depression which aren't caused by a Serotonin uptake imbalance. But as soon as you add THC to a chemical imbalance, in my opinion you're rolling the dice on triggering a psychotic episode, and I feel there is adequate clinical proof of that.  Like I said, I've seen it with my own two eyes and it's not a pretty sight.

5 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

What Graves said is unprofessional, yes.  Not sure how snide criticisms constitute "bullying" regardless of Mauro's mental state.

This isn't the school cafeteria - it's a fucking professional corporate environment. Graves should not be criticizing his co-worker in public for any reason. If he's speaking on behalf of feelings Nigel and/or Beth may have (which I doubt), they need to come to Mauro themselves. If he's speaking for himself (which is my guess), it should have been done privately. Even without Mauro's mental health issues, this would have been a fireable offense in literally any other company. Outside of WWE, Graves would not have a job right now - period.

6 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

@Slasher you're the man and you're one of my favorite posters here at PWO...but in this particular case I believe you're wrong brother.

As I have ranted about previously, Messiah has two literal definitions:

1) "The prophesied king and deliverer of the Jews" which does not apply here, unless Roderick Strong is planning on delivering the Jews through the use of the backbreaker?

or...

2) "A professed or accepted leader of some hope or cause" which would imply that the backbreaker is a "hope or cause?" 

It doesn't work.  As I've bitched about previously, there is no earthly reason that they can't call him "The Master of the Backbreaker."  Otherwise it's a stupid nickname and it makes no sense.  And it's mildly sacrilegious, to boot.

I do confess I had to twist myself into a pretzel to justify that nickname so I won't argue against your points.