Pro Wrestling Only

WWE NXT War Games 2019 - MENGO

KawadaSmile

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

This isn't the school cafeteria - it's a fucking professional corporate environment. Graves should not be criticizing his co-worker in public for any reason. If he's speaking on behalf of feelings Nigel and/or Beth may have (which I doubt), they need to come to Mauro themselves. If he's speaking for himself (which is my guess), it should have been done privately. Even without Mauro's mental health issues, this would have been a fireable offense in literally any other company. Outside of WWE, Graves would not have a job right now - period.

Laughs in THE GODDAMN PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Twitter as a whole is the shits, to be honest. Nothing good comes from it, let's be honest. It's a cess pool for negativity, snitch tagging & name calling. 

(and at least in America, motherfuckers LOVE drama)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Laughs in THE GODDAMN PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Twitter as a whole is the shits, to be honest. Nothing good comes from it, let's be honest. It's a cess pool for negativity, snitch tagging & name calling. 

Apples and oranges. America isn't a company (even if he treats it like a poorly run one) and they are trying to impeach him (won't work, but it's more of a reprimand than Corey Graves is getting).

I'll leave it at that, as the P in PWO doesn't stand for Politics. 

Twitter is garbage, but that isn't an excuse for Corey Graves' behavior. Not very punk rock of him. More like punk bitch. 

I'll agree that Mauro really, really, really has that tendency to take all the stage with the commentary, barely letting Nigel and Beth get a chance to do their part. But at the same time, the last man who should try to criticize Mauro is the guy who constantly tries to put himself over by bickering with his colleagues at the commentary booth, thinking he's the next Bobby Heenan or Jesse Ventura.

Even if Corey is 100% right about Mauro (and he isn't, because Mauro is the head commentator and "voice of NXT" so of course he's going to be more prominent - and three-person booths are imbalanced clusterfucks anyway), Corey is 100% wrong to air those views on Twitter, in public, in front of the whole world.

Be an ADULT, Corey, and talk to your co-worker and colleague privately backstage. Only teenage children air their shit out on social media. Completely unprofessional behavior by Corey that deserves the strongest possible reprimand (but he won't get it). 

17 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I'll agree that Mauro really, really, really has that tendency to take all the stage with the commentary, barely letting Nigel and Beth get a chance to do their part. But at the same time, the last man who should try to criticize Mauro is the guy who constantly tries to put himself over by bickering with his colleagues at the commentary booth, thinking he's the next Bobby Heenan or Jesse Ventura.

This. IMO, Corey is far more distracting than Mauro ever was.

It's no accident that Saxton and Renee no longer have commentary jobs. (Well, Saxton is doing NXT UK now, I think.)

Even though Corey and Renee are supposedly best friends, his shitty and abrasive commentary style did her zero favors. No, she was not great and not a natural, but she might have had more of a chance to grow into the role if Corey wasn't constantly trying to make her 1/2 of a bad comedy duo.

And let's not get into the way he sandbagged and sabotaged Saxton constantly - to be fair, probably not intentionally - but that was the result of his shitty Sam Kinison-wannabe style regardless.

The irony is, Corey was actually good in NXT. What the hell happened? 

34 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Even if Corey is 100% right about Mauro (and he isn't, because Mauro is the head commentator and "voice of NXT" so of course he's going to be more prominent - and three-person booths are imbalanced clusterfucks anyway), Corey is 100% wrong to air those views on Twitter, in public, in front of the whole world.

Be an ADULT, Corey, and talk to your co-worker and colleague privately backstage. Only teenage children air their shit out on social media. Completely unprofessional behavior by Corey that deserves the strongest possible reprimand (but he won't get it). 

This. IMO, Corey is far more distracting than Mauro ever was.

It's no accident that Saxton and Renee no longer have commentary jobs. (Well, Saxton is doing NXT UK now, I think.)

Even though Corey and Renee are supposedly best friends, his shitty and abrasive commentary style did her zero favors. No, she was not great and not a natural, but she might have had more of a chance to grow into the role if Corey wasn't constantly trying to make her 1/2 of a bad comedy duo.

And let's not get into the way he sandbagged and sabotaged Saxton constantly - to be fair, probably not intentionally - but that was the result of his shitty Sam Kinison-wannabe style regardless.

The irony is, Corey was actually good in NXT. What the hell happened? 

What happened was that Corey wasn't micro-managed in NXT like he is in WWE. I would bet that this is a Vince call for Corey to act as obnoxious as he is right now.

As for Saxton & Renee, Saxton does Main Event now with Mickie James and Dio Maddin (well, not recently) and while Renee indeed wasn't a natural, I certainly won't blame her for trying....and I always felt like Michael Cole (as much as we can call him the poster child of micro-management results from Vince) did his absolute best to ease Renee in her role and feeding her some material she could seek her teeth in but lo and behold, Corey would often screw that with a snarky remark. At some point, Corey needs to look himself in the mirror and realizes that he's not helping right now. He can blame Meltzer all he wants but the reality is that Corey's a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Considering Renee's stories of having to basically be Corey's handler when he gets too drunk to call an Uber, we have to consider the possibility he's a functioning alcoholic who's starting to become less "functional". 

Also lol at the wanna be punk guy using Trump-ass Trump tactics arguing with someone who made him angry on Twitter.

At this point, you have to wonder how much more WWE is willing to put up with. This isn't the first time Corey Graves has done stuff like this. Let's not forget his temper tantrums over C.M. Punk. This also isn't the first time Mauro has cut himself off. We all remember the JBL stuff. 

At some point, WWE has to decide if it's worth keeping around potential P.R. liabilities or to just nip it in the bud & replace them now. Or would the backlash P.R. from removing either of them be worse?

Like, what does Corey bring to the table at all for WWE? They would feel bad that his concussion stuff happened on their watch & he wasn't on the payroll. If Corey ran with that in the news, that's not a good look. Probably the same thing with Mauro. It would be a bad look as a company to release the guy with mental issues after this drama unfolded. Especially if then he went to the press with it.

So it's like, WWE is in a real pickle here. And it's not like I care about the image of a corporation but if you're a decision maker there, how the hell do you handle a situation like this? Just hope it blows over & works itself out & that there's not anymore issues to arise? Corey Graves, especially if the talk about his heavy drinking are true, appears to be a powder keg. Mauro will probably keep having issues as well. Especially when he inevitably returns to social media again.

It's bad all around. All because of Twitter. WWE should just ban Twitter in-house. That would help a lot. Of course, then they lose the tool of Twitter & it's ability to promote & interact with the potential customer base, etc. It's just a bad situation all around.

I do not like Mauro.  But when I read Graves' tweet, I still think, "Fuck this guy."  That shows you what a gigantic douche Corey is.

It's really a shame because both guys should be inspirational stories.  Too bad they both insist on bickering on twitter and shouting over their colleagues on commentary.  

WWE doesn't want Mauro to go anywhere because they consider it a prestige thing to have the guy who does all the boxing and MMA shows calling their product. I'm not sure why they keep putting up with Corey's nonsense, he has none of the Real Sports Cred WWE gets a boner for and he's been a detriment to everyone he's been partnered with. It's no mistake he's with Cole now since he can't pull the shit with him that he did with Renee (notice how she ran at full speed to get away from commentary to do the FS1 show). 

Corey is a prick but I do think Mauro is a bit thin skinned too. I don't remember the details of the whole JBL nonsense but the on air stuff didn't seem to be particularly out of the ordinary from a heel commentary routine. In fact, I sometimes think it's a bit of a problem that the heel announced run roughshod too much because the faces aren't as good at standing up for themselves as Jim Ross or Gorrila Monsoon were.

14 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Corey is a prick but I do think Mauro is a bit thin skinned too. I don't remember the details of the whole JBL nonsense but the on air stuff didn't seem to be particularly out of the ordinary from a heel commentary routine. In fact, I sometimes think it's a bit of a problem that the heel announced run roughshod too much because the faces aren't as good at standing up for themselves as Jim Ross or Gorrila Monsoon were.

I totally agree. He seems super thin skinned and it gets excused because of his mental health issues. I think that isn't super relevant here as Corey was going out of his way to be a twat. 

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Corey didn't even say anything specially harsh (I still think JBL didn't, either), but in Corey's case it was just out of the blue, whereas they asked JBL's input into the matter.

But yeah, there are smarters ways to give proper criticisms to your peers. Either way those two are really damn bad.

What he said in itself wasn't specially harsh, yes, you're right. But like I said earlier, this is something he should've told him in private. Something like: "Hey Mauro, you did great and everything but if you could leave more room for Nigel and Beth to add to your commentary, that'd be even better." Simple as that. Would've this implied Mauro's meltdown? Maybe not. But at least, people would be far less critical of Corey if he had done it that way. As far as Mauro's mental health, it's not my place to judge as I have no clue what it must be like, being in his shoes.