Pro Wrestling Only

WWE NXT War Games 2019 - MENGO

KawadaSmile

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I know I’m off my rocker here but I guess I loved that. They can’t do blood so they use tables to make up for it. It is what it is, I guess. I generally enjoy the WWE version of these and this was no exception. Crowd loved it. I knew Owens was coming but they nailed it and it was a dope moment. The whole match before Cole came in was booked perfectly. It got real lame and clunky with all the tables but the payoff was worth it. 

This show was another example of how poorly WWE arranges their shows. I understand they don't want to have the two Wargames matches back to back, but they put the one with the more powerful story/booking/drama first which set the bar far too high for the rest of the show. I thought the other matches were all fine, but they had no chance after the opener. 

2 hours ago, jiraffejustin said:

I don't watch NXT, what is an archer of infamy?

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

People who watch NXT don't know either.

An "Archer of Infamy" is a lot like a "Messiah of the Backbreaker."  Namely, a nickname which makes literally NO FUCKING SENSE and was apparently created solely so Mauro Ranallo can bellow it at the top of his lungs approximately 37 times every match.

53 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

Dang, I know I’m off my rocker here but I guess I loved that. They can’t do blood so they use tables to make up for it. It is what it is, I guess. I generally enjoy the WWE version of these and this was no exception. Crowd loved it. I knew Owens was coming but they nailed it and it was a dope moment. The whole match before Cole came in was booked perfectly. It got real lame and clunky with all the tables but the payoff was worth it. 

The Women's War Games was far and away the best match on the show, and since it was the opener all the other matches paled in comparison...but having said that, I agree with you.  I still enjoyed the Men's War Games and overall I thought this was an excellent show and very enjoyable.  Except the commentary of Mauro Ranallo, who I hope gets a terminal case of mouth herpes.

1 hour ago, Stiva said:

A War Games ending on a TLC spot is so indicative of WWE. The eventual AEW War Games will end with MJF tapping out in a pool of his own blood and it'll be a million times better for it.

I only want to see an AEW version of War Games if one of the teams is made up of Marko Stunt, Michael Nakazawa, Peter Avalon, Sonny Kiss, and the fat guy from The Dark Order.

Well, that was one hell of a recommendation! Just an absolute bloody war, with a great ebb and flow dynamic that perfectly fit the gimmick. I appreciate how you all at segunda caida keep coming up with a handful of these absolutely under-the-radar awesome matches year after year. Excellent War Games match there. 

21 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Mauro deleted his Twitter.

Look forward to him crying because not everyone loves his dumb fuck references. He'll come back & start retweeting everyone that verbally blows him again, like last time. While making some snarky comment about people being haters, acting like he's not gotten to.. again. 

15 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

An "Archer of Infamy" is a lot like a "Messiah of the Backbreaker."  Namely, a nickname which makes literally NO FUCKING SENSE and was apparently created solely so Mauro Ranallo can bellow it at the top of his lungs approximately 37 times every match.

Messiah of the backbreaker makes some sense to me. Its like saying he is bringing the backbreaker back into style, or that he is the leader of everyone who ever wanted to see backbreakers. Is it lame? Yeah but there's some purpose to it. Archer of infamy, though? Nah got nothing there.

40 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Is this actually real? I'd take Jim Ross burying the matches over this

It is. We even mentioned that particular call yesterday.

26 minutes ago, El-P said:

Word.

I would watch the women's Wargame, but Mauro is just *that* annoying to me.

I don't recall him being particularly obnoxious in the women's wargame. Sure, it's still Mauro, but the match was so good his commentary didn't wander into forced pop culture references.

12 minutes ago, Slasher said:

Messiah of the backbreaker makes some sense to me. Its like saying he is bringing the backbreaker back into style, or that he is the leader of everyone who ever wanted to see backbreakers. Is it lame? Yeah but there's some purpose to it. Archer of infamy, though? Nah got nothing there.

See, Archer of Infamy could mean an archer of great fame/an infamous archer or it could mean an archer who fires infamy at his enemies. This requires further clarification from Mauro next time he's in the booth.

Even though it's over on Twitter and seemingly everywhere, I can't help but feel the anti-Mauro crowd, that all of ya'll are a very very vocal minority. He's the best commentator in 20 years. Respected throughout the industry. Out there essentially going for broke with his own Monsoon-isms. You can choose to cringe at basically anything today. Which is fitting since wrestling is ALL suspension of disbelief to begin with. His enthusiasm shines too bright sometimes, but you can tell it's a sincere appreciation of the product. And he gets it all over. 

But sure, by all means support the movement to bully someone off Twitter and out of your life just because you personally don't dig what they're doing even if they're great at it. Really wish I could opt out of this cancel culture existence.  

The NWA Anarchy WarGames is amazing, of course.