Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Survivor Series 2019 - Board Breaking Subtitles

KawadaSmile

HBK is going to announce the NXT Men's team at the pre-show panel. Smart, considering how many of them got fucked up in the main event yesterday. Also would explain Riddle going extra light. 

The women's team looks specially stacked: Toni Storm, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Candice LeRae and Io Shirai. Absurd. The Four Corners + Akiyama of our times.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole brand supremacy thing would work out so well if they could just do the smallest thing which is establishing a prize or a reason for all of this. Like when Team Austin vs Team Bischoff happened, and the prize was getting a major favor granted per member of the winning team. Just anything to give them a reason to band up and fight the other brands. That is just so easy and simple to do, I don't know why they won't do it. 

Aside from the incredibly stupid concept and the lack of faith that this company can do anything right, tonight has the potential to be a really entertaining show. Ronda Rousey could return, although that seems like more of a Royal Rumble moment. They could pull the plug and turn Rollins heel again, although turning on his brand seems like pretty weak motivation. Rey Rey could topple Lesnar. With Owens back in NXT, that most likely will free up a spot for Raw which could be a nice surprise moment. We could see Daniel Bryan miracle worker actually get something good out of Wyatt. 

-or-

Rey is squashed in <30 seconds, Bryan-Wyatt is just an angle, we're subjected to 2 60+ minute elimination matches featuring the returns of Triple H and Shane McMahon

Brock/Rey is the only thing on this card any sane person should be looking forward to, and it has the potential to be a real classic. Brock killed it this year with Finn Balor and Seth Rollins, so just imagine what he could do with an actual good wrestler. But it's not worth sitting through three hours of Brand Supremacy horseshit for. I'll be checking in and out until the match starts.

5 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Brock/Rey is the only thing on this card any sane person should be looking forward to, and it has the potential to be a real classic. Brock killed it this year with Finn Balor and Seth Rollins, so just imagine what he could do with an actual good wrestler. But it's not worth sitting through three hours of Brand Supremacy horseshit for. I'll be checking in and out until the match starts.

Same here. The only match with a remotely coherent build that isn't going to be a complete clusterfuck.

4 hours ago, El-P said:

T-shirt Mania.

I would go for Triple Threat Mania as there are six Triple Threat matches on the show. Considering that Triple Threat may be my least favorite gimmick match in wrestling, I don't know if I ever get through the whole show. I hope they are clever enough to not have three people in the ring at the same time in the 5 vs. 5 vs. 5 elimination matches, because it could get very bad that way.

I don't think anything takes me more out of a moment than when a wrestler, in character, is talking about stealing the show, or being the most entertaining, or having a match of the year. I know that kayfabe is dead but is it too much to ask that the wrestlers on the wrestling show having wrestling contests actually want to fucking WIN the wrestling match? How about that for a concept?

This fucking rah-rah we had match of the night it doesn't matter that I lost bullshit sucks. Sami can fuck off.

Just now, Coffey said:

I don't think anything takes me more out of a moment than when a wrestler, in character, is talking about stealing the show, or being the most entertaining, or having a match of the year. I know that kayfabe is dead but is it too much to ask that the wrestlers on the wrestling show having wrestling contests actually want to fucking WIN the wrestling match? How about that for a concept?

I agree in principle, though in the let's call it shoot-version of pro wrestling (MMA), it's sometimes better for your bottom line to lose an exciting fight than to win a boring one.

7 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Ivar is a star, my goodness.

Ivar looks like he's getting bigger. With Keith Lee waiting in the weeds, I hope his weight doesn't get out of control. I like him & think he has a ton of potential.

Same goes for Otis, whom earlier in the night couldn't get up for his elbow after the worm. He's noticeably put on more weight - that's not all just from changing outfits... 

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Big guys tend to get bigger in WWE considering the schedule leads to be constantly banged up.

I can't imagine trying to eat healthy while living on the road. To be fair, I can't imagine that lifestyle in general. Just the whole having to make towns, find gyms, get rental cars, etc. seems exhausting let alone having to actually work while doing all of that mundane shit too. Then you factor in that you're constantly banged up, tired, hounded by fans... I wouldn't want to then go to a restaurant and just eat chicken breast & steamed broccoli either!