Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TLC - The Language Crashes (the board)

KawadaSmile

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Coffey said:

It's just such bad writing to have a PPV match turn into a 4-on-1 beatdown in a gimmick match & not have a single babyface give a fuck to help Roman. 

I don't know what the long game is here but that shit sucked.

That's Vince's idea of heat and unfortunately Roman has been the victim of this type of heat probably more than anyone.

I was reading the results as I was working out and just came back, took a shower and as soon as I switched on the TV, I saw Roman fight fucking Corbin backstage amongst a bunch of other wrestlers doing the exact same. Never ever has someone they want to be pushed as the top guy booked more like just another dude on the roster. It's honestly cruel to Roman. I can't believe he lost. Reading the description does not sound as if it was good on screen either. 

I don't see how Charlotte was unprofessional,  there very easily could have been a language barrier preventing Kairi from communicating to her that she was fucked up (Asuka spent a lot of time talking to her afterwards I noticed). 

The match was a trainwreck though, with Kairi having issues throwing chairs into the ring (and getting smacked in the face on the rebound from one of them) and the usual problem of having women who are much lighter than the men doing table spots that end up not working because the table doesn't break. The Insane Elbow spot on to both Charlotte and Becky looked like it killed everyone involved. 

Main event was pretty messy, but I liked the energy that messiness added. Asuka came off like a total megastar in that match. She is perfect in this heel run and it will only lead to a potentially huge face run, sooner rather than later. Revival vs. New Day was great, too. But damn was it criminal to cut immediately away from that main event to go to that silly bowling pin spot. Brutal timing on that one. 

9 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Based on the gifs I've seen, the main event was a total trainwreck and Charlotte is an unprofessional shithead who should be blackballed from the industry.

Gifs only tell part of the story, but yeah. If one were to make a supercut of Charlotte beating the shit out of Kairi during the past few weeks, one would get that impression.

The match itself was really fucking good and it ended the show on a high note, after a really meandering middle part.

Now we are going to begin the build to Royal Rumble. Please treat Roman better.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

I don't see how Charlotte was unprofessional,  there very easily could have been a language barrier preventing Kairi from communicating to her that she was fucked up (Asuka spent a lot of time talking to her afterwards I noticed).

If the way Kairi crumpled after taking the spear didn't clue Charlotte in that something was wrong, being unable to get up for the powerbomb should have. Pulling a Low Ki on a likely concussed opponent means that either she has to get her shit in no matter what or she has no idea how to deviate from the script. As is usually the case, though, WWE is the real villain here. There's no excuse for nobody at ringside or backstage calling an audible when it was clear that Kairi had gotten her bell rung. Not to mention the inherent irresponsibility of putting a 100-pound woman with a history of concussion issues in a TLC match in the first place.

Becky tweeted about how Kairi is a warrior. On WOR, Meltzer said he found it "interesting" that no one had updated him about the Kairi situation, when in such cases they usually do so. 

I thought Charlotte hurt herself in the final bump she took as well. Really hope everyone is okay. 

8 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I'm sure Kairi will tweet something about how nobody needs to worry because she's totally fine right before taking a lengthy absence that is never explained or even acknowledged on TV.

Gotta work in a couple shots at the "dirt sheets" getting it all wrong, when in reality, they're 100% correct on the injury.

WWE has been doing a thing where if someone gets concussed, they get all weirdly defensive and secretive so while they are trying to keep it under wraps they way they do it is pretty much a big neon light advertising someone has a concussion.

Bryan also mentioned on Twitter folks in the company are more or less being taught to not self-report concussions since it will lead to you getting a rep for being fragile in the company and lessen your odds of getting a push.

Rewatching it really shows how scared the refs must be to make judgement calls. Becky seems to know Kairi is hurt immediately, probably because she got landed on with that elbow to the table, Asuka definitely knew after talking to her if not prior, so you have half the people in the match aware something went wrong. Plus you have Becky doing Hogan-light chair shots to Kairi's ass while Charlotte is swinging for the fences. Now it may have happened off camera, but not once did I see any part where the refs were trying to communicate to her. 

What really looks bad for Charlotte is the powerbomb spot. You could excuse the spear as her thinking it was a botch and getting mad, but when someone who is probably 100 pounds soaking wet and is regarded as one of the best workers in the company suddenly is dead weight on you, that should have set off alarm bells.