Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TLC - The Language Crashes (the board)

KawadaSmile

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all fine and well but if we can't as fans know for sure when, in Kairi's case, the concussion happened in the match, how can we be sure that those spotters will know themselves?

Maybe it's more time for WWE management to change their mentality of "sucking it up" and making talents afraid to say when they're injured in fear of losing their push and their spot. It's stuff like this that often makes fans wonder if Vince truly cares about his roster.

25 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

That's all fine and well but if we can't as fans know for sure when, in Kairi's case, the concussion happened in the match, how can we be sure that those spotters will know themselves?

You may never be able to pinpoint the exact place hit happened, but once someone is clearly out of it there should be a way to make a call. If they can do it in the NFL which is the last bastion of alpha maledom, surely WWE can figure it out. 

3 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Maybe it's more time for WWE management to change their mentality of "sucking it up" and making talents afraid to say when they're injured in fear of losing their push and their spot. It's stuff like this that often makes fans wonder if Vince truly cares about his roster.

What's the difference between now and the time HHH stopped Bryan's match and this was before his documented WWE injuries.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:54 PM, Coffey said:

It's just such bad writing to have a PPV match turn into a 4-on-1 beatdown in a gimmick match & not have a single babyface give a fuck to help Roman. 

I don't know what the long game is here but that shit sucked.

This stood out as especially awful. Like where was New Day, who were feuding with the Revival and who Roman JUST saved on SD last week or Shorty G and Ali, etc... but then apparently he does have friends for the closing fight?

speaking of New Day/Revival, felt the overly choreographed ladder spots were in overkill throughout that. That spot with the superplex where Big E didn't land on the ladder, Dawson did but just gets up and puts Big E back because they *had* to break the ladder at that moment.. ridiculous.

The Reigns match seemed so set up to have the Usos return for the save and yet he just kept getting killed forever. Similar to his everlasting feud with Shane earlier in the year. They really have no idea how to book this guy. He came back from cancer in February and he's been spinning his wheels ever since. And really, this Corbin feud is almost a direct rerun of the Shane stuff.

There are a couple of rumors floating around that WWE is aware about possible bad ratings. If true, I say it's coming from FOX, considering how invested they are in promoting SD.

@Mad Dogmakes a good point: Corbin was blamed for RAW's rating slide this time last year. The McMahons directly ridiculed him for it. So why give Corbin a prime spot on SD as they transition that show to a wider audience? Weird. 

And pinning Roman doesn't help Corbin. He still looks like a goober, needing 15 guys to take down one.

Part of me thinks this is going to build to Roman snapping and destroying everyone in the locker room. Because why wouldn't he? They can't be bothered to help when a dozen guys jump him, so it's only fair. He worked a TV-only schedule for about 4-5 months after his return, but he's clearly back to full speed now. So wrap up this Corbin angle and let's get the actual show back on the road.

For me, as I look back at the McMahon mocking Corbin on RAW that night, it clearly looked to me it was just playing to the "The fans are now the authority" mentality that they (falsely) pushed forward. Became quite evident that McMahon never meant what he said that night because why would Corbin be pushed again if he truly thought he was the reason for the atrocious RAW ratings during his Constable days.

Any pushback on ratings would have to be coming from Fox. They've been BFFs with the USA Network forever and they know what to expect at this point. Fox are the ones who just backed the money truck up Vince's driveway and promoted the hell out of it on NFL games and got the same or lesser ratings they were getting with what was on Fridays before.

7 hours ago, SirEdger said:

For me, as I look back at the McMahon mocking Corbin on RAW that night, it clearly looked to me it was just pla ying to the "The fans are now the authority" mentality that they (falsely) pushed forward. Became quite evident that McMahon never meant what he said that night because why would Corbin be pushed again if h truly thought he was the reason for the atrocious RAW ratings during his Constable days.

Because Vince believes he has the most heat, Corbin embraces the heat he has very well, and I like it. The King Corbin thing is corny but he is handling it well but these gang style beat down doesn't make make him a stronger heel. People coming to Roman's aid is too old school for Vince