Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Elimination Chamber 2020

sek69

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught up with the rest of the show. The Strowman handicap match and Raw tag titles were both fun. The Women's Chamber match looked to be a dud until Shayna came in a murdered everyone. That bump Liv took was nasty. Shayna feels like a star and she's being protected as one. All in all, C+ show. Nothing blow away with the exception of Bryan/Gulak, but everything else was solid.

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

I just hope Becky ditches this Connor McGreggor thing she has been doing off and on in the last month.  Connor is not a babyface.  Shayna is definitely a heel.  

Isn't she meant to be humbled though? She kinda has to act like a douchebag for that to make sense. Clubber Lang was a heel too in Rocky III.

9 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Poor Liv Morgan damn near died for our sins tonight. I get what they were going for with Shayna basically squashing everyone in the chamber but I'm not sure it worked. It will be a test of Becky's star power if that match in Mania is over at all.

I have a feeling it's going to bomb horribly and Becky is going to take 100% of the blame for it,

Shayna didn't seem to get much of a reaction in the ring last night, the Rumble, or Survivor Series . I could see her style being too "dry", for the lack of a better word, to really connect with the WWE fan. She doesn't have the charisma, it factor, and dynamic athleticism of a Brock or Ronda. I could see her getting the wrong kind of heat if they have her squash Becky.

Wish the crowd was a bit more receptive to Bryan and Gulak because it was the clear WWE match of the year to me. Cole and Graves did a great job on commentary as well. I'm not usually a fan of either but they called it as a serious match rather than the usual clown show. I hope Bryan gets more chances to get this style over. They should just give him a midcard belt and let him book his own division.

3 hours ago, FMKK said:

Wish the crowd was a bit more receptive to Bryan and Gulak because it was the clear WWE match of the year to me. Cole and Graves did a great job on commentary as well. I'm not usually a fan of either but they called it as a serious match rather than the usual clown show. I hope Bryan gets more chances to get this style over. They should just give him a midcard belt and let him book his own division.

I low key really liked that the crowd didn't know how to react to a match like that, made it even more unique/special in a weird way.

Bryan vs Gulak was fucking great and I’m glad the commentary made the extra effort. Bryan’s head drops were fucking awful to watch but didn’t hurt the match too much. Understandable the crowd were fairly cold for the match as  Gulak was a job guy last time I saw him. Hopefully he doesn’t disappear off the planet for the next few months like Buddy and Ali did when Bryan got them over.

I'm really surprised any people were down on the pre-Shayna portion of the women's Chamber, but it's an opinion I've seen here and on Twitter. Riott, Logan, and Natalya were killing each other out there, and it was exciting seeing Riott and Logan both coming off like asskickers after being off PPV for a year +. Their selling was tremendous during the Shayna Red Wedding, loved the Logan lights out sell and both of them got killed on those kneelifts. 

I thought the only flaw of the match (and it was a big one for me) was that nobody called an audible and worked the time. Shayna out there killing time went on unbearably long, they should have started that clock way quicker.