WWE TV 06/22 - 06/28 If you ain't testin', you ain't gettin' the Rona

KawadaSmile

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, C.S. said:

Major cuts at FS1:

WWE Backstage will no longer be a weekly show.

Ryan Satin is gone.

I feel bad for Satin. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the guy or anything, it has to suck to lose your dream job after only a few months.

I hope destroying his credibility as a journalist by turning himself into a glorified WWE PR flack was worth it for him.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

I hope destroying his credibility as a journalist by turning himself into a glorified WWE PR flack was worth it for him.

Nothing harmed him more than reporting that Sasha and Bayley were crying on the floor, and IIRC that was before he was officially in the WWE.

Yeah, the core of the story seemed correct, but at the same time what was reported became such a joke, and he was so mocked for that, the going to the 'E wasn't even his lowest point.

What I mean is that there was no credibility to lose there, even if the situation was a tad unfair.

Yeah, it was the way he reported it. He basically made out Sasha and Bayley to be a couple of immature brats throwing a tantrum because they were asked to lose. 

Speaking of, the Sasha-Bayley feud might be the best long-term booking WWE has done in a long time. Hopefully I don't jinx it. 

It seems like it would either be cosmetic surgery on her breasts or her face. No matter what anyone says, Charlotte has been one of the only women in that company that's been holdin' it down (along with Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, Io Shirai, &  Rhea Ripley). Her not being there will definitely feel like something is missing to me. I enjoyed her match with Asuka. Those 2 have an unteachable chemistry, and what a great back & forth, hard fought match that was. I gave it ****. When she comes back Charlotte will obviously take issue with Nia Jax, but she will still have issue with Asuka, because Asuka beat her in a "handicapped" state, not while she was 100%. I also enjoyed the Street Profits/Viking Raiders Indie style sprint. The Raiders had many matches like that during their Indie days, and it was cool to see that in a WWE ring. I gave that match ***1/2. WWE needs to stay at the Performance Center. BTW, Dolph Ziggler getting a World Title match on PPV? :lol:

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Yeah, the core of the story seemed correct, but at the same time what was reported became such a joke, and he was so mocked for that, the going to the 'E wasn't even his lowest point.

What I mean is that there was no credibility to lose there, even if the situation was a tad unfair.

The details of the story (them on the floor crying) was so obviously fed to him by someone in the company to make them look bad.  He didn't stop for a second to consider if what he was be being fed was in any way not on the level. It's something that carried into his FS1 gig as well. He reported everything WWE handed him without a sniff of analysis and/or criticism.  I'm sure it's probably how he got the job, they knew he would just pass along everything they gave to him.

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hey guess doing a braindead decision of not testing people, not having masks and other stupid shit really is paying off

Mask don't look good on TV.

Testing is for weak people.

I'm sure Vince can drink a glass of water with one hand while Brucie is clapping.

WAtched the first 5 minutes of Smackdown. A dozen WWE stars standing a few feet apart doing some sort of chant about Taker (I had it on mute).

Multiple levels of LOL to me. I actually feel bad for these folks. Hopefully when Hollywood reopens, people like Alexa and Big E will realize they have enough catchet to abandon this sinking ship and make more money being Hollywood C-listers.

Honestly, Alexa Bliss in Lifetime movies? Big E doing comedic tough guy on any number of shows or movies or Happy Madison productions? These folks work too hard for this shit and would make equal money elsewhere with more freedom and a ton less likelihood of paralysis.

plus, if they ever do decide to come back to wrestling, they’ll get mega bucks for a lighter schedule anyway. 

Time to abandon the sinking ship. The irony is, fans won’t even call it “selling out” like they did 20 years ago because most everyone agrees the WWE is an evil institution. It’s amazing that the Rock got shit for leaving knowing what we know now (or ignored then).