Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/12 - 10/18 JaVale McGee has three more rings than Karl Malone. Life is good!

KawadaSmile

13 hours ago, cm funk said:

C.S. no offense brother, but maybe I don't know......many of your rasslin heroes partook in a joint or a drink here or there.......it ain't gonna turn you into a pumpkin

Ironic coming from this particular username. :) 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched a full episode of Smackdown since I think the first episode on Fox, and before that it had been like a year I think, and havent Raw in forever either. I just PVR the shows and then fastforward through most of them until I see something Im interested in. Since Im not watching it live, I know what segments might interest me from the threads on here. Usually I get through Smackdown in like 40 minutes and Raw in an hour.

This Roman heel turn is giving me vibes of when Rocky first turned heel, and was finally able to go off on all the fools who were shitting on him before. 

You can just feel Roman has years of venom built up, which is making this character really click on all cylinders.

The only risk is having him spit too much truth as a heel and have him fall into "cool heel" territory, but I suppose that's  partly why Heyman is there since his character is too slimy to have people get behind. 

12 hours ago, Strummer said:

@wrestlevotes is reporting wwe won't return to its normal weekly touring schedule until 2022

holy crap

If you ask me, from a physical & mental standpoint, I don't think this is something talents are unhappy about. They get to spend more time at home with their family and they have more time to recover. And with the money being practically all made with live TV, I don't blame WWE for being more cautious about bringing back live events. Maybe they'll focus strictly on TV going forward whenever they'll able to have a more "normal" schedule.

I can see house shows going away, at least for WWE,  post-pandemic.  There doesn't seem to be any financial incentive, house shows have been losing money and they company has all their eggs in the TV rights basket. It's long been a "we do it because we've always done it" thing for them so now that they'll have such a long break from them it will be easier to just not go back to it.

I could see them doing "special" houseshows that have tradition, like the Christmas week MSG show, but I just don't see them seeing any business reasons to start booking arenas in Podunk towns again any time soon. 

Why are Roman and Braun working an Internet angle when both are heels and they're on different brands?

As for house shows, WWE was cutting way back on them even before the pandemic because the poor attendance was hurting the stock price. The thing is, most of the wrestlers actually enjoy doing them. The folks lower down on the card get much-needed ring time while the ones higher up get to spread their wings a bit and work without worrying about things like time cues and playing to the hard camera. Plus, their incomes take a hit without merch sales and their cut of the gate, although that's likely balanced out by fewer road expenses.

I cared so little about RAW Underground that I never even bothered to watch a clip online.  Shit like that doesn't work.  You can't have "real fighting" in "the underground" because then what does that make the in-ring?

Roman's "when I'm done with you, your whole family gonna be afraid" is legendary

On 10/15/2020 at 11:07 AM, Strummer said:

@wrestlevotes is reporting wwe won't return to its normal weekly touring schedule until 2022

holy crap

Can you imagine trying to book a touring schedule right now? It's a logistical nightmare. You want assurance you can have fixed arena capacity and you need to know 3-6 months in advance. I imagine the other touring attractions like Monster trucks, Disney, Marvel, etc. having the same issues.

Oh, absolutely. Stephen A. screams a lot and things are worse nowadays, but he did give us that incredible, hilarious rant on Kwame Brown. His overall analysis was spot on too, as the Lakers did make it to three straight finals.

You kinda need to kayfabe things in order to create an engaging sports talk show.

12 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Oh, absolutely. Stephen A. screams a lot and things are worse nowadays, but he did give us that incredible, hilarious rant on Kwame Brown. His overall analysis was spot on too, as the Lakers did make it to three straight finals.

You kinda need to kayfabe things in order to create an engaging sports talk show.

this is true.  I want to see him get hit with a steel chair or speared out of his chair, preferably both, in either order, repeatedly

he definitely has heat with me

4 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Oh No! What will become of Dabba Kato and (noted work rate guy) Riddick Moss!!

I clarified that comment in a follow-up post, but you're too busy trying to get "cool points" with - well, I don't know who - to actually read the thread. 

Anyway, Raw Underground lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

It was an interesting idea, but the execution was so sloppy. The rules were never clear to me, they didn't bother with the little things like graphics for each person's name (I realize they probably justified that laziness by thinking it felt more "underground" without those basics), etc.

Poor Shane. I feel like he has great ideas, but he's hamstrung by family and office politics. 

I've totally stopped watching any WWE products.  I still come into this thread here and there out of curiosity and because you guys can go on some great tangents on other topics.  But, I'm probably done with WWE for the foreseeable future.

The main thing is that what they put on tv/network just has no appeal to me.  However, one of the other main issues is that I've been horribly disappointed by guys that I thought were the future for them.  I thought Braun was so exciting when he was feuding with Roman and tipping ambulances over and shit.  Then, he was booked horribly and turned out to be an asshole and schill, so fuck that.  The other guy was Velveteen Dream and, well...

Luckily, I've had a renewed interest in the indie scene.  Paradigm Pro is doing these awesome shootstyle shows right down the road for me and I can't wait to get a chance to see them live.

35 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I clarified that comment in a follow-up post, but you're too busy trying to get "cool points" with - well, I don't know who - to actually read the thread. 

I was just trying to have a little fun while making fun of Raw Underground's demise. I saw your clarification, no harm intended.