Survivor Series 2020 Drew McIntyre is just the #2, biatch

KawadaSmile

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

For Drew/Roman to main event over the farewell of one of Vince's favorite wrestlers, it has to be something like Brock returning.

I don't think that Brock returns until they can have big crowds in arenas again....which may only be 2022.

But seems like the entire Bone Street Krew is in the house though....at least, the ones that are still alive.

Anyone else miss when the Survivor Series PPV was WWE's annual Thanksgiving tradition Thanksgiving Eve tradition had only traditional Survivor Series matches?

I honestly don't give a fuck about most of the singles titles on the card. Only WWE could make an entire show of Champion vs. Champion matches feel less special than a third-tier house show in Peoria.

In a full circle moment, my first Survivor Series was 1991 where The Undertaker did the impossible and destroyed "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan. I was in shock, brother! It was a happy shock though, JACK, because I was rooting for The Undertaker. Then that slimy weasel Jack Tunney completely ruined the vibe by announcing an immediate rematch "this Tuesdee in Texas." I knew, I just knew, the Hulkster would regain the title. (He did, and then he didn't.)

40 minutes ago, MoS said:

I swear Taker has had more farewells than Terry Funk has had retirements

He should have never come back from the time he left his hat or something in the ring at Mania, that was the perfect send-off. Having his farewell in front of no one seems kinda anti-climatic for such an iconic character.

45 minutes ago, MoS said:

I swear Taker has had more farewells than Terry Funk has had retirements

That's my thing.

I wonder what is next? I assume "Mark" becomes a full-time coach at NXT. 

I expect this PPV to be pretty decent. The card could deliver strongly. And this era of WWE has been the tale of two companies. Largely awful TV but with then really well-judged "WWE is good again" type PPVs. They are very good at resetting or laying the table the inability to follow up and sustain interest is the issue.

24 minutes ago, El-P said:

He should have never come back from the time he left his hat or something in the ring at Mania, that was the perfect send-off. Having his farewell in front of no one seems kinda anti-climatic for such an iconic character.

On The Last Ride, he explained why he came back. He said he felt he was "fat Elvis" out there, gave Roman a terrible match, didn't do for Roman what he should have because of that, and he didn't want to hang his hat up on such a poor performance.

13 minutes ago, C.S. said:

On The Last Ride, he explained why he came back. He said he felt he was "fat Elvis" out there, gave Roman a terrible match, didn't do for Roman what he should have because of that, and he didn't want to hang his hat up on such a poor performance.

Oh yeah, sure, he felt bad about himself and not giving Roman the match he deserved, that's why he came back to have some even way worst matches (the Roman match was actually decent thanks to Roman) in Saudi Arabia against washed-up guys from his generation, not a matter of fat-ass paychecks from humanitarian MBS at all.B)

1 minute ago, El-P said:

Oh yeah, sure, he felt bad about himself and not giving Roman the match he deserved, that's why he came back to have some even way worst matches (the Roman match was actually decent thanks to Roman) in Saudi Arabia against washed-up guys from his generation, not a matter of fat-ass paychecks from humanitarian MBS at all.B)

We all know WWE has made the ultimate humanitarian effort and sacrifice to save Saudi Arabia and show their citizens the light through life-changing sports-entertainment. :D

Seriously though, all of this was actually covered on Last Ride, with Undertaker coming back, having a good match, having a bad match, rinse and repeat a few times, which kept him going because he said he didn't want to end his career on a sour note. Michelle McCool and others expressed frustration with the vicious cycle of it all.

I just bat an eye on Youtube. Holy shit. And people were making fun of AEW pre-shows.:lol:

Is that Nakamura somewhere in that JTTS Battle Royal ? Wow. Hard to imagine this guy used to be a huge star. He went from main-eventing the Tokyo Dome to being Funaki. 

And as a LU and IMPACT fan, John Morrison is sooooo sad to watch here. DItto RIcochet... From "Can't miss prospect" to "some guy".

Just now, C.S. said:

And Miz looks like a total geek wearing a red RAW shirt when no one else is showing any "pride" in their "brand colors."

Come on, the announcer just said it was a "dual brand" Battle Royal. BRAND MATTER DAMNIT ! IT'S REAL TO THEM.... in November of each year.

Miz kicks still look like shit.

1 hour ago, rovert said:

That's my thing.

I wonder what is next? I assume "Mark" becomes a full-time coach at NXT. 

I expect this PPV to be pretty decent. The card could deliver strongly. And this era of WWE has been the tale of two companies. Largely awful TV but with then really well-judged "WWE is good again" type PPVs. They are very good at resetting or laying the table the inability to follow up and sustain interest is the issue.

The issue here is that the PPV has less stakes than a vegan BBQ. None of these matches matter at all so even if it does overdeliver, it's just a night of good wrestling. At the end of the night, there isn't even anything to build from for them to fuck up.