WWE TV 11/30 - 12/06 Romain Grosjean with the big comeback spot of the weekend

KawadaSmile

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Like a phoenix, that man.

Thank god for all the safety improvements over the last 25 years. There is a reason why there was a death every 6 GPs in the 1970ies and since Senna and Ratzenberger there was "only" one fatal accident in Formula 1 (and that one forced the creation of the halo, without which Grosjean might have got decapitated).

Though when the race was restarted and Lance Stroll's car ended up turned around, I heard JR in my head to ask for someone to stop the damn GP. That the race ended behind the safety car because Checo Perez car got lit up three laps before the regular finish was fitting.

Like, I like me some Drew McIntyre, I like Orton, I LOVE The Hurt Business, and Sheamus is one of the top wrestlers of the past 15 years or so to me. But if their only storyline is Alexa Bliss dressing up as Avril Lavigne at her worst while staging wacky antics with goddamn Bray Wyatt to upset Orton, then they lose me.

You know how lenient I am, but there is a reason people are tuning in to watch SmackDown and not RAW, and I have to agree. 

13 hours ago, MoS said:

This and the sequence at Survivor Series where Nia was supposed to be cleaning house and tossing people out of the ring but all the women just willfully flung themselves over and between the ropes instead are very telling.

It's like, "Yes, I'll work a match with her, but also, I'm gonna protect myself first and worry about how it looks later."

folks I gotta tell ya: I really can't say i feel sorry for some of those folks. they make more money per month than i make in like 10 years. does it suck having vince as a boss and having to deal with legal bullshit preventing you from making more money on other platforms? of fucking course! even so, they are still making absurd amounts of money to live comfortable, decent lives. lana is making MILLIONS with her contract, and i'm pretty sure miro could stay at home and scratch his buttcrack for like two years and still would be financially okay

they are not wasting away their salaries on coke and pills to the point their hearts are the size of a truck engine

fuck thissssss

It should be noted Lana is only making that kind of money because she signed one of those "please don't go to AEW" deals and should not be considered the norm. 

Also it's bullshit anyone working for WWE should have to spend a penny on their own gear. It's another "independent contractor" loophole the company is abusing like how everyone has to pay for their own rental cars and whatnot. 

I don't think them having to pay for their gear is a huge issue, tbh. Like, some wrestlers like Bianca Belair MAKE their own gear, and some others have contacts in that industry, so it's not that much of an issue.

And like, the choice to pay 100k - A HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS - on ring gear is solely on Lana's shoulders. No fucking way WWE would spend a fraction of that with any wrestler.

also, doesn't zack ryder have a figurine collection that's...... really fucking expensive as well? didn't karl anderson buy a big mansion for his family? i won't argue that the loophole is abusive as shit, but at the same time many of them are making absurd amounts of money. the ones who are truly fucked are the PC-level talent, tho. they make way less money AND have those abusive contracts.

I would imagine most of Zack's figures are ones he's collected along the way so he probably didn't spend *that* much unless he went chasing after a rare variant or something like that. 

Karl signed a big money deal to get him to leave New Japan so I'm sure he could afford a nice house. Also WWE has a history of co signing on mortgages on talent so they have something to hold against them if they try to leave the company at some point. 

It is 100% correct that the PC level and anyone in NXT who didn't have a name on the indies first are the ones getting fucked the most. They have to deal with all the bullshit and the only hope they can cling to is getting called up to the main roster so they can make money (with the tradeoff being their careers will probably be dead-ended in the process).

We're also comparing apples to oranges in terms of direct earnings. Of course I can completely understand the rationale here, that is a ludicrous amount of money (for us third worlders especially) but is it a lol of money when compared to contemporaries? Other sportsmen, other TV personalities?

Even then I'm not sure it's enough of a direct comparison - like we can never compare a national footballer's money to a provincial/club level player. WWE is massive business and salaries even at the bottom level should be reflective of that.

To me they're earning a metric fuckton but, in relative terms to their world, it is a drop in the bucket.

3 hours ago, Alucard said:

Ryder spending $10,000 on a rare Kamala hasbro variant

I read recently that people who sleep on the pavement for five nights for the new iPhone/Pauly Shore movie/Aqua album aren't fans of iPhones/Paulie Shore/Aqua. They're fans of sleeping on the pavement for five nights, because that's what "superfans" do. They're actually fans of fandom itself, and into being the biggest fan they can be - the iPhone is incidental; it could be anything.

Ryder being fool enough to pay ten grand for an $8.99 item reeks of this superfandom to mine nose. He's not a fan of wrestling dolls - he's a fan of collecting wrestling dolls. And hey, he couldn't be the best in his chosen field, so why not try and be the "best" at something which requires no skill?

1 hour ago, Dav'oh said:

I read recently that people who sleep on the pavement for five nights for the new iPhone/Pauly Shore movie/Aqua album aren't fans of iPhones/Paulie Shore/Aqua. They're fans of sleeping on the pavement for five nights, because that's what "superfans" do. They're actually fans of fandom itself, and into being the biggest fan they can be - the iPhone is incidental; it could be anything.

Ryder being fool enough to pay ten grand for an $8.99 item reeks of this superfandom to mine nose. He's not a fan of wrestling dolls - he's a fan of collecting wrestling dolls. 

That's pretty well put.

I mean, 10 fucking grand ? That's obscene. Capitalism fetish lunacy.