Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/25 - 01/31 What's the pro wrestling equivalent of Mahomes vs Brady?

KawadaSmile

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

I'm never willing to count Charlotte out of anything. She can be the first two-time Women's Royal Rumble winner.

Wrestlemania is on NBC for two nights this year. You have to expect WWE emphasising the old reliables and a couple of big celebrity tie ins. 

Personally expecting #30 to be Bray Wyatt in like a final boss role. #1 and #2 in the Women's Rumble to be Bianca and Bayley to further their storyline and so Bayley can carry most of the Rumble match. And that Alexa Bliss will enter three times utilising her recent alter egos. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, rovert said:

Wrestlemania is on NBC for two nights this year. You have to expect WWE emphasising the old reliables and a couple of big celebrity tie ins. 

Personally expecting #30 to be Bray Wyatt in like a final boss role. #1 and #2 in the Women's Rumble to be Bianca and Bayley to further their storyline and so Bayley can carry most of the Rumble match. And that Alexa Bliss will enter three times utilising her recent alter egos. 

When you say it's on NBC, do you mean the channel or Peacock?

On 1/26/2021 at 7:37 PM, SirEdger said:

I'm prepared for my Twitter to implode on Sunday night again.

Hmm. The wording of that tweet can be interpreted a few ways.

Could be whoever is planned for #30 gets ambushed by someone not 'intended' for the match. The new #30 wins the Rumble. I can see them squeezing a Goldberg win in that way if he loses to McIntyre earlier that night. He then goes after Reigns in what would have been last year's main event.

Or. . .

#30 wins before entering the match. #28 and #29 eliminate each other at the same time. #30 simply climbs into the empty ring and becomes the 2021 Rumble winner.

Both theories leave room for The Fiend to win. But I could also see it as a way for Reigns to get the victory and declare that as the winner, no one is on his level and he'll have no competition at WM. He has enough enemies to easily do a #1 contenders' match at Elimination Chamber, if they want to do that, either way.

They could go fully bonkers and have Alexa win the men's match as Fiend's proxy. Which, ooh boy.

Goldberg or Reigns winning would upset some. A Fiend return and win would set off a lot of people. But Alexa winning on behalf of The Fiend would burn Twitter like an inferno match.

For all we know, people might be bad tripping over something that hasn't gone as far as being "heavily considered". Knowing how Vince changes his mind consistently, it might be much ado about nothing.

However, I'll say that I heard a lot of people echoing the theory about Alexa and the Men's Rumble. And as much as I love the character, even I can see that this is a bad idea to have her win the Men's Rumble for The Fiend.

When Carmella became the first Sasha feud, I was told that it's a good stopgap one and done feud for her before she moves to bigger things. 

Well we are at the Rumble now and for some reason she is still having to carry Carmella despite winning clean the first time? Why? How about pushing someone else

While it's a huge get for NXT UK, I was always under the assumption that Meiko Satomura would be inserted into the Xia Li/Boa storyline that we've seen build for the past couple of weeks and it doesn't seem it'll be the case, which is a shame because I'm afraid that whoever they have slotted there in lieu of potentially Meiko will probably not live up to the hype. But I would also assume that eventually, we'll get Meiko vs Sasha before it's all said and done for Meiko as an in-ring performer.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:55 AM, C.S. said:

Since when do we take WrestleVotes seriously?

They're generally full of shit, and anything they've gotten "right" has likely been sticking enough shit against a wall that something eventually has to land.

That's so off base. They are like 98% right on things. 

6 hours ago, SirEdger said:

While it's a huge get for NXT UK, I was always under the assumption that Meiko Satomura would be inserted into the Xia Li/Boa storyline that we've seen build for the past couple of weeks and it doesn't seem it'll be the case, which is a shame because I'm afraid that whoever they have slotted there in lieu of potentially Meiko will probably not live up to the hype. But I would also assume that eventually, we'll get Meiko vs Sasha before it's all said and done for Meiko as an in-ring performer.

Nah, Meiko was always pegged for NXT UK. She made a lot of friends in Wrestling over there from her tours in the UK over the last 5 years. Has been her second home largely. 

The person/woman on the throne in the Xia Li/Boa storyline is most likely Karen Q mainly of Mae Young Classic fame. Fits her build and Karen has been silent social media since the storyline started. 

Well...

As far as Meiko, she's 41, NXT UK is the brand that doesn't matter one bit (apart for killing the UK scene) and where apparently people called out in #SpeakingOut accusations haven't been dealt with at all. I fail to see how this is gonna ever end up in the main roster, although I guess she could show up at the Rumble. As far as Vince *getting* Meiko Satomura, yeah sure...

Well, that could also explain why Keith Lee has been MIA in the past few weeks (even though they don't live together but still...)

22 hours ago, C.S. said:

What?! They're known for being highly unreliable. 

A quick search brings this up, but I'm sure there are more recent examples.

So, basically, you're telling us that the people freaking out and imagining the most goddamn awful things about the Rumble matches tomorrow because of that tweet should take a chill pill?

Elementary, dear Watson.

3 hours ago, SirEdger said:

So, basically, you're telling us that the people freaking out and imagining the most goddamn awful things about the Rumble matches tomorrow because of that tweet should take a chill pill?

Elementary, dear Watson.

Well, I wouldn't put it past WWE to book some truly horrific shit, but I also wouldn't use a tweet from a known bullshit "source" as the reason to panic about it.

Besides, nothing WWE actually does would be worse than Joey Ryan debuting in the Royal Rumble (Vince: "He's like a modern Rick Rude, damn it!") with stable members Velveteen Dream, Austin Theory, and Riddle (Vince: "We'll call them The Pestz. That's such good shit, pal!") and winning. 

On 1/27/2021 at 2:42 AM, Coffey said:

Maybe Edge wins & we get Edge Vs. Randy Orton at Wrestlemania again! Yeah, buddy. 

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

By the way, #1 and #2 on the Royal Rumble are Orton and Edge. Can't wait for the double elimination spot!

:lol: You can't make this shit up! What's next, they bringing back Alberto Del Rio again!?