Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/08 - 03/14 Giannis really went 16/16

KawadaSmile

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

That new backstage interview guy is like an alternate timeline Finn Balor who became an announcer bot instead of a wrestler.

Speaking of which, did they provide a reason as to why Charly isn't doing RAW and RAW Talk anymore? Is she focusing on ESPN going forward?

The saga continues.

Not gonna lie, this had me dying. If only watching WWE were half as entertaining as listening to Soulja Boy describe it.

In other news, John Laurinaitis is back as head of talent relations. Because of all the problems WWE faces, not enough bodybuilders and bikini models in developmental is right at the top.

39 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Not gonna lie, this had me dying. If only watching WWE were half as entertaining as listening to Soulja Boy describe it.

That's one hell of a promo he cut there. Also, he did not mention Triple H.:lol:

39 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

In other news, John Laurinaitis is back as head of talent relations. Because of all the problems WWE faces, not enough bodybuilders and bikini models in developmental is right at the top.

Seriously now. Mr. Kennedy comeback for next year's Mania season ?

2 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Creating new NXT women's tag champs and having them lose in their first defense is a choice. I guess it makes sense if they are doing Raquel/IO at Takeover or Dakota is finally going up to Raw or Smackdown.

Especially to have them lose to Shotzi and Ember....why not have them win the Dusty Cup and make them the first champs directly? Plus you half-babyfaced Dakota and Raquel by having them be the ones who got screwed when they did that bootleg "Network reps meddle with ECW" angle with Adam Pearce. 

So I went into the comments (I know, I know, it was for science) of a story on a newz site speculating on who Lashley's Mania opponent would be, and aside from the obvious racists it was interesting to see what 20+ years of WWE audience programming has done. A lot of folks were saying Bobby isn't a good wrestler because he wins matches by submission instead of pinfall. It was interesting to see so many people who see submission based wrestling as inferior for whatever reason. 

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

A lot of folks were saying Bobby isn't a good wrestler because he wins matches by submission instead of pinfall. It was interesting to see so many people who see submission based wrestling as inferior for whatever reason. 

I've never heard such a bizarre rationale in my life.

So, Bret Hart and Ric Flair weren't good wrestlers? etc. etc. etc.

7 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I knew a wrestling fan who once thought that the clothesline/lariat was a boring move and a stupid finisher (that wrestling fan may have been me).

To be fair, this is true for anyone not Stan Hansen or JBL who were able to make a lariat look devestating.

I used to think Nikita killing jobbers with the Russian Sickle was the greatest thing ever when I was a kid, watching it now is less impressive.

There's also still some MMA fans who think winning by submission is lame, so I guess that logic existing with rasslin fans isn't crazy

Lashley's other big moves are the jackhammer and spear, so......

I have minimal interest in Mania right now.  Haven't been watching any WWE, didn't even bother with the Rumble.  I'll probably sign up for peacock (they're offering an intro 4 months of the + tier for 9.99 total right now, seems worth it even if I barely use it) because I'm curious about the crowd mainly.  Nothing aside from the aesthetics of the show really gets me interested, and I can't think of any match or program over the next month that would get me there.  It's hard to get me to care about people I really like at this point.  As the card looks now I'd say Sasha and Bianca is the only thing I feel like going out of my way to see.  Asuka and Charlotte should be great but I feel like I've seen it a hundred times already

Back in 1994, when I was becoming a teenager & started thinking that the bad guys were cool, I thought Mr. Bob Backlund was great almost solely for the fact that he started doing the Crossface Chickenwing & at that point, I had never seen it before. The whole angle rebuilding Backlund up as a loon, having him put it on non-wrestlers & not let go & then culminating in him regaining the WWF Championship by beating Bret Hart of all people was awesome to me.

I feel like I'm on the other side of the coin where I prefer when the finish is a Submission. I grew up watching the likes of The Iron Sheik, Sgt. Slaughter, Rick Martel, Greg Valentine, Ric Flair, Sting, Bret Hart, etc. 

Of course I loved moves like the DDT, or Savage's Elbow or Snuka's Splash but there was something about a Submission breaking people that I enjoyed. Then Taz came along in ECW & I started seeing people tapout. I was hooked.

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

I've never heard such a bizarre rationale in my life.

So, Bret Hart and Ric Flair weren't good wrestlers? etc. etc. etc.

3 hours ago, El-P said:

I wonder what the ratio is of Flair actually winning any important match with a submission though ! ;)

The point about submission is just completely dumb, but I would not be surprised to hear the same thing about guys not winning with their finishers.

Obviously with Bret usually being a face and Flair usually being a heel, Bret had way more submission wins over non-jobbers, including over Flair himself. But Flair did win 4 world titles by figure-four pinfall or pass-out: #4 over Dusty in St. Louis GAB '86, #9 over Savage on WWF TV in 1992, #10 over Windham at Beach Blast '93, and #14 over Hogan at SuperBrawl IX (via pinfall in a first blood match, after bleeding).

Without jogging my memory a lot more, the most high-profile Flair win by actual submission might be over Funk at Clash 9?

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

What I love about Soulja's rant is that he mentions the Hardyz and the Dudleyz, but not E&C. Wild!

That damned fool doesn't recognize Top 5 when he sees it, probably because he hasn't had a Top 5 hit himself since the Attitude Era.