Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/05 - 04/11 Eden Hazard has gone missing since 2018 what happened to him

KawadaSmile

I caught JBL's speech which was pretty much what you'd want it to be and expect it to be (albeit lacking enough stories). On the phone, I can rewind. On the PC, I can't. So I had a few minutes to pop back in and the Bella Twins reading off a screen and referencing "s-heroes" is brutal in comparison and I can't jump back to the previous one.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the Titus thing just....I dunno. It doesn't upset me because the guy does a great deal of work with the community and by all accounts is great person, and he deserves to be honored. It's just how much this smacks as a make good by WWE for using him as a meat shield so they can trot the Hulkster out in public, It guess I'm mad at how they can make everyone side eye someone getting honored for genuinely good works because they just MUST have a racist be the co host of their biggest show.

Well, bottom line: WWE management doesn't consider Hulk Hogan a racist, period. They consider it a "slip of the tongue" in "the heat of the moment."

So, for them, there's no hypocrisy in their minds whatsoever. Firmly ensconced in the rasslin' bubble, they can convince themselves they're having a Florida sports legend (Hogan) host WM in Tampa with a pillar of the local community (Titus). 

Cognitive dissonance...brother.

6 hours ago, C.S. said:

Well, bottom line: WWE management doesn't consider Hulk Hogan a racist, period. They consider it a "slip of the tongue" in "the heat of the moment."

So, for them, there's no hypocrisy in their minds whatsoever.

Or simpler than that : they don't care. They actively supported a white supremacist, racist pig chauvinist to the White House. Why should they care about what Hogan said ? The crowd should eviscerate Hogan live. Of course they won't because "Ohhh but my childhood memories yaddi yaddi yadda I was a Hulkamaniac blabla fucking blah". It's embarrassing. 

17 hours ago, El-P said:

Fuck me silly. The most I spend for a concert is 30 euros (which suits me because no one charging more interests me in the least).

I mean, that is, when we used to have concert... 

Again, its all relative, but just as points of comparison using football and baseball, the average ticket for a Super Bowl is $4000+ (biggest game of the year), while the average price to see a regular season game is still going to be over $50 (think a RAW taping). In major league baseball, which may be a better comparison because teams play so many games, a single ticket to a World Series game is still in that $1000-2000 range, while you can actually go see a regular season game for $40 (think a TV taping or house show).

Of course, there are far more nosebleed seats than great, lower level seats, so these baselines are a bit low if we're talking about great views and proximity to the ring. Also, one reason its cheaper to see the Indians or any other team play is because they're not going anywhere. If you miss seeing the Indians in April or May, you can see them in June, July, August, or September. This year, next year, 5 years from now. 

So, if one is to believe even a fraction of the hype that WrestleMania isn't just your average house show or TV episode and factor in that WrestleMania is the biggest show of the year and it happens only once a year (if not a once-in-a-decade or once-in-a-lifetime opportunity) there should be considerably more urgency from fans to want to attend even during a pandemic. 

6 hours ago, El-P said:

The crowd should eviscerate Hogan live. Of course they won't because "Ohhh but my childhood memories yaddi yaddi yadda I was a Hulkamaniac blabla fucking blah". It's embarrassing. 

Rasslin' fans are, by and large, uneducated and embarrassing. News at 11. 

It feels like the women's division has largely regressed to Divas-era booking over the past few months. Only one program on each show given meaningful time, women being catty and unable to get along, most matches lasting two minutes or less. And now Bayley is reduced to trying to book her own angle with Michael Cole.

It's more than not having anything to do at Mania, Bayley hasn't had a match at all since February. She said there's no injuries so they've had the person who was the star of the women's division on the bench for month since they apparently can only book so many women's programs at once. 

Well yeah that's an issue. All the allotted time has gone into the Sasha/Bianca build and Nia Jax, Shayna and Reginald, for some reason. (I think there must be a big return coming to take the tag titles. Bellas or Io and Kairi) That and their booking philosophy is so broken they have to remove you from TV to be saved from being pinned every other week. They're saving Bayley for a post-Mania feud with Bianca I reckon.

She could be doing the Ding Dong Hello skits to keep her on TV so it would be easier to heat her up for whatever feud is next, but I suppose that's why I'm not making the big bucks booking WWE and they're keeping one of their best stars on ice. 

7 hours ago, Ricky Jackson said:

I know. How we ever figured out how to go online, let alone construct a message board full of thoughtful discourse about such a low, brainless, form of entertainment is beyond me 

Again, I don't mean PWO. (Well, maybe you, because you're butthurt for no reason.)

Do me a favor:

Go to any wrestling site - heck, go to your favorite one - and look at the comments section for a few articles.

I rest my case!