Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/05 - 04/11 Eden Hazard has gone missing since 2018 what happened to him

KawadaSmile

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

He got himself a huge contract with Real Madrid and completely let himself go. A worker through and through.

Spoiler

EcorKWDWsAAs_MW.jpg

1 hour ago, MoS said:

what utter shit is this 

They did this garbage last week as well with the Strowman choo-choo during his shoulder block.

44 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

"Asuka and Rhea are tag team partners who hate each other?"

Come on, that is never done, this is such a fresh angle. Also, NINE STRAIGHT NIGHTS  of WWE events. Not overkill at all. I don't see how even the most hardcore fans would not get burned out.

Looking at the line ups, it's "interesting" that not one year after the SpeakingOut movement, both Matt Riddle and Jordan Devlin are being featured during the big Mania week events. I guess cancel culture really isn't a thing after all...

From someone who doesn't follow the product apart from afar and the occasional video clip, the matches I'd be interested in on paper would be Karrion Kross vs Finn Balor (for no other reason that I enjoyed Kross in LU and IMPACT, so I guess his coronation could be fun to watch for me), Banks vs BeLair (wait, weren't they also tag partner who hated each others ?), ASUKA vs Ripley, Fiend vs Orton (because it has the potential to be so godawful it's good) and Reigns vs Edge vs Bryan. So maybe if I'm bored (and brave) enough, I may watch some of it live if I find me some Russian stream like I did for the Rumble...

But I mean, the only show I'm looking forward to this week is Bloodsport 6, really.

I DVR and fast forward through the stuff that doesn't interest me each week (which is most of the show) and dont watch the PPVs so I had no idea Retribution was disbanded. Was there a PPV match that was the blow off or something? It just seems weird since during the summer it seemed like they were being built as this huge thing.

I mean they did kneecap the WWE Title match for no good reason other than guaranteeing Drew wouldn't get booed, so it serves them right.

I still have some matches I'm looking for, but it is a very good thing that they have split WM into two nights. Can you imagine it being one single event? It would be endless just like WM 32.

3 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I DVR and fast forward through the stuff that doesn't interest me each week (which is most of the show) and dont watch the PPVs so I had no idea Retribution was disbanded. Was there a PPV match that was the blow off or something? It just seems weird since during the summer it seemed like they were being built as this huge thing.

At the Fastlane PPV a few weeks ago, Mustafa Ali lost to Riddle in the pre-show, and they turned on him. That was it. Like most everything else in the WWE, it went out with a dud. I don't think any of them, other than Ali, have been appeared since.

Yesterday was the most nothing-happening Wrestlemania go home show I can ever recall.  I don't know if the whole Peacock thing is distracting them or what, but it seems like there was the bare minimum of effort put in to...practically everything other than making sure Drew gets cheered, 

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Honestly impressive. Guess ticket sales have been doing great.

If you had told me a year back that the first wrestling show to have fans back in more than a year would be Wrestlemania this year, that UFC would shortly also bring back the fans for their live events at roughly the same time, and that the first two UFC shows would sell out immediately in 2 minutes while the two-night WM event wouldn't in two weeks, I would have genuinely called you deluded

And looking at the website, its not like tickets are super expensive. There are 2-day combo tickets that don't seem to be in the nosebleeds for $320. That's $160/night. Its more than I would pay, but then again, I've already attended a WrestleMania, don't live anywhere near Florida, and can barely muster the energy to watch WrestleMania from the comfort of my couch or on a treadmill over the course of a full week. 

I know its all relative - what might seem super expensive to one person wouldn't be so bad for others - but in years past, there seems to have been no issue getting thousands of fans to spend thousands of dollars in tickets, lodging, food, merch, and travel. With limited capacity and plenty of people craving live entertainment, they really shouldn't have had so much trouble selling out the venue even if it was mostly Floridians who live within 3-4 hours of travel. I know I traveled to Detroit for WM23 and didn't even get a hotel (a little under 3 hour trip from Cleveland). 

13 minutes ago, DMJ said:

There are 2-day combo tickets that don't seem to be in the nosebleeds for $320. That's $160/night. 

Fuck me silly. The most I spend for a concert is 30 euros (which suits me because no one charging more interests me in the least).

I mean, that is, when we used to have concert...