Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 37

MoS

Drew vs Lashely

• Nice reaction for Drew. He looks like a FUCKING MACHINE
  • Okay-ish reaction for Lasho, honestly not having the Hurt Business with him... did hurt.
  • The crowd is just happy to be there, man. Duelling chants right at the beginning.
  • Drew busting out an armbar was good and made sense considering Lashley's offense.
  • Once they started throwing bombs, things got better.
  • Drew's flying! First major moment of the night.
  • Clean, clean finish. Crowd loved it. I loved it. 

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rollins vs Cesaro

• Love it when heated feuds lead to heated starts!
  • When Rollins is being a fast-paced heel and yet doesn't really try to overshadow his opponent's athleticism, you know something good is going to come out of it. Shame it doesn't happen often.
  • Cesaro's got the crowd behind him. It seems this time they are resolute on giving him *something*
  • SILVER KING SPLASH
  • Damn, that Neutralizer near-fall was THE BOMB
  • Every single moment after this kicks incredible amounts of ass. 

3 minutes ago, Cien Caras said:

Watching these guys trying to cut impromptu promos made one wish Lance Russell was there to guide these lost geeks through their first interview.

There was an episode of USWA tv in 1991 where as a result of a snowstorm where they had to bring in some outlaw nobodies to fill time on the Saturday morning tv. In the midst of a terrible tag match against each other, Lawler came out and trashed them all and shut that shit down. I think they were brought back the next year as Moondog squash fooder. The women’s tag match was significantly worse, perhaps Fifi the female Moondog can get a steel chair ready for them.

When I was younger (late 80s) I would be fascinated by the crazy otherworldly characters on wrasslin tv and dirty redneck bloodbaths with wild monsters in the Apter and Napolitano mags. Rollins and Cesaro are the opposite of everything I ever loved about pro wrestling and watching these  characterless nerds do the workrate was enough for me to give up and watch some 1991 EMLL big-time yet grimy but transcendental Perro Aguayo trios brawls that put this shameful shit in its place.

I came back some way through Bunny doing his sequences. The only celebrity non-athlete that got it right was Kaufman as a cowardly prick, now they are doing flip piledrivers on the floor and fans react like they’re watching their kid in a school play “didn’t he do well”.

The main event sums up the gratitude era, if you didn’t know they are so happy to be here, so happy to have their moment, I can’t believe this is happening to me, thank you for appreciating us. The marks are now in the ring, get the fuck outta here with this awful mawkish shit.

Before you say it, yes I am not as good a wrestling fan as you are.

Hi, Brian ;)

I get it man.  I'm a horrible rasslin fan by all accounts.  Give me Terry Funk, Abby and Sabu (NOT THE SHIEK, but he's ok too).......crowds throwing piss filled bottles........

But I'm not gonna lie and be a stick in the F'n mud either.  I like flips.  I like dives.  Has it ruined wrestling?  Sure.  Who cares?  Adapt or die.  Learn from your great elder Terry Funk, the man who first sparked this wisdom for me when he was middle aged and cray

The Terry Hogan v. Terry Funk thing, is that a thing?  But anyway, it was painful to see Hogan begging for a pop, with his fugazi belt with the nWo spraypaint......modern WWE is Vince's senile fever dream at this point

I mean.....is everyone in on the joke but Hogan and Vince at this point?  It's kind of sad how Vince can't quit him, and how he can't quit Vince

Could 'The Huckster' ever just plz go the fuck away at some point?  If being outed on tape as a legit racist who just.....wow......it was casual as shit the way he talked and threw the n word around about who his daughter was hanging and banging with brother.........until Vince is dead he's gonna keep bringing him back to diminishing returns and backlash

but hey, Saudi Arabia, right? 

*spit*leg

AJ and BIG DRIP OMOS vs New Day

• Big E intro! Let's goooooooooo
  • Omos' drip is unparalleled. He just looks amazing AND stylish.
  • AJ took a massive asskicking here. New Day just going to town on him with slams, kicks, combinations and the like.
  • The hot tag being so anticipated by the crowd is dope. People love OMOS.
  • Shit, he can RUN? Braun truly ain't nothing special anymore.
  • Brackbreaker + Face Claw, he's awesome.
  • PHENOMENAL FOREARM FROM OMOS' SHOULDERS, FUCK YES
  • Stomp on the chest, Omos. The people love you!
  • Probably one of the most incredible in-ring debuts ever

Braun vs Shane 

• The stupidest feud ever, ironically.
  • Braun looks like one of those nazi super soldiers you see on those Indiana Jones movies, but with a stereotypical 80s biker beard.
  • Oh shit Lawler is on commentary, that sucks.
  • Ryker blind-siding Braun. The MAGA Powers explode!
  • Braun out here tanking a steel chair to the head. Couldn't be worse than that punch Brock gave him.
  • Shane kicking Braun into submission. Omos would never allow that.
  • Damn that toolbox shot must not have been nice.
  • Braun tearing the cage apart is insane and is exactly the type of stuff that got him over on the first place.

9 minutes ago, cm funk said:

I mean.....is everyone in on the joke but Hogan and Vince at this point?  It's kind of sad how Vince can't quit him, and how he can't quit Vince

Could 'The Huckster' ever just plz go the fuck away at some point?  If being outed on tape as a legit racist who just.....wow......it was casual as shit the way he talked and threw the n word around about who his daughter was hanging and banging with brother.........until Vince is dead he's gonna keep bringing him back to diminishing returns and backlash

but hey, Saudi Arabia, right? 

*spit*leg

Honestly I think Vince keeps using Hogan out of his contrarian fuck the audience mind set as well as he's actually trolling Hulk. He's been more than happy to quit and shit on and try to humble Hulk multiple, multiple times in the past. Every time Hulk comes back to do stuff, he's paired up with black talent or otherwise made to look like a parody of himself. So every time he looks like a goof or there's obvious tension. Like for instance at the HOF where he still is completely out of place with Hall/Nash/Kid and he's cutting a promo about being the hottest thing in the biz  and one more run...and they're just trying not to laugh at him the whole time. 

I'm really convinced it's some petty bullshit Vince is playing with both Hulk and the audience.

17 minutes ago, Cien Caras said:

I’m a proud stick in the mud and there’s never been a better time to be that way. I stopped watching regularly in 1997 but I didn’t stop loving wrestling, now while the tapes may gather dust but I watch maybe a couple of hours a week on YouTube if my kids let me, there is more than enough wrasslin to last me a lifetime (my YouTube algorithm is a mix of 80s and 90s lucha brawls, territory tv, WCW worldwide and Paw Patrol).

Big fan of the pod.  Say hello to the kids

I don't watch much but my youtube would def be full of random old lucha, old WCW.......whatever odd BJPW garbage matches I can find......Puerto Rican sillyness where that truck never would have made it the stadium because the wires had been cut and this rookie wouldn't have had the balls in the first place.........

Bad Bunny & Damien Priest vs MizMo 

• Probably one of the best built feuds in a while, which is kinda insane.
  • Love MizMo having the intent of making terrible music and the end product turning out to be weirdly enjoyable.
  • Priest's entrance kicks ass and his weird goth clubber outfit rocks.
  • BIG DIESEL POWER! Bunny is just a star, bubbas. One of the biggest stars in the world, but hey let's use Saliva or Limp Bizkit instead.
  • Bad Bunny should teach people how to throw convincing punches. Specially Shane.
  • Dude out there doing perfect armdrags and playing to the crowd. I love it.
  • He's a surprisingly sympathetic face, too. 
  • If anyone says Miz sucks after making Bad Bunny, who never wrestler a match in his life and weighs like 150 pounds look legit, they are objectively wrong. 
  • Stereo Falcon Arrows! I'm shocked.
  • CANADIAN DESTROYER! DOOMSDAY CROSSBODY!

The entire commentary team marking the fuck out after the match just made it even better. One of the most fascinating matches I've seen. Love it.

Sasha Bank vs Bianca Belair

BIG FIGHT FEEL

• Is there a bigger Sasha Banks fan than Michael Cole? He worships the ground she walks over, and honestly it's very relatable.
  • Sasha's gear is..... special. Respectfully.
  • Very emotional stuff, to be honest. The crowd is losing their minds over a staredown. It's a shame this didn't have a better build.
  • Military Press while walking the steps is freaky, freaky shit. It's so easy to root for Bianca.
  • Everything in this match looks vicious. It's expected at this point when we are talking about Sasha, to be honest.
  • Belair's braid is a wonderful element to those matches. They can work around it in very innovative ways and I am positive she just loves whipping people with it.
  • Case in point: that Bank Statement.
  • PEOPLE LOSING THEIR SHIT OVER BIANCA WINNING LIFE IS GOOOOOOD BROTHERS!!!!!! BIANCA'S PARENTS!!!

52 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Honestly I think Vince keeps using Hogan out of his contrarian fuck the audience mind set as well as he's actually trolling Hulk. He's been more than happy to quit and shit on and try to humble Hulk multiple, multiple times in the past. Every time Hulk comes back to do stuff, he's paired up with black talent or otherwise made to look like a parody of himself. So every time he looks like a goof or there's obvious tension. Like for instance at the HOF where he still is completely out of place with Hall/Nash/Kid and he's cutting a promo about being the hottest thing in the biz  and one more run...and they're just trying not to laugh at him the whole time. 

I'm really convinced it's some petty bullshit Vince is playing with both Hulk and the audience.

This is spot on.  Worked themselves into a shoot, brother

11 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I'll give WWE one thing, my 9 year old son is watching the pre show and when they showed highlights from night 1 he lost his shit for Braun ripping the cage apart. 

Goddamn you made me feel old, Sek. Fuckin' Dragonlair trolling Andrew with Tugboat to talking about kids.