Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 37

MoS

11 hours ago, MoS said:

Sasha is being supremely unselfish here. Bianca has looked like a billion bucks here 

Sasha is a Wrestlers Wrestler at the end of day. She's a student of the Game. She follows Rob Naylors Instagram, I see her liking his classic wrestling posts. 

She's a big fan of Bret Hart too so she knows if you're going to lose, lose making your opponent looking like a million bucks as well as yourself.

I think Sasha finally got what she felt like she deserved. She got a long enough title run, which she should have gotta a while ago. She got to have a program with someone lower lower on the card regardless of whether the angle was good or not leading up to Mania. On top of all that, she got to Main Event WrestleMania with another Black wrestler. What more could you ask for? 

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sasha has been the best talent in WWE outside of a few stretches where Bryan/AJ/Ali took over since late 2014. She should have already been on her second or third WM main event. Great to see her get her spot and do it with a star making performance. Everyone's best matches are with Sasha, especially in a big match setting. I hope they do a rematch at Summerslam because they have a unique chemistry and can do some stuff together I don't think they can do with anyone else and I'd like to see more of it.

The feeling I had when watching that clip of Sasha smilling is the feeling of someone who felt the satisfaction of getting the job done and also looking back and enjoying seeing someone getting that moment when she won her first title with the promotion. I'm pretty sure that Sasha takes more pride in being part of this moment for Bianca last night than the length of that reign.

I wonder if it's us getting older or if it's the change in wrestling in general but at some point it went from "I want to see the face beat the heel" to "I want to see the company push the wrestler I like" to "I hope they can pull off the performance successfully."

People got smarter and accepted pro-wrestling as some kind of "performance art" and put more and more value in the performance itself as they showed more appreciation for the work of the pro-wrestlers (which goes along caring more for them as human beings), while at the same time wanting to keep the "innocence" of playing along. Mike Oles was a prophet.

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

What was the overall perception?

Who cares about overall, I'm telling you what times it is. Lashley vs Drew was very good. Rollins vs Cesaro was great. Sasha vs Bianca was excellent, with Sasha having a career performance. If you enjoy the idea of Bad Bunny playing Ricky Morton to Miz' Arn Anderson (yeah, I know), you'll probably love this match too. Overall (damn), a fun Mania night.

46 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

You sold me this match more than anything I've seen thus far.

It's actually genuinely a holy shit match. The whole time I was like "wait, what? ain't no fucking way... how!?" It was awesome.

Also: Samoa Joe Poncho

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

What up bubbas? Didn't get to watch night 1, will do it later today.

Gonna be here for night 2.

What was the overall perception?

I would call it a great episode of Raw, enhanced extraordinarily by an incredible main event. I am sure it won't be talked as such amongst the usual tastemakers in wrestling, but I would put it up there with one of the greatest WM matches of all time, and it might very well be the greatest main event of all-time. 

The rest was good, Bad Bunny did a Canadian Destroyer which would be a holy shit moment if everyone's grandmothers were not doing destroyers at every backyard event 

I'm cracking up at all the people on Wrestling Twitter who post concerned tweets about it storming in Tampa at 2 or 3 pm EST. Like, bro you're in Florida. That's what it does there. Every time I've been there it rains harder than you've ever seen in your life for like 20 to 30 minutes, then thanks to the heat and humidity it all dries away like nothing ever happened within 10 minutes. This happens almost every day in Florida.

Lol yeah we used to go to Sarasota for a week every summer and there'd be a torrential downpour every 20-30 minutes for a few minutes and then be bright and sunny and dry minutes later. In the Mid West, what I saw most of the day on Twitter and at the show would be "better hurry up and finish mowing" weather.

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I'm cracking up at all the people on Wrestling Twitter who post concerned tweets about it storming in Tampa at 2 or 3 pm EST. Like, bro you're in Florida. That's what it does there. Every time I've been there it rains harder than you've ever seen in your life for like 20 to 30 minutes, then thanks to the heat and humidity it all dries away like nothing ever happened within 10 minutes. This happens almost every day in Florida.

This.

I've never actually visited the great FLA myself, because fuck that shit......but c'mon.......this is SOP for FLA.  It's why they stuck the Rays in a dome near an airport

So, started watching night one. Let's go. This is gonna be a long ass post. be divided into many sections, way more practical.

First off, so nice to see a live crowd again. In theory, we don't usually have those huge live crowds in Brazil, but then again we are behaving very selfishly, our president is dumb and our vaccination plan sucks. To see that somehow, somewhere, things are getting better, is good. I feel a bit sad, but happy for y'all that are getting vaccines.

Opening:

• Vince looks like an older Walter Mercado, but his WRESTLEMANIA still rocks.
  • Bebe Rexha, respectfully.
  • MVP is just a miracle worker, man. Would be able to sell you just basically anything. As for Drew's promo, I thought it was pretty damn good. If we transcribe it, it's not gonna sound great, but his energy and emotion was unparalleled. On the other hand, Braun is one of those dudes who just cannot do well without good direction.
  • God bless Titus. Just an incredible human being overall. He could've been there by himself and he would've gotten people fired up. Hogan was rightfully getting sandbagged. I do think people could steal his weird verbiage though.