Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/07 - 06/13 Boxing is just pro wrestling now

KawadaSmile

Floyd Mayweather at age 44 getting 100 mil and making us hyped as shit with hopes that he would knock Logan Paul's ass off only to it be a sparring session, ultimately leading to Logan saying "hey I went the distance" and his wax figure brother saying "50-1" IS as pro wrestling as you can get.

YouTubers are the real bookers, bubbas.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Piper. Beween her appearance and her accent, I'm not sure there's anyone in WWE less suited for the main roster. If she does get the call, the only roles for her will be silent heel enforcer and comedy babyface doing romance angles (since the idea of a man being attracted to a heavyset woman is inherently hilarious to Vince).

Vince is gonna make her into British Bertha Faye and it makes me sad to think about it. 

Also I noticed the last few weeks that watching four hours of wrestling on Fridays (Smackdown and Dynamite) is a far easier task than watching three hours of Raw. I don't blame the folks who think different people are running Raw and Smackdown, they really do feel like separate promotions at times. If it wasn't for the frequent rematches Smackdown wouldn't seem like WWE at all. 

So they added stips to Lashley/Drew where they either take the belt off a guy who's been amazing for months and deserves to stay champ, or beat the guy who was carrying the show all last year and make him look like a chump.

It's gonna be hilarious when they have live fans booing this stupid shit like Lily.  We should start  a pool to see how fast the company goes from "we missed our fans" to "you idiots can't apricate great art like Lily the possessed doll!". 

You guys will be in for a major disapointment when Vince & Bruce will double down on it when the crowds return.

Worst case scenario, they'll turn her heel and that's it. Worst case scenario for haters, they fast forward until the next segment. Problem solved.

In Quebec, we have a saying that goes like this (maybe @El-P is familiar with it): "Parlez-en en bien, parlez-en en mal mais parlez-en" - which roughly means that if you're talking about it, they got what they wanted out of it.

Historically, Vince rids away angles that no one ever bothers to show their discontent about. So as long as people express their feelings about it, it's gonna stay. It might evolve, depending on crowd reactions but I don't see this character disappearing any time soon.

4 hours ago, SirEdger said:

You think this has anything to do with Daniel Bryan not renewing his contract? Could it be an indication that Bryan could show up somewhere else?

The Bellas say it's because their babies are getting older and they don't want to raise their kids on camera when the kids have no say in the matter. Commendable. 

NXT was good again this week. Poppy's another one from outside the business that gets it. Her segment with Dexter was great (plus we got a dual Hunter/Regal camera mugging moment which was also great), and having her be the one bringing Io back was done well too. 

8 hours ago, SirEdger said:

In Quebec, we have a saying that goes like this (maybe @El-P is familiar with it): "Parlez-en en bien, parlez-en en mal mais parlez-en" - which roughly means that if you're talking about it, they got what they wanted out of it.

We have basically the same saying in Portuguese. I mean to a certain extent it makes sense, specially when we think about "influencers" who are often doing dumb shit and getting more and more exposure for it, but I'm not sure if it is working in this case. People are actively being turned off by Bray Wyatt's ideas.

Also not sure how having Kross being ethered by dudes half his size on the mic helps his case. Dude already looks wack as fuck with his fits, and now he's being set ablaze by Kyle O'Reilly? Come on.

25 minutes ago, sek69 said:

NXT was good again this week. Poppy's another one from outside the business that gets it. Her segment with Dexter was great (plus we got a dual Hunter/Regal camera mugging moment which was also great), and having her be the one bringing Io back was done well too. 

I'm an absolute sucker for this Dexter/Indi storyline. Everyone is playing their part so well in this. Indi is a gem to see evolve.

Also pretty psyched to see a return of the Million Dollar Championship but am I the only one sensing a swerve that Ted Dibiase will introduce a 3rd man in this Ladder Match and will actually win it?

15 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also not sure how having Kross being ethered by dudes half his size on the mic helps his case. Dude already looks wack as fuck with his fits, and now he's being set ablaze by Kyle O'Reilly? Come on.

You're right, but I popped for the "You gonna let a guy in a jean jacket talk to you like that?" from Gargano tho.

Kyle's gunning hard for Seth's title of "guy who thinks he dresses cool but looks like a dork" title.

Is this the first time Hunter has been as visibly frustrated as he was here? Usually he is either full-on smooth corporate mode or in a smug "take digs at everyone" mode. This time it felt like he was really rattled and extremely unsettled. Truly reminiscent of his father-in-law's most famous press conferences