Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/19 - 07/25 Big E vs Lashley book it now

KawadaSmile

I am willing to give it a chance and see where she is in a couple of months. She is extremely likeable and can make the gimmick work, but it's a gimmick that is designed to be ultimately squashed and fall flat on the ground after crashing hard on the ceiling. Hopefully I am wrong. 

This, otoh, is 10000% correct:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith Lee looked fat as hell. Karrion Kross is halfway there into his full transformation into Marc Mero. Bringing back Goldberg is not the answer. They're pushing Nikki Cross, after she was already over, with a dumb ass Hurricane gimmick. And the What chants are already back. Put a damper on my WWE mood after Money in the Bank yesterday has me thinking positive.

Nikkis super hero gimmick is such an improvement. She was originally just insane, she becomes best friends with Bliss and her insanity is tempered. Her best friend is now a magical evil doll so she becomes a Super Hero. I get a Faces of Foley feel and it makes sense in that insane continuity..

And she came up with it which I love. The dark side is probably "Hey, II'll be in a skintight suit to show the crowd the bod to get over." , and that's gonna pop creative and then McMahon as much as the silliness of it.

In Nikki's case, it might be a case of Vince basically rewarding Nikki for having the guts to come up with a totally out-of-the-box character, being committed to it and being confident enough in it to pitch it to Vince himself. For all that we know, Vince might see Nikki A.S.H. as something he didn't really do with babyface Bayley and reach out to kids and be really over with it

9 hours ago, MoS said:

Since when has fluke title reigns off fluke MitB wins helped elevate a wrestler? Are we just entirely forgetting the history of MitB? Don't get me wrong, I am happy for Nikki and I am glad she is being featured and having fun, but there is no reason she couldn't have done it without this gimmick. We can talk about Mighty Molly, but let's not forget that the shining spot of the 2000s for the women's division, when Trish, Molly Holly, Victoria, Lita, Gail Kim, Mickie James etc were there, involved Molly ditching that gimmick

Edge is the main example. The funny thing is that it wasn't even intended to elevate him, just get over the MITB cash-in concept. That's why he lost it right back to Cena. But he actually drew ratings as champion and became a made man. And like it or not, the Heist of the Century at WM31 played a big role in elevating Rollins. The main thing to keep in mind, though, is that they were both heels. It's not really possible to spin cashing in on a weakened opponent as a babyface move, which is why the MITB concept is so terrible. Not only does it devalue the titles, it creates a bias toward heel champions.

Cena working a full schedule in the 4 weeks leading up to Summerslam

- Friday, July 23: SmackDown – Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland

- Saturday, July 24: Supershow – PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh

- Sunday, July 25: Supershow – KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Ky.

- Monday, July 26: Raw – T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, Mo.

- Friday, July 30: SmackDown – Target Center in Minneapolis

- Saturday, July 31: Supershow – Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee

- Sunday, August 1: Supershow – Little Caesars Arena in Detroit

- Friday, August 6: SmackDown – Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla.

- Saturday, August 7: Supershow – Hertz Arena in Fort Myers, Fla.

- Monday, August 9: Raw – Amway Center in Orlando, Fla.

- Friday, August 13: SmackDown – BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla.

- Saturday, August 14: Supershow – Spectrum Center in Charlotte, N.C.

- Sunday, August 15: Supershow – Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, S.C.

- Friday, August 20: SmackDown – Footprint Center in Phoenix

- Saturday, August 21: SummerSlam – Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas

With all the changes his body has gone through since he left, I hope he can handle all those dates without a heavy injury. We all know Rocky can't even work 2 matches without pulling a muscle. Though it doesn't seem Cena is juicing like Rocky.

27 minutes ago, Strummer said:

PWI reporting that Daniel Bryan is not a part of any future wwe licensing or merchandising going into 2022

also he is not part of any future Mattel figure releases

What's Brie schedule looking like? I can see Bryan taking like 2 years off just to be with his kids and then just popping up again after watching a match that motivated him :lol:

34 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

What's Brie schedule looking like? I can see Bryan taking like 2 years off just to be with his kids and then just popping up again after watching a match that motivated him :lol:

They are no longer shooting Total Bellas, which I imagine has to be a major factor if Bryan has not re-signed with WWE. 

I don't give a shit about Kross but what message?!?! Vince owns NXT!! It's his property!!

6 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Edge is the main example. The funny thing is that it wasn't even intended to elevate him, just get over the MITB cash-in concept. That's why he lost it right back to Cena. But he actually drew ratings as champion and became a made man. And like it or not, the Heist of the Century at WM31 played a big role in elevating Rollins. The main thing to keep in mind, though, is that they were both heels. It's not really possible to spin cashing in on a weakened opponent as a babyface move, which is why the MITB concept is so terrible. Not only does it devalue the titles, it creates a bias toward heel champions.

Best way around that, do an old fashioned bounty angle.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

More like a message to his son-in-law. 

Triple H needs to stop fucking around. What was he thinking, giving KARRION KROSS an undefeated streak that lasted over a year? He's not Brock Lesnar. He should never be in that position in the first place.

...and everyone running the company probably is still confused as to why most of the NXT folks don't want to be called up.

Also anyone who's ever paid attention to Vince knew right away once NXT was used as the hammer to stop AEW and got its ass kicked that he would immediately lose all confidence in the brand any anyone on it. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

...and everyone running the company probably is still confused as to why most of the NXT folks don't want to be called up.

Here's the thing regarding Kross, tho: dudes my size were calling him a bitch to his face and he did nothing about it, and this was in NXT. He was never respected even as champ, which is just another sign of how HHH completely lost the plot and is a hack fraud.

Honestly, him losing is more interesting than Cole, Gargano and KOR taking turns calling him a Doug Walker-looking mofo

49 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Here's the thing regarding Kross, tho: dudes my size were calling him a bitch to his face and he did nothing about it, and this was in NXT. He was never respected even as champ, which is just another sign of how HHH completely lost the plot and is a hack fraud.

Honestly, him losing is more interesting than Cole, Gargano and KOR taking turns calling him a Doug Walker-looking mofo

This is all true to be certain, but seeing Vince treat the NXT champion like he was an 80s territory champ he just signed to job out to Tito Santana on Prime Time Wrestling was certainly something to behold. 

As others have noted, Kross isn't the story, it's jobbing out the NXT champ while he still has the belt

I'm sure Samoa Joe is itching to get back in the ring now

I'm sure USA network is thrilled, like they even care at this point

What did this accomplish?  Dave speculated it was just done to piss off the hardcore twitter crowd and get people buzzing, which hey, knock your socks off Vince!

10 minutes ago, cm funk said:

What did this accomplish?  Dave speculated it was just done to piss off the hardcore twitter crowd and get people buzzing, which hey, knock your socks off Vince!

Which is funny, because it's not like wrestling twitter has been going to the mat for NXT for a long while. The only fans he's possibly pissing off are all the "NXT RULZ, AEW DROOLZ" type stan accounts, which lolololol to trolling the most devoted fans you have left. 

It would be cool if Jeff Hardy shows up in NXT tonight, squashes Kross and wins the title cheaply, and then does a heel run where he acts like he's above the developmental territory.

I'm not even a Jeff Hardy fan, but he's a golden god compared to Kross.

There’s now a ton of evidence that points to NXT just not being what it should be and it mainly has to do with NXT burning out their goodwill due to who runs the brand. Say what you want about how NXT UK totally crushed the entire European landscape dry but at the very least they can build programs that have value to them.