Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/30 - 09/05 Paralympic Games rock

KawadaSmile

34 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Saying Hunter wouldn't be bigger than CM Punk is some real in-the-bubble thinking, IMO.

HHH isn't a bigger pro-wrestling star than CM Punk relating to the core audience of AEW. CM Punk's return has a very distinct symbolic significance to the pro-wrestling fans. HHH is never and has never been close to anything like Hulk, including at his peak, where he was nowhere close to the Rock or Austin. Him jumping as an almost retired/past 50 would be a mindfuck for sure, but there's no way it would have the same *actual* impact as CM Punk (not to mention the 1-2 punch with Danielson). Cena, even now (I mean, part time and past his prime), for sure, because he is legit mainstream, which HHH has never been (and of course a much bigger pro-wrestling star to begin with).

It's a moot point anyway, he isn't going anywhere.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, he sure won't go to AEW but I wonder how much more he can take and just pulls a Shane and goes off to wander in the woods or something.

The one thing that has remained consistent with Hunter are the stories of his ego and his crazy level of insecurity. I don't know how he puts up with his current gig which seems to not amount to more than being a punchline. 

On 8/31/2021 at 8:15 PM, El-P said:

These people are just douchebags. I'm surprised this idiot did not play the racist card to boot. Someone should point to this dumbfuck that Aja Kong worked stiff, watch her destroy Hotta's hand, that Awesome Kong worked stiff, watch her pulverize Gail Kim. Both were great workers. Nia Jaxx is a shitty and dangerous worker, always has been and really only became worse. She peaked at Eagle Sawaii's level (faint praise) and is sub-Crusher Maedomari's level now.

Most of these people/indie wrestlers only watched gifs/clips and not the full match. No mention of Nia Jax being booked in a 15 minute match when her conditioning isn't able for it and them being two heels being a recipe for disaster. Or Charlotte and Nia Jax having terrible chemistry in the past.

Is this the place to come for the NXT burial party?

I agree with the diagnosis but not necessarily the remedy. Who needs more Vince and Bruce booking in 2021?

The fate of NXT and Triple H in particular is very amusing to me. HHH was absolutely loathed online because of his politicking and egotism for years before NXT started, managed to ingratiate himself to those fans by booking their indie faves and setting himself up as the alternative to Vince and the future saviour of wrestling only to be destroyed by a smarky message board poster and be removed from power because Vince thinks he’s pushing too many vanilla midgets. The karmic justice is just too good.

People thought Triple H was this great booker when he never had to draw money, never had to draw ratings, got to sign a load of top quality wrestlers with existing fanbases and then move them on to the main roster once he had done all the big matches with them. He had every ridiculous advantage possible and ate shit the moment he was put to the test for real.

Just now, sek69 said:

I dunno, he sure won't go to AEW but I wonder how much more he can take and just pulls a Shane and goes off to wander in the woods or something.

The one thing that has remained consistent with Hunter are the stories of his ego and his crazy level of insecurity. I don't know how he puts up with his current gig which seems to not amount to more than being a punchline. 

Sure, but the big difference is he's married to the family. Big fucking difference. Unless the family sells the company entirely, I can't see him doing anything.

11 minutes ago, FMKK said:

People thought Triple H was this great booker when he never had to draw money, never had to draw ratings, got to sign a load of top quality wrestlers with existing fanbases and then move them on to the main roster once he had done all the big matches with them. He had every ridiculous advantage possible and ate shit the moment he was put to the test for real.

That's the best part. I have no idea why anyone bought into his shit when he was playing the benevolent purveyor of the true pro-wrestling spirit. It was not different at all from Stephy inventing women's wrestling, really. The talk that he would be the savior of the company when he would took over was always baffling to me considering his own history of burying talent and working overlong matches to feed his ego. Triple H has been great at one thing in his career : politicking. The road was straight to the top from endless years of push, marrying the boss daughter, having his protected pet promotion.... and then the guy who started the sleaze thread got hooked with a bunch of indie geeks working in Japan and made a "pissant company" and it was all spiraling down from there. And now Brother Love, who was doing impersonations on a podcast 5 years ago, is gonna "write" (aka say "Hell yeah Vince, that's good shit") NXT.

6 minutes ago, El-P said:

That's the best part. I have no idea why anyone bought into his shit when he was playing the benevolent purveyor of the true pro-wrestling spirit. It was not different at all from Stephy inventing women's wrestling, really. The talk that he would be the savior of the company when he would took over was always baffling to me considering his own history of burying talent and working overlong matches to feed his ego. Triple H has been great at one thing in his career : politicking. The road was straight to the top from endless years of push, marrying the boss daughter, having his protected pet promotion.... and then the guy who started the sleaze thread got hooked with a bunch of indie geeks working in Japan and made a "pissant company" and it was all spiraling down from there. And now Brother Love, who was doing impersonations on a podcast 5 years ago, is gonna "write" (aka say "Hell yeah Vince, that's good shit") NXT.

TK being the fucking sleaze thread guy is the cherry on top.

Khan should hire HHH just so Punk can get his win back, then send his ass to Impact.

NXT being revamped as modern day FCW is a good thing imo, at least in theory, if not in how they will execute it. Having a specific identity and a coherent purpose - get the wrestlers Vince would like trained in a style they would be booked in - is much better than an image-laundering exercise for HHH where he could use wrestlers with buzz and book super-shows. Being a cool alternative to main roster WWE doesn't work when there is an actual cool alternative to main roster WWE.

12 hours ago, MoS said:

NXT being revamped as modern day FCW is a good thing imo, at least in theory, if not in how they will execute it. Having a specific identity and a coherent purpose - get the wrestlers Vince would like trained in a style they would be booked in - is much better than an image-laundering exercise for HHH where he could use wrestlers with buzz and book super-shows. Being a cool alternative to main roster WWE doesn't work when there is an actual cool alternative to main roster WWE.

I agree with this in theory, but is it even possible if FCW is on national TV?  Allowing talent to develop their character and in-ring without giving your base audience the opportunity to formulate opinions on them before they're given an opportunity seemed like a vital part of the process, one that weekly cable TV defeats.

It may be more interesting than current NXT but at the end of the day, it all requires modern day Vince McMahon to actually commit to pushing someone and doing it well. I wouldn’t hold out hope for that.

In further HHH is buried new, apparently NXT Japan has officially been disbanded. Before it ever got off the ground.

10 minutes ago, cm funk said:

I also think the rumours of Paul's demise are being greatly exagerated.  Tis a temporary setback

For whatever it is worth. Wade Keller on his latest podcast said he talked to someone close to Triple H (historically that means Sean Waltman) and that person thought Triple H should cash out and leave.

2 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

That was my argument, but if he tries a vanity fed, that will be an even more epic failure. 

It probably would be, but Hunter seems the type to not just sit back and let himself get put in an office in the basement like Milton from Office Space.

While the smart move would be for him to just shut up and take it while continuing to cash those WWE checks, I could see his ego not letting him. 

Also kudos to Bruce for parlaying a podcast gig with Conrad where he just said a lot of bullshit and got mad about the sheets into getting back into WWE and having a hand running all three brands. He out Game-ed The Game completely. 

3 hours ago, rovert said:

For whatever it is worth. Wade Keller on his latest podcast said he talked to someone close to Triple H (historically that means Sean Waltman) and that person thought Triple H should cash out and leave.

I've wondered for a while why he doesn't do this.  If he doesn't believe he'll ever get the keys to the kingdom, why put up with working there?  Go home and enjoy your kids.

20 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

I've wondered for a while why he doesn't do this.  If he doesn't believe he'll ever get the keys to the kingdom, why put up with working there?  Go home and enjoy your kids.

I'd guess toxic macho "admitting defeat is weakness" bullshit probably. 

Somewhere Shane is sending him the George Clooney in a noose "first time?" meme. 

I am surprised Bruce Prichard is still there as I didn't think he would last this long. I can see after WWE's next big failure him being blamed and then fired.  In fact maybe Triple H is biding his time, and setting up Bruce to be the scapegoat next time they need one, and taking back control.