Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - Sept 29 2021

gordi

Die No Might seems pretty darned interesting this week:

Miro v Sammy G, which... anything less than full-on greatness would be kind of surprising.

Bungle Joy v A damn coal. Which... I think a boy vs a baybay is an unfair match-up but this should also be great.

Penelope Ford and The Bunny vs Tay Conti and Anna Jay. Which... two natural heels vs two very likable ladies.

Matt Sydal and Dante Martin vs Lee Johnson and Cody Rhodes. Which... Cody gonna start an actual heel turn here?

How much ring experience does Matt Sydal have?

Spoiler

he has been wrestling since before I was evan bourne.

What did CM Punk say when Adam Copeland asked him about his sexual orientation?

Spoiler

I'm straight, Edge.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, gordi said:

What did CM Punk say when Adam Copeland asked him about his sexual orientation?

Hide contents

I'm straight, Edge.

Thus got a genuinely loud laughter out of me, I had never heard this before, well done. 

I also think they have got to stage some kind of tribute to the late great Brodie Lee. This is his hometown, where he was supposed to debut before covid tore everything apart 

Tony Khan has tweeted that tonight will be a celebration of Brodie Lee, and I've got faith they'll do a really good job of it.

Matt Sydal teaming with Dante Martin is interesting, could be a good team. I know Darius Martin is injured, I assume the same is true of Mike Sydal? 

Be interesting to see how Jungle Boy copes with the unusual situation of being the more physically imposing guy in his match.

Penelope Ford and The Bunny vs Tay Conti and Anna Jay. Which... two natural heels vs two very likable ladies.

My god, horny Twitter is going to lose its mind. That's like the ultimate scattered ass match.

I still have no earthly idea how WWE let Tay Conti slip away. She's beautiful & look how good she has gotten this quickly. Just unbelievable that WWE didn't see anything there? Crazy. 

Jungle Boy Vs. Adam Cole seems like it should be a big deal but I feel they're cooling off Jungle Boy right now. 

Well it was only after Tay left WWE that she started getting good. It's less of "how did they let her slip away" than it is an indictment of how shit their training process is. 

I have a feeling they have something special planned for this show, since Brodie was obviously so important to everyone. Having this be the week Page returns to mend the Dark Order internal feud would be a pretty great moment. 

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

Well it was only after Tay left WWE that she started getting good. It's less of "how did they let her slip away" than it is an indictment of how shit their training process is. 

I actually didn't know this. That makes a lot more sense. Even still, they brought back Eva Marie & hired both Scarlett Bourdeaux & Pricilla Kelly so I still don't think they particularly care about how good a worker a female is or has the potential to be. But it's not like Tay didn't pass the eye test too, so it's a head-scratcher.

Yeah at the time she was released it didn't seem like a big loss, but once she started in AEW and *immediately* got better people were like "wow the PC is completely shit at this, isn't it?'"

Ironically, had she still been there she probably would have been a big star on NXT TWO  POINT OH.

10 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I have a feeling they have something special planned for this show, since Brodie was obviously so important to everyone. Having this be the week Page returns to mend the Dark Order internal feud would be a pretty great moment. 

Or maybe the FIEND returns to create more STRIFE 

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Bray is still under a non compete apparently so we all can rest easy for now. 

Unless he somehow got WWE to consider WrestleMania his final appearance.

I'm not a Bray fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing Windham Rotunda show up tonight for this supposed Brodie tribute, which the show has given no evidence of airing thus far. Edit: Not saying I doubt it's happening - I know it was announced - I'm just surprised it hasn't been mentioned on the show yet.

Just now, MoS said:

How was the Bryan-Elite segment?

Felt like WWE Lite to me with the "Kenny No Balls" shtick - something that would be crucified it were on Raw - but that's just me.

I like Bryan and Kenny though, but I could do without useless geeks like Gallows, Anderson, Cutler, and Nakazawa.

I know they're going for an nWo b-team vibe with those dorks, but it still sucks.

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I like Bryan and Kenny though, but I could do without useless geeks like Gallows, Anderson, Cutler, and Nakazawa.

I know they're going for an nWo b-team vibe with those dorks, but it still sucks.

Urgh, I guess Cole has a match so he cannot be doing this. 

This Arn promo was fantastic and is clearly setting up a Cody heel turn. Everyone loved Arn shitting on Cody