Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance

Autistic Dragon

The Monster remains on his path of destruction. Who's going to step up and try and stop him? 

You know we're in the 80's with a team called the Masked Yuppies. LOL

Starr breaks out one of my favorite finishers, the double armed DDT.

Hase and Borne go the limit and I'm sure there's much more to come with these two feuding factions. 

Nobody cuts a promo like Flair. Wow, almost a year as champ. That says a lot considering all the top contenders here. 

Foley helps Debeers get the win, but Brody reminds him who he's going to be dealing with. I can't wait for this match! 

Worldwide,

I really like the way your building Brad Anderson. With the Andersons guiding him, he's a future star in our world. 

Jaggers and Bart spoil their opponents debuts. 

SPC are in the Crockett Cup! 

Crockett Cup gets a lot of hype this week. It's going to be highly competitive this year. Not to mention, two Midnight Express teams are entered. Hopefully we get the match. I'm sure Cornette is already planning on some mic time LOL. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.31ea04be39e2f6583025516e2de50980.png

From Center Stage in Atlanta Ga.

Previously recorded airing on 4/1/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Gordon Solie.

Ring announcer/Interviews: Sean Moony.

Match #1

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride vs "Rotten" Ron Starr

An back and forth clash of styles to open the show. Pride lands the Flying bodypress but Starr roles through and grabs a handful of tights to steal the win.

Match #2

"The British Magician" Steve Wright defeats "Wild Man" Willy Starks with the "Octopus hold"

Before her teams match, Jimmy Garvin joins Moony to announce that he has decided that the coming show in Norfolk will be the city where he removes the embarrassment on the Garvin family name that is Ron once and for all!

Match #3

Radiance (Jimmy Del Ray & Chic Donavon) defeat Rocky Rickaby & Calvin "Freckle" McMurray with a double flapjack on Rickaby.

Match #4

Tom "MegaMan" McGee vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot

McGee requested his rematch after Lightfoot's behavior two weeks ago. Thankfully this time referee Theodore Long gets the "War Club" away from Lightfoot before McGee gets in the ring. Lightfoot argues with Long allowing McGee to rush him. MegaMan pinballs the self-appointed Chief around the ring but eventually a shot to the leg turns the tide. Lightfoot wraps the injured leg in the ropes and is brutally stomping on it. Long tries to get Lightfoot to get McGee out of the ropes causing Lightfoot to shove Long away causing a disqualification. Lightfoot isn't done yet as he throws McGee to the floor where he delivers a shinbreaker on the steps. He then places the injured leg between the steps and the post and kicks the steps. McGee is howling in agony as security finally arrives and drags Lightfoot away so McGee can be put on the stretcher.

Match #5

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard defeats Mordecai Heller with a Super Kick.

(As Prichard is heading to the back, Jr Foley is leading Rip Morgan to the ring and the two bump into each other. Prichard is content to keep walking but Morgan grabs him, spins him around and gets right in his face. It looks like they might come to blows but Foley interjects and guides his client to his waiting vict...ahem... opponent)

Match #6

"The Monster" Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley demolished "Big" Hoss Magraw with three chokeslans only one of which was actually necessary.

Main event.

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown & "World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier vs The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden)

A hard-hitting tag team main event. The Studs obviously have the experience as a team but the combined power & toughness of Brown & Kazmaier let them hang in there. The end sees Brown setting Fuller up for a Powerbomb only for Tough Guy Inc to rush the ring. This summons the Special Forces and the show goes off the air to the sight of a pier-six brawl between the two sides.

image.png.788a4eed46361f8f53a5a902d601b67a.png

Taped at Center Stage Theater before Main Event.

Originally airing on 4/2/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle David Crockett.

Super Strong Machine defeats the debuting Mongolian Mauler with the "Machine Lariat"

David "Fit" Finlay w/Jr Foley defeats Stoney Burke with the "Tombstone Piledriver"

"Rugged" Ron Garvin defeats The Brooklyn Brawler with the "Hands of Stone" punch.

Crockett Cup qualifying match.

The Moondogs Rex Spot w Number One Paul Jones defeat The Zero Fighters by c.o when Kabuki came down & sprayed Hase with the Myst and he couldn't answer the count.

In other news....

News from Mid-South Wrestling in Louisiana as Ernie Ladd had agreed to send two tough tag teams to the Crockett Cup. First up are the Mid-South Tag Team Champions Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner. Hernandez is a well traveled journeyman while Steiner is a prodigy who has been wowing fans and industry experts alike. And the second team promises even more physicality as Sheikh Adnan Al-Kassie presents Nord & Kongs, The Barbarians!

Commentary also reveal that in addition to the final two teams being announced, they'll also be able to reveal the entire first round bracket for the Crockett Cup!

Edited by Autistic Dragon
Forgot to add something

image.png.4e5f6408995619211c92d4131581991b.png

NWA Live @ the Timken Gym Limestone College in Gaffney SC on 4/4/88.

Radiance (Jimmy Del Ray & Chic Donavon) (no Precious) defeat two local talents with a double flapjack.

Tom Brandi defeats The Brooklyn Brawler with a inside cradle.

Billy Joe Travis defeats The Mongolian Mauler with the "Just a swingin" neckbreaker

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier defeats "Dandy Don Bass with a running powerslam.

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles.

The Celestial Trinity (Zodiac, Jason the Terrible & Angel of Death)(c) defeat The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood) & "The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride when Zodiac pinned Pride with a loaded headbutt.

image.png.0cdef7d27e9d8a5f8dbcf75991846029.png

NWA Live @ the Norfolk Scope in Norfolk Va on 4/6/88.

"Hangman" Bobby Jaggers defeats Barry O with the "Hangman's" neckbreaker.

"The Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard defeats "The Monster" Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley by DQ when Morgan refused to break a choke before reffer Nick Patrick counted to 5.

(The next match was advertised as a rematch between Tom McGee and Joe Lightfoot. However it's announced over the house mic that due to his leg injury, McGee couldn't make it. However a suitable replacement has been found. A buzz goes throughout the arena which erupts in cheers as WAHOO MCDANIEL makes his way to the ring.)

"Chief Joe Lightfoot vs "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel ends in a double countout.

NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal)(c) defeat NWA Special Forces (Ranger Ross & Commando Boone) with the "Wave of the Future" on Ross.

NWA Heritage Title.

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown defeats "Tennessee Stud Robert Fuller by count-out when Fuller walked away with the title.

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeats "Rugged" Ron Garvin when Precious sprayed Ron in the face with hairspray.

NWA United States Title.

Bruiser Brody(c) defeats David "Fit" Finlay w/Jr Foley with the "King Kong" Knee Drop.

Starr literally pulls one over on Pride.

Radiance has been looking good. The Double Flapjack is one of my all time favorite tag team finishers. 

Damn! Lightfoot gets brutal and sends Mega Man out on a stretcher. In this game, I think Lightfoot has been one of the most effective heel turns. 

Always loved the 'bump into' moment to start a feud. It's the easiest way to get things going. 

Kerry and Kaz vs. the Studd Stable has really given these guys something to sink their teeth into. Not only that but Tough Guy Inc and the Special Forces are involved as well. 

Moondogs are in the Cup. However, Kabuki will now have to answer to the Zero Fighters. 

The Trinity have a strong grip on the 6 man titles. It's going to take quite a threesome to take the titles from them. 

You have got something good going with Prichard and Morgan.

Awesome way to bring Wahoo in! The feud between the Chiefs is money! I see some intense chop exchanges coming. Man, this was a brilliant move. 

Fuller simply walks away from the Pitbull. That's one way to retain. 

Thanks to Precious, Jimmy Jam wins a battle against Ron. I'm sure there's plenty more to come. 

Brody takes care of Finlay and I know Debeers was taking notes. 

The NWA is rock'n! Bring on the Crockett Cup! 

Nice series of shows.

Not a good couple of days for McGee, sent out, brought back, hammered pretty hard by Lightfoot and then given his walking papers, again.

Speaking of Lightfoot, going from McGee to Wahoo is a big step up in my opinion. Thinking this is going to be stiff.

Jimmy and Ronnie is just getting started and should hit full stride pretty quickly.

Looking forward to the brackets of the CC. Going to be a super show.

Brody vs Finlay... I am sure no punches were pulled in that bout.

"News from Mid-South Wrestling in Louisiana as Ernie Ladd had agreed to send two tough tag teams to the Crockett Cup. First up are the Mid-South Tag Team Champions Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner. Hernandez is a well traveled journeyman while Steiner is a prodigy who has been wowing fans and industry experts alike."

This kind of stuff is why I love your product. You put in the little extra effort to make it mean just that much more. I am pumped to see how the CUP shakes out and who is going to face whom.

image.png.7985d1237cb13a9996deba5cd925b81e.png

From the Civic Center in Roanoke Virginia.

Previously recorded airing on 4/8/88 on the USA Network.

Ring announcer/Interviews: Sean Moony

Match #1

Billy Joe Travis vs "Gigelo" Jimmy Del Ray w/Precious with the "Just a swingin" neckbreaker.

Match #2

Black Bart defeats Glenn Quagmire with the "Texas Trash Compactor".

Sean Moony: Ladies and gentlemen welcome back to the National Wrestling Alliance, "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel!

*Wahoo comes down to a warm welcome from the Mid-Atlantic faithful*

SM: Wahoo I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say welcome back to the NWA.

WM: Thank you Sean it's great to be back here and especially in a city like Roanoke where I've had some of the best matches of my career.

SM: Ya know I called you Chief during my introduction but as our fans are aware, there's another man who considers himself the Chief of the NWA. I'm speaking of course of one Joe Lightfoot.

WM: Sean I know you don't mean anything by it but everytime I hear the word Chief being said in regards to Joe Lightfoot, it turns my stomach. Ya see folks there's more to being a Chief than getting to wear a fancy headdress. A Chief is supposed to be a leader of his people, the one who they can come to in their times of need for wisdom and guidance. A Chief is supposed to care for those who can't care for themselves, delaying his own meal until he's made sure the widows and orphans received theirs. And when his people are threatened, a Chief rides out at the head of the war party to face the danger head on, he doesn't go around attacking good men like Tom McGee and try to end his career. A Chief is expected to act with honor and integrity, things you clearly don't know anything about Joe Lightfoot! I came back to the NWA for one reason, you remove the stain of the title of Chief placed on it by Joe Lightfoot and show this people how a real Chief is supposed to act.

Match #3

"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel defeats Big Bully Benson with the "Tomahawk" chop. After the bell, Joe Lightfoot ran down and jumped Wahoo sparking a brawl which security had to break up.

Match #4

The Zero Fighters (Keiichi Yamada & Hiroshi Hase) vs Paul Jones Army Matt Borne The Great Kabuki) w/"Number One"' Paul Jones after Kabuki accidentally sprayed Borne with the Myst allowing Hase to roll him up.

Match #5

"The Gatekeeper" Jimmy Golden defeats The Masked Patriot with a Piledriver.

Before his match, Ron Garvin says Jimmy and his "floozy" may have stolen the win in Norfolk but their family feud is far from over.

Match #6

"Rugged" Ron Garvin defeats "Merciless" Lord Kruger with the "Hands of Stone" punch.

Main Event.

Tully Blanchard & Col Debeers w/JJ Dillon & Jr Foley defeated NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair & NWA United States Champion Bruiser Brody. Brody and Debeers brawled around ringside while Dillon distracted the ref allowing Foley to get in the ring and hit Flair with the South African flag as Flair was setting up the figure four. Dillon lets the ref go in time to see Blanchard make the cover and three seconds later, Tully Blanchard has pinned the world champion.

Sorry for falling a bit behind here.  Really liking where the NWA is at right now.  Prichard vs Morgan could be very interesting.  I like those monsters vs little guys.  

I thought Rugged Ron Garvin vs Brooklyn Brawler was a great squash match that could have had some great antics from the Brawler with Garvin shutting him up with the knockout punch.

I bet security was in there to stop Wahoo from killing Lightfoot.  This is going to be fun.

Tully and DeBeers vs Flair and Brody!!!! Love it!

image.png.3a176d643c5b1de89ab591df19f8fd70.png

Taped at the Civic Center in Roanoke Virginia before Main Event.

Originally airing on 4/9/88 on the USA Network.

On commentary: Bob Caudle & David Crockett.

"Black Magic" Norman Smiley w Ms Linda defeats Tom Brandi with the "Norman Conquest"

"British Magician Steve Wright defeats The Mongolian Mauler with the "Octopus hold"

Brad Anderson w Ole Arn Anderson defeats Stoney Burke with the Fujiwara armbar.

Main event.

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard defeats Barry O with the Superkick.

In other news....

The final two teams are announced for the Crockett Cup. Representing World Championship Wrestling out of Chicago Illinois are Brian Knobs and Jerry Sags The Nasty Boys as well as B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell, The Killer Bees!

With all the teams announced, the first round brackets are revealed.

The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair Jim Brunzell)(WCW) vs The Moondogs (Rex Spot)(NWA) w/"Number One" Paul Jones

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood)(NWA) vs The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson)(NWA) w/ JJ Dillon

Jumbo Tsurata & Tatsumi Fujinami (AWA) vs Tojo Yamamoto & The New Guinea Headhunter (IPW)

The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa)(NWA) The Barbarians (Nord & Konga)(Mid-South) w/Shiek Adnan Al-Kassie

Reno Riggins & Dancing Wolf(IPW) vs The Original Midnight Express (Randy Rose & Dennis Condrey)(AWA) w/Norvell Austin

The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane)(PCW) w/Jim Cornette vs The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobs & Jerry Sags)(WCW)

Mid-South Tag Team Champions Hercules Hernandez & Scott Steiner(Mid-South) vs The Sin City Superstars (Scotty the Body & Mark Starr)(PCW) 

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)(NWA) vs NWA United States Tag Team Champions The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal)(NWA)

Billy Joe and Black Bart kick things off with solid showcases.

Wahoo cuts one heck of a comeback promo! And then we a post match brawl between the Chiefs. This feud is going to draw serious money. Props to you. 

Kabuki's mist antics backfire and costs Jones Army the match. I'm sure Borne wasn't to happy. 

I'm liking Golden's 'Gatekeeper' role. 

OOOOHHHHH Ron calls Jimmy Jam's squeeze a floozy. This family feud is getting heated. 

Damn! What a main event on free TV! Tully gets the pin on Flair and has the momentum heading into the Crockett Cup. 

Speaking of the Crockett Cup, the first round brackets are announced. It's so awesome seeing all these great teams in our world matched up. It's really a one of a kind special event. 

Wahoo/Lightfoot just got serious. I'm thinking Wahoo in the Mid-Atlantic region wins this hands down unless Lightfoot has some serious backup.

Anytime Tully gets propelled to the forefront, I am okay with it. Nice to see him NOT in the shadow of Ric Flair as he was IRL when he left San Antonio.

OUCH! Two tough draws for the IPW teams in the Crockett Cup pairings. Looking forward to this.

The National Wrestling Alliance is proud to present the....

image.png.7fd3a94f3e190d8ea642135881813005.png

Airing live 4/15/88 from the Memorial Auditorium in Greenville SC on the USA Network.

The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell)(WCW) defeat The Moondogs (Rex Spot)(NWA) w/" Number One" Paul Jones in a fun contrast of styles that saw Jones try to pass Spot his bone only to be carried away by The Zero Fighters. The wildman was furious at his manager being manhandled which allowed Brunzell to catch him in a O'Connor roll to advance.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson)(NWA) w/JJ Dillon defeat The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood)(NWA) after JJ shoved Mark off the top rope into a Double A Spinebuster.

Jumbo Tsurata Tatsumi Fujinami (AWA) defeat Tojo Yamamoto & The New Guinea Headhunter (IPW) when Fujinami pinned Tojo with a "Dragon" Suplex. An oddly friendly scene early in the match saw Jumbo & Tojo shake hands like two old friends who hadn't seen each other in a while.

The Barbarians (Nord & Konga)(Mid-South) w/Shiek Adnan Al-Kassie defeat The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa)(NWA) when a distraction from the Shiek lead to double big boot on Afi.

The Original Midnight Express (Randy Rose & Dennis Condrey)(AWA) w/Norvell Austin defeat Reno Riggins & Dancing Wolf (IPW) when Riggins tried to suplex Condrey but Austin grabbed his leg causing Condrey to land in top & Austin held Riggins legs for the three count.

The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane)(PCW) w/Jim Cornette defeat The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobs & Jerry Sags) (WCW) by DQ when Sags snaps and hits Lane with a chair.

Mid-South Tag Team Champions Hercules Hernandez & Scott Steiner (Mid-South) defeat The Sin City Superstars (Scotty the Body & Mark Starr)(PCW) when Starr submitted to a Hernandez Full Nelson.

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)(NWA) defeat NWA United States Tag Team Champions The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal)(NWA) with a double dropkick on Champion.

image.png.b4acb2803378ecf0bd5527cb50499ec8.png

Night 2 airing live 4/16/88 on Pay Per View from the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro NC.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson)(NWA) w/JJ Dillon defeat The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell) (WCW) after JJ tripped Blair allowing Ole to hit his pattened knee drop.

Jumbo Tsurata & Tatsumi Fujinami (AWA) defeat The Barbarians (Nord & Konga)(Mid-South) w/Shiek Adnan Al-Kassie after Konga went for a diving headbutt but the Japanese star moved out of the way. Konga staggered up & Jumbo hit a Lariat to advance to the semi's.

The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane)(PCW) w/Jim Cornette defeat The Original Midnight Express (Randy Rose & Dennis Condrey)(AWA) w/Norvell Austin when Eaton pinned Rose with the "Alabama Jam". Austin tried to intervene but Cornette whacked him with his tennis racket.

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)(NWA) defeat Mid-South Tag Team Champions Hercules Hernandez &Scott Steiner (Mid-South) when Morton countered a butterfly suplex into an inside cradle. The two teams shake hands after the match.

NWA United States Title.

Bruiser Brody vs Col Debeers w/Jr Foley ends in a double countout.

Crockett Cup semi-finals.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson)(NWA) w/JJ Dillon defeat Jumbo Tsurata & Tatsumi Fujinami (AWA) in a rematch from last year's finals that saw JJ distract the ref while Fujinami had Ole in what Gordon Solie identified as a "Dragon Sleeper" allowing Arn to pull something from his tights and punch Fujinami with it before putting Ole on top.

The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane)(PCW) w/Jim Cornette defeat NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)(NWA)

NWA World Heavyweight Title

Tully Blanchard defeats "Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) after JJ gets on the apron only to catch a right hand from flair which sends him crashing to the floor. While the ref is checking on Dillon, Terry Taylor gets in the ring and hits the "Five-arm" on Flair as he's setting up the figure four. TITLE CHANGE!!!

Crockett Cup Finals.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson)(NWA) defeat The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane)(PCW) w/ Jim Cornette. After a ref bump Eaton hits the "Alabama Jam" on Arn and goes for the cover. Brad Anderson comes from the crowd and hits a top rope knee drop before rolling the pair over so Arn's on top. He then revives the ref and he & Ole keep Lane & Cornette at bay. Three seconds later, the Andersons are one million dollars richer.

Crockett Cup baby! 

Jones antics backfire as the Bees advance.

Andersons set the tone with a convincing win.

Jumbo and Fujinami get the win, but I'm sure Tojo didn't mind to much seeing his fellow countrymen advance. 

Barbarians make their mark. 

AWA congratulates the Midnights on their first round win.

Nasties snap enabling the other Midnights to advance. 

Mid South has a good showing tonight as their champs win a tough one over Pacific's newly crowned champs. 

Great way to end the night with both sets of NWA champs going at it. RnR sends the fans home happy.

Night 2! 

Andersons are looking like a well oiled machine.

Could Jumbo and Tatsumi become two time winners? They're one step closer.

YES! The long awaited Midnight's vs. Midnight's match up. This just had to happen. Well, I tip my hat to Sweet Stan and Beautiful Bobby. They are the superior Express. I loved Cornette helping his guys out. Nice touch.

RnR win the battle of champs. Nice sportsmanship.

Nothing solved with Brody and Debeers, which means more to come. Bring it on! 

In an epic rematch from last year, the Andersons rebound and advance. Props to my guys Jumbo and Tatsumi for another solid showing. 

In another awesome match up, the Midnights advance over their long time rivals RnR. The finals are set! 

WOW! Tully dethrones Flair for the world title! Big news! I'm sure Flair will be going after Taylor. But man, I'm looking forward to another Tully title run. 

The Andersons and Midnights deserved to be here. Both teams went through a lot. With some help, the Andersons win the Cup and million. Huge night for the Horsemen! 

The Crockett Cup was a massive success! Loved the match ups. We've created a great world for tag team wrestling. 

I absolutely loved the Crrockett Cup!  I love the way you have the lower - medium shows and build up to these bigger shows. It's a testament to your work and creativity. This one definitely delivered!

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)(NWA) defeat NWA United States Tag Team Champions The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal)(NWA) with a double dropkick on Champion.

This was a big time match for me. Champion v Champion is always something and to see one of the teams lose must hurt their chances to keep the gold in the future!

The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane)(PCW) w/Jim Cornette defeat The Original Midnight Express (Randy Rose & Dennis Condrey)(AWA) w/Norvell Austin when Eaton pinned Rose with the "Alabama Jam". Austin tried to intervene but Cornette whacked him with his tennis racket.

I am glad this one happened. A great build up and showcase in the middle of this bigger event.

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)(NWA) defeat Mid-South Tag Team Champions Hercules Hernandez &Scott Steiner (Mid-South) when Morton countered a butterfly suplex into an inside cradle. The two teams shake hands after the match.

Rock N Roll continue to showcase their dominance. They take down another pair of champions!

The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane)(PCW) w/Jim Cornette defeat NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)(NWA)

I really wanted to know a little more with this one. I wanted to see what happened. I was pulling for Rock N Roll so hard and then they fall.

NWA World Heavyweight Title

Tully Blanchard defeats "Nature Boy" Ric Flair(c) after JJ gets on the apron only to catch a right hand from flair which sends him crashing to the floor. While the ref is checking on Dillon, Terry Taylor gets in the ring and hits the "Five-arm" on Flair as he's setting up the figure four. TITLE CHANGE!!!

This is an interesting turn of events.... If it could have been anyone else IRL... Tully may have been the guy. This is the beginning but really the start of something bigger for him in this world of wrestling.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson)(NWA) defeat The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane)(PCW) w/ Jim Cornette. After a ref bump Eaton hits the "Alabama Jam" on Arn and goes for the cover. Brad Anderson comes from the crowd and hits a top rope knee drop before rolling the pair over so Arn's on top. He then revives the ref and he & Ole keep Lane & Cornette at bay. Three seconds later, the Andersons are one million dollars richer.

Okay... I said I loved it... and I did... but DAMN... this is a big moment... and in 1988... it is setting the NWA up for the rest of the year in a big way.

Awesome show - I would have loved to see more about the Rock N Roll but it was a great event and definitely turned some heads.

image.png.355750292bcf16634d5d86b33c064757.png

From the Civic Center in Charleston WV.

Previously recorded &airing on 4/22/88 on the USA Network.

Ring announcer/interviews: Sean Moony.

Match #1

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs "Rotten" Ron Starr

Cooley is a talented athlete who's most famous for his tenures in the Alabama territory. It's fitting then that the Cotton State native Starr who meets him in his NWA debut. The two have a competitive opening match which ends when Cooley hits a running Bulldog for his first win.

(Before the next match, Jr Foley speaks with Mooney. He says that due to the sublime performance of his troops so far, he's been given a reward in the form of two departed comrades returning to finish the fight. With that he proudly welcomes back The Sheepherders.)

Match #2

The Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) w/Jr Foley defeat Tomē Laurynas Carvalho & Vasil Abdul-Fazl Marston with a double gutbuster on Carvalho.

(VTR- Sean Moony leads a cameraman into a lavish penthouse suite where a raucous party is taking place. Mooney guides the cameraman through the party goers to the center of the room. The Crockett Cup sits on a coffee table with the NWA World Heavyweight Title in front of it with champagne bottles on each side. JJ Dillon, a mile wide grin on his face welcomes Mooney to "the celebration of the century". Says the Crockett Cup proved beyond a shadow of a doubt we he already knew, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew are the greatest tag team on God's green while Tully Blanchard is ten times the wrestler Ric Flair ever was. Tully sitting in between two ladies in cocktail dresses to say some things are just meant to be, like the fact that he is now a four time World Heavyweight Champion. Says he always knew he was meant to be the main man and know he's exactly where he belongs, at the top of the mountain. Ole says that  he & Arn beat the best teams the world had to offer and that a million dollars buys one hell of a good time. Arn agrees but says something is missing and it's time for them to focus on getting back what's theirs, and that's the NWA World Tag Team Titles and makes clear the Andersons are coming for the Rock n Roll Express.)

Match #3

"Chief" Joe Lightfoot defeats Joakin Neeraj Ò Maoilsheachlin with the "Indian Death Lock"

Match #4

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard vs "The Monster" Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley

Solie dubs this bout "beauty vs the beast" and it seems the crowd agrees. Morgan is extra aggressive keeping Prichard on the backfoot for much of the match. Still Prichard is able to use his superior technique to keep himself in the fight. Morgan's aggression is ultimately his downfall as he charges Prichard in the corner only to catch a boot to the mouth that turns him around allowing Prichard to score a victory roll for the struggling three count.

Match #5

"British Magician" Steve Wright defeats The Miner 49'er with the "Octopus hold"

(We see security camera footage of Commando Boone walking up to his pick-up truck when Tough Guy Inc jump him from behind. He try to fight them off but the 2-1 is too much and we get a nasty scene of TGI slamming the truck door on his knee. When the footage ends Ranger Ross is with Mooney and says he doesn't know when or even if Boone will be able to step in the ring again but he promises to make the Stud Stable pay for what they've done. Says he was pleased to get a phone call from an old friend who says he's ready to go to war. This brings out Brickhouse Brown who says that NWA Special Forces may be gone but the Buffalo Soldiers are locked & loaded)

Match #6

Buffalo Soldiers (Ranger Ross & Brickhouse Brown) defeat Sosruko Orpheus Van Agthoven & Maybernd Dinu Rava with a neckbreaker/top rope splash combo on Rava.

Main Event.

Super Strong Machine vs Abdullah the Butcher w/"Number One" Paul Jones

An all out brawl between the "sensai" of the Japanese contingent and the monster of the Paul Jones Army. Abby seems more focused on crippling SSM then winning the match (which let's be honest, is not that unusual for him) and by the matches end, SSM's mask is torn and a bit of blood is visible. A "Machine" Lariat sends the two over the top to the floor where they fight through the referee's 10 count. Security is able to get them separated but this clearly isn't over.

image.png.e9ed9fd2087afea26bf3b4759d80e93f.png

Taped before Main Event at the Civic Center in Charleston WV.

Originally airing on 4/23/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle David Crockett

"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel defeats The Pearl with a Tomahawk chop.

"Terrific" Terry Taylor w/JJ Dillon  defeats The Intern with a "Five-arm"

The debuting Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion) defeat The Brooklyn Brawler & the Mongolian Mauler with a standing suplex/crossbody combo on Brawer. 

Main event.

Col Debeers w/Jr Foley defeats "The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride with a face first Piledriver. Huge "Brody" chant throughout.

In other news....

We get a promo reading "Battlebowl" with commentary promises details next week.

We get a pretaped promo from Ric Flair. He's fired up and says that while he intends to get his belt back from Blanchard, first he means to take a piece of Terry Taylor's hide.