Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance

Autistic Dragon

Cooley's always been a game favorite. Looking forward to watching him tear it up in the NWA.

Watch out NWA, because the Sheepherders are back! 

I knew one thing was for sure after the Crockett Cup, and that is the Horsemen were going to party. What a scene. Tully is going to rock as champ. What I loved most was that during all the celebrating, Arn is all business. Get ready RnR. I can't wait for this feud. 

Lightfoot stays tuned up for Wahoo.

Prichard wins a battle in the Beauty and the Beast feud. 

Damn! Tough Guy Inc really did a number on Boone. Ross vows revenge and the Buffalo Soldiers are reunited. I love this team and the name. Now we get to watch them reach their full potential. 

SSM and Abby get wild and crazy! This has been a gem of a feud and we're going to get plenty more. 

Worldwide,

The NWA has a built up quite the tag team division. Add in the Patriots. 

Debeers gets the win but he's still got to deal with Brody.

Battlebowl! Bring it on! 

Taylor better get ready because he's got a very pissed off Flair coming after him. Once again, I liked how you changed up the dynamics by having Flair feud with the Horsemen. You took a risk and it's paid off nicely. Props to you. 

Enjoyed the Crockett Cup follow up. Good things are coming. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad Luke and Butch can find a good home here in the NWA. They are definitely better than what I had for them in this setting. Tully as the champion is just the right kind of shot in the arm a company could use and he's a great candidate for someone to push things to the next level. Add in the Ric Flair revenge tour 1988 and NWA has got a busy summer planned!

As someone who lives in West Virginia, I can promise you that none of our local talent are wrestling under names like those! 

Back in the day we had guys like Leslie Leatherman, Giant T-Rantula, Mason Hunter, and of course the mulleted manager Justin Kace!

We also had Lord Zoltan, but he is already in IPW.

(The logo won't copy for some reason.

NWA Main Event.

From the Winthrop Coliseum in Rocky Hill SC.

Previously recorded & airing on 4/29/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Gordon Solie.

RIng announcer/Interviews: Sean Moony

(The battery on my phone is low so just the results this week)

The debuting Nightmares (1&2) defeat The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion) with a double DDT on chip.

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats "Bad Boy" Benjamin Wickham with a flying Bodypress.

David "Fit Finlay w/Jr Foley defeats "Ladies Man" Lindey Lacey with a "Tombstone" Piledriver

Buffalo Soldiers (Ranger Ross & Brickhouse Brown) vs Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Big Daddy Cyrus) ends with the ref throwing the match out during a pier-six brawl.

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier defeats Elliott Bevis Paige with a running powerslam.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon defeat Aubrey Bullock and Balfour Drogo Solomon with a double Gordbuster on Solomon.

The Paul Jones Army (Abdullah the Butcher & The Moondogs) defeat Super Strong Machine & The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood) when Jones hit Chris with one of the Moondogs bones behind the refs back.

NWA Worldwide.

Taped at the Winthrop Coliseum before Main Event.

Originally airing on 4/30/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary& Bob Caudle & David Crockett

The Great Kabuki w/"Number One' Paul Jones defeats The Intern with a Thrust kick.

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard defeats The Mongolian Mauler with a Superkick.

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defeats Stoney Burke with a Brainbuster.

"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel defeats Barry O with a Tomahawk chop.

In other news....

We get a pre-taped segment from Jim Crockett Jr who gives us the details of Battlebowl. He says that on June 3rd the NWA will air live from the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan Alabama. Wrestlers will be randomly assigned partners in the "Lethal Lottery" for 7 tag team matches. The 14 winners will advance to Battlebowl proper. Two wrestlers will start with another entering every 90 seconds. Elimination is done by being thrown over the top. When we get to the final two it reverts to pinfall or submission. The winner will challenge Tully Blanchard for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at The Great American Bash airing live on pay per year July 2nd from the District of Columbia Stadium in Washington DC.

NWA Live @ the Memorial Auditorium in Greenville SC 5/2/88.

"Hangman" Bobby Jaggers defeats a local talent with the "Hangman's" neckbreaker.

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride defeats The Great Kabuki w/"Number One" Paul Jones with a inside cradle in a huge upset. Jones shakes his head in disgust and walks off without Kabuki.

The Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) w/Jr Foley defeat The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi Cocoa Samoa) after Foley hit Afi with his helmet.

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard defeats The Monster" Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley by DQ when Morgan hit Prichard with his chain right in front of the ref before using it to choke Prichard out.

"Chief" Joe Lightfoot defeats "Chief Wahoo McDaniel with a shot from his "War Club".

"Rugged Ron Garvin & "Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin w/Precious wrestled to a 20 minute time limit draw. Ron wanted overtime but Jimmy bailed.

Losing Team Leaves Town.

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood) defeat The Moondogs (Rex & Spot) w/"Number One" Paul Jones when Jones accidentally hit Spot with his own bone.

Arabian Death Match.

Super Strong Machine defeats Abdullah the Butcher w/"Number One" Paul Jones with the "Machine Lariat with barbed wire wrapped around his arm!

While I did find your jobber names funny, I think these were much more what you would get in your territory.  Nice job with that adjustment.

I think we in Dawn of War use the Loser Leave Town Match a little much because of the nature of our rotating rosters.  In history, it was used for the biggest of feuds.  Jerry Lawler-Bill Dundee... Tommy Rich vs Ted Dibiase.  I think your match borders on that as you have built these teams up and now they have a big following in your territory.  Nice match.  I hope to see Paul Jones regroup and come right back after the Renegades.  

I think Wahoo knows the end is near.  He has struggled in his last few territories in our game.  At least for him, the built in angle of Native American vs Native American will allow him some great promos about pride and history.  

I love the touring concept you continue to do here. I loved doing that with Windy City and felt like WCW needed to be more tv focused. I love the Barbed Wire clothesline... great visual. The Lethal Lottery was a term I was going to use but I am going back to the drawing board... we'll see what I come up with.  Lastly, the tag division here is really coming together and you're building up your own crews which is great. Looking forward to seeing if some cream can rise to the top against the Horsemen and company. 

1 hour ago, kevinmcfl said:

While I did find your jobber names funny, I think these were much more what you would get in your territory.  Nice job with that adjustment.

This time I remembered to specify that I wanted *English* names from the random name generator.

1 hour ago, kevinmcfl said:

I think Wahoo knows the end is near.  He has struggled in his last few territories in our game.  At least for him, the built in angle of Native American vs Native American will allow him some great promos about pride and history.  

Yeah, that's what attracted me to the idea of these two feuding. Defending the honor of his people, representing his culture, these are things that would matter to Wahoo perhaps even more than winning a title. Especially since he is getting older and he doesn't want to leave things in the hands of a guy like Lightfoot.

57 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

The Lethal Lottery was a term I was going to use but I am going back to the drawing board... we'll see what I come up with.  

Yeah I just remembered you using that in Windy City. I can edit that part out if you want. That way you can use Lethal Lottery while I stick with Battlebowl.

The Nightmares can do well here. They've been around and are a cohesive unit. 

I've said this before, but I really enjoy mid card feuds. The Buffalo Soldiers and Tough Guy Inc. fit this perfectly. 

Jones's boys get a huge TV win over their current rivals. 

Love your Battlebowl concept and what makes this great is the stakes involved. Winner meets Tully at one of the NWA's flagship events. Pretty big deal. 

Pride gets one of his biggest career wins over Kabuki. Looks like Jones is done with Kabuki. 

It's bad enough facing the Sheepherders but add in Foley and it's almost too much for anybody. 

Looks like Morgan just wanted to hurt Prichard. He succeeded. 

Lighfoot wins a big battle against Wahoo. 

Nothing solved between the Garvin's, which means plenty more to come. 

Jones bad luck continues as the Warriors send the Moondogs packing. 

Good grief! That Arabian Death match was nuts. That's really the only way to put Abby down. 

The NWA always had exciting summers and this summer's going to be sizzling! 

Wahoo might be on his last legs but don't count him out just yet. The old veteran I am sure has a few tricks up his sleeves yet to counter whatever Lightfoot throws at him.

The Nightmares, though on the smaller side, bring good Southern tag team rasslin to the territory. Looking for them to do well here.

image.png.0793ceced663be96d5093bb6b20f411b.png

From the Dorton Arena in Raleigh NC.

Previously recorded & airing on 5/6/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Gordon Solie.

Ring announcer/Interviews: Sean Moony.

Match #1

Brickhouse Brown vs Big Daddy Cyrus w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller

Before the match, Robert Fuller comes down and introduces the new manager of the Stud Stable, his older brother "The Mastermind" Ron Fuller. Ron wastes no time affecting the match giving advice which several times allow Cyrus to get the advantage over the more athletic Brown. Brickhouse kept fighting and had the bigger man rocking but the ref looking the other way allowed Fuller to reach in and trip Brown which caused him to stumble into a spinning sideslam giving Cyrus the tainted win.

Match #2

The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion) defeat Quinlan Leroi Franklyn & Gabe Archibald Lowe with the "Emergency Situation" (suplex/crossbody combo) on Franklyn.

Paul Jones joins Moony and the recap the rough week the Army had last week. Jones says he set out to assemble an elite group of talent and he clearly failed in that regard. Says the kind of setback he suffered would cause a lesser man to give up but he will come back even stronger. Says the rebuilding of the Paul Jones Army begins tonight with his newest client.... KAMALA!

Match #3

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/"Number One" Paul Jones & Friday defeats Mark Russell Beasley after beating him senseless then throwing over the top rope with Beasley failing to answer the 10 count.

Match #4

The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa) vs The Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) w/Jr Foley

The island duo put up a fierce struggle but were eventually overwhelmed by the unhinged New Zealanders with Afi falling to the double gutbuster.

Match #5

The debuting Brett "Hack" Sawyer defeats Oswin Grosvenor Stamp with a German suplex.

Terry Taylor & JJ Dillon join Mooney before his match. Taylor says what happened at the Crockett Cup was just the beginning of him running Flair out of the NWA for good. Says Flair will hold the Ten Pounds of Gold again, not because he isn't good enough but because Taylor won't let him.

Match #6

"Terrific" Terry Taylor w/JJ Dillon defeats Eli Jayme Tindall with the "Five-arm".

Main Event.

NWA United States Champion Bruiser Brody & "The Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard vs The Commonwealth (Col Debeers & Rip Morgan) w/Jr Foley

Brody & Prichard certainly made an interesting site together with the 80's rock n roll hair of Prichard looking bizarre next to the wildman Brody. To be fair, despite being part of the same faction one got the idea that the disciplined, militaristic Debeers wasn't entirely comfortable teaming with the more manic Morgan. Nevertheless, Foley managed to get his men on the same page long enough for Debeers to hit the face first Piledriver on Prichard for the 1..2..3 while Morgan held off Brody. Morgan wanted to pile on Prichard but Brody grabbed his chain and Foley called a retreat. The show goes off the air with Brody standing tall in the ring while The Commonwealth backed up the aisle, Foley having to restrain Morgan from returning to the ring while Debeers made the best around his waist gesture.

image.png.c2dd8a3a47253a2ebcfc2ce35d631d8a.png

Taped before Main Event at the Dorton Arena in Raleigh NC.

Originally airing on 5/7/88 on the USA Network.

Billy Joe Travis defeats The Brooklyn Brawler with the "Just a swingin" neckbreaker.

The Celestial Trinity (Zodiac & Jason the Terrible) defeat Stoney Burke & The Intern when Zodiac pinned Burke with a top rope knee drop.

"Rugged" Ron Garvin defeats The Mongolian Mauler with the "Hands of Stone punch.

Main event.

"The Gatekeeper" Jimmy Golden w/"The Mastermind Ron Fuller defeats "The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride with a Piledriver.

Look like Paul Jones is back in business if his goal is to cause havoc throughout the NWA, maybe not so much with Kamala if his goal is to put gold around his waist. I think someone with some brains in their head who can actually take some direction is Jones best bet.

I am assuming DeBeers and Morgan won the match, if not by pinning Pritchard at least by disqualification when Brody hit the ring with a chain. In any case, that is a pretty big win.

image.png.7391ffa8cfbaf9b85f1d7eeb72a109c5.png

NWA Live @ the Memorial Auditorium in Greenville SC 5/9/88.

"Hangman" Bobby Jaggers defeats a local talent with the "Hangman's" neckbreaker.

Brett "Hack" Sawyer defeats "The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride with a German suplex.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeats Butch Miller w/Jr Foley with a running Bulldog.

Angel of Death defeats Billy Joe Travis with the "Death Sentence"

NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

The New Breed (Chris Champion & Sean Royal)(c) defeat The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion) with the "Wave of the Future) on Chip.

"Rugged" Ron Garvin defeats "Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin w/Precious with a top rope sunsetflip.

NWA United States Title.

Bruiser Brody(c) vs "The Monster" Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley ends in a double DQ when both men grabbed their chains and started to try and whip the other.

image.png.4048ab2ea0632b04167a73b34d1282be.png

NWA Live @ the Civic Center in Roanoke Va 5/11/88

The Nightmares (1&2) defeat Two local talents with a double DDT.

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi defeats Barry O with a jumping headbutt.

Tonga Kid defeats Chris Youngblood with a top rope splash.

"World's Strongest Man Bill Kazmaier defeats Big Daddy Cyrus w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller with a running powerslam. After the match Fuller tried to clothesline Kazmaier but the strongman caught him and looked to hit a running powerslam on Fuller but the manager slid out the back and out of the room.

"The Monster" Rip Morgan w/Jr Foley defeats Cocoa Samoa with a chokeslam.

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles.

The Celestial Trinity (Zodiac, Jason the Terrible & Angel of Death)(c) defeat Billy Joe Travis, "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers & "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley when Jason hit a diving headbutt on Jaggers.

Super Strong Machine defeats "Maniac Matt Borne w/"Number One" Paul Jones by DQ when The Super Destroyer ran down and attacked SSM. A 3-1 beat down followed with SD leaving with Jones and Borne when security arrived.

NWA Heritage Title

"Tennessee Stud Robert Fuller(c) w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller defeats "The British Magician" Steve Wright when Ron passed his younger brother a roll of coins which he hit Wright with.

NWA World Heavyweight Title.

Tully Blanchard(c) w/JJ Dillon defeats "Rugged"  Ron Garvin when Jimmy Garvin distracted Ron allowing Blanchard to roll him up with a handful of tights.

33 minutes ago, LastStopTour said:

Look like Paul Jones is back in business if his goal is to cause havoc throughout the NWA, maybe not so much with Kamala if his goal is to put gold around his waist. I think someone with some brains in their head who can actually take some direction is Jones best bet.

I am assuming DeBeers and Morgan won the match, if not by pinning Pritchard at least by disqualification when Brody hit the ring with a chain. In any case, that is a pretty big win.

Yeah I realized it was unclear, I edited it to make plain what happened.

Right off the bat, the Mastermind earns his money. Hopefully we get more of Brickhouse feuding with the Stud Stable. 

Jones rebounds quickly by bringing in Kamala! You're great at booking monsters, so I'm looking forward to what Kamala does here. 

Sheepherders vs. SPC is a fun and wild match up. Sheepherders ruthlessness gave them the edge.

Hack Sawyer could get a career boost here. I think he could do well as a heel. 

Mighty bold statement from Taylor.

Another great TV main event. Debeers gets the fall, but I was pretty impressed with Morgan. 

Solid house shows. 

I'm a fan of Jaggers and Cooley, so it's always great seeing them pick up wins. 

Hack beating Pride, makes me think he's going to be a heel. 

Ronnie wins this round over Jimmy Jam. 

Morgan holds his own with Brody. Again, impressive. 

Fuller got lucky. Think of the pop Kaz is going to get if he does get to powerslam him. 

Jaggers, Travis and Cooley come up short against the Trinity, but damn, they make a solid trio. 

Jones is a very smart man acquiring the services of Super D. 

Mastermind strikes again. 

Tully vs. Ron Garvin can pack a house. Jimmy Jam ruins things which no doubt adds even more heat to this family feud. 

Like others have said, you've done an amazing job establishing the pecking order here. 

I'm really enjoying the feuds you have going on. My favorite is the Garvin family feud. It's a great story. 

I really like how Rin Garvin is at the top of his game and challenging for the title against Tully just to have the angle with Jimmy keeping him down.

Kamala fits in here nicely and good be a good challenger for Brody.  I think that would sell some tickets. 

Such a stacked roster but you always find something for everyone.  Nice booking.

image.png.68461270b44f05549330dbb0a8563a88.png

From the Cumberland County Memorial Auditorium in Fayetteville NC.

Previously recorded & airing on 5/13/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Gordon Solie

Ring announcer/Interviews: Sean Moony

Match #1

Ranger Ross vs "Dandy" Don Bass w/"The Mastermind" Ron Fuller

Bass did a good job leveraging his size and power against Ross who had to really dig deep to hang in the match. Just as Ross begins to seriously make headway, Fuller gets onto the apron. Before he could do anything however, Ross' fellow Buffalo Soldier Brickhouse Brown runs down and yanks The Mastermind back down. Fuller, 6'9 and a wrestler with almost two decades of experience, doesn't back down and a heated argument breaks out. All the commotion gets Bass' attention for a moment which causes him to turn around into a Combat Kick giving the win to Ross. Fuller was incensed when he realized what happened and he was seen conversing with Bass as they left ringside.

(Ron Garvin joins Moony at ringside. They discuss how Jimmy interfered in Ron's match for the World title in Roanoke. Ron says he isn't actually surprised as Jimmy has never been able to watch anyone else succeed without getting upset. Says Jimmy did what he did because he knows in his heart he (Jimmy) doesn't have what it takes to be World Champion. He promises that as soon as he's done with this family drama he's going for the World Championship and there's nothing Jimmy or anyone else can do about it)

Match #2

The Nightmares (1&2) defeat Clearance Alonzo Tate & Wat Lance Bullock with a double DDT on Bullock.

(Travis, Jaggers & Coolly come out and reveal they've gotten to know each other rather well traveling the roads. They point out that it pays to have someone watching your back in the NWA and they all trust each other to be there for them. They end the interview by proudly introducing the NWA audience to The Lawmen!)

Match #3

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley w/Travis & Jaggers defeats Jaye Moses Cropper with a Running Bulldog.

Match #4

The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip & Todd Champion) vs The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn & Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon

The Patriots put up a spirited fight but the experience & technical ability of the Andersons prove too much. We get an impressive visual in the finish with Arn getting the 6'6 Champion up for a Spinebuster.

(Before his next match, we get a video featuring highlights from Kerry Brown's recent tour of Japan)

Match #5

"Pitbull" Kerry Brown defeats Denzel Tyler Munson with a Powerbomb.

(Paul Jones joins Moony and introduces his newest client, The Super Destroyer. He hypes SD as the most in demand mercenary in wrestling who will eliminate anyone & everyone in the Army's way)

Match #6

The Super Destroyer w/"Number One" Paul Jones defeats Cole Lyric Tathim with the Super-plex.

Main Event.

"Chief Wahoo McDaniel vs "Chief" Joe Lightfoot

The two Chiefs waste no time laying into each other with stiff shots including several fierce chop exchanges. The end came suddenly when Lightfoot went for a slam but the veteran McDaniel kept the momentum going turning it into an inside cradle of the win! Lightfoot threw a fit as McDaniel celebrated with the fans to close the show.

image.png.f5d32d2ffd0c2b7c64c9e5431080fd48.png

Taped at the Cumberland County Memorial Auditorium before Main Event.

Originally airing on 5/14/88 on the USA Network.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle David Crockett

Brett "Hack" Sawyer defeats Stoney Burke with a German suplex.

The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi & Cocoa Samoa) defeat The Brooklyn Brawler & Scorpion with a double headbutt on Brawler.

"World's Strongest Man" Bill Kazmaier defeats The Mongolian Mauler with a running powerslam.

Main event.

"The Ugandan Giant Kamala w/"Number One" Paul Jones & Friday defeats "Super Rookie Hiroshi Hase with "Air Africa" after interference from Jones.

In other news...

We see a video of a playing guitar in what depends to be a dive bar for a crowd of screaming women. One member of the crowd asks her friend "isn't he great" but before the friend can respond the man cuts in "baby, I'm the greatest!"