WWE DAY ONE

KawadaSmile

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Protocols could just mean he was around someone who tested positive, which god knows is an almost certainty in WWE.  Hopefully it's just a precaution and he's not actually sick. 

He said on Twitter that he tested positive.

Thankfully, I don't want to speculate, but he is vaccinated, and Omicron is relatively mild for vaccinated people, and some experts in the field are even hypothesizing that vaccination+a mild variant like omicron will build super-immunity for future variants. I really hope that is true, and I really hope he is feeling fine.

That said, let's not beat around the bush: having him do regular TV tapings (and house shows?) when cases were surging like crazy, knowing he is immuno-compromised, was wildly irresponsible. I mean, people were afraid this would happen for weeks now, including Vince and WWE management. This didn't come out of nowhere. 

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Their solution to this was to no longer require covid testing; essentially, to just bury their heads in sand. It cannot be stressed enough just how irresponsible this behaviour was. 

They don't test asymptomatic vaccinated people, it's what all the other sports leagues are doing. Their protocol is almost exactly what the NFL is doing. 

The hilarious thing is they were pulling people off the house shows to preserve the show (since they want Day 1 to be an annual thing), and especially wanted to make sure Roman/Brock/Heyman were there since it was essential for the Mania build....and this still happened.