WWE DAY ONE

KawadaSmile

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ZThomas said:

I'm thinking the same thing.  I'm hoping to see some good interactions between Lashley and Lesnar considering Lashley has been trying to work himself into a feud with Lesnar since he came back to WWE in '18

Predictable and underwhelming. Maybe We can get some good one on one matches after this between Lesnar and the guys in the match but the fatal five way was not a good multi man match. 

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

That was a great sprint. Short, to the point and everyone played their roles great so I can forgive the finisher and big move spamming and no selling. Sad that Big E got such a nothing run.

So if Roman is hopefully healthy we are getting an unification match at Mania?

Honestly, I think they just changed course. Feels like we might get Lashley vs Brock instead.

In hindsight, it really feels like his title win was a last-minute reaction to Dynamite beating Raw in the key demo. They weren't ever planning on actually elevating him to that level.

Lashley v. Lesnar should be great though, that match has been on fans' fantasy-booking list since what, 2006? Genuinely feels like a big match-up.

The fact that Big E was the one who ate the pin when the very nature of a multi-man match allows you to protect the champion by having someone else take it tells you everything you need to know about where he stands in the pecking order. Obviously you want to hold off on Lesnar/Lashley, but Owens and Rollins are right there. On the bright side, at least Raw has some star power now.

Big E was only made champion in the first place because they needed to pop a rating after losing the demo to Dynamite for the first time, unfortunately.

To me, the bigger issue is that WWE overrelies on Reigns and Lesnar to an almost comedic degree, and then when something happens, they don't really know what to do. They've been feuding for most of the last seven years, and have had zero long-term ideas that haven't involved one or in most cases both of them. What in the world will WWE do when they can't build to Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns, or Brock Lesnar doing something, or Roman Reigns doing something, anymore? 

12 minutes ago, Loss said:

To me, the bigger issue is that WWE overrelies on Reigns and Lesnar to an almost comedic degree, and then when something happens, they don't really know what to do. 

It really shouldn't be an issue for them but, since WWE doesn't know how to make stars anymore this is the tactic they will run to time after time. 

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

Looks like that angle with Corbin and Moss pillmanizing Drew's neck was done to give Drew time to heal up a nagging neck injury.

Someone should tell them that just because a guy is going to be taking a break for a real neck injury doesn’t mean they need to be given a neck injury in kayfabe, too.

I was going to watch this show prior to the Roman news but once that came down I just kept watching WCCW.

11 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Yep, neck issue I think.

Yeah, and they could've lost another player tonight: The match between Sasha and Charlotte in Fayetteville, NC because Sasha seemingly hurt her knee. Luckily, she tweeted she's OK but WWE dodged another bullet on this one.