Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of *bell tolls* Fame 2022

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, DMJ said:

I mean, when you hear about the veterans mocking the younger generation for only caring about video games and vegan food spots, it does make you think, like, what were vets saying a "real" wrestler should care about? Flashing your junk at stewardesses? Buying a case of Jack Daniels for the boys cuz you didn't shake a guy's hand the right way? Good riddance to that bullshit.

Obviously the bullying, harassment and assault culture needs to disappear forever, and sadly that’s been part of frat boy athlete culture since there have been frat boy athletes.

But I think you’re being a little harsh on the older generation looking at what they deem as introverted and anti-social behavior from the younger generations though.  

Though to be honest, I’d imagine the older generations probably thought the body building disciples spent too much time in gyms, and not enough time functioning alcoholically day drinking the pain of the night before away!

Yes the gamers do stick with their cliches, so to be fair they are being social to a point, but I can see it being weird to someone that’s used to going to restaurants and bars with fellow co-workers on a nightly basis for seemingly the new generation of performers to be more interested in things that they deem anti-social.

Maybe some GWF alumni could fit the bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Global_Wrestling_Federation_personnel

Skandor Akbar would be a good pick for the legacy wing, but I don't know beyond that. The main guys I associate with the GWF are Jerry Lynn and Sean Waltman, but Lynn works for AEW and inducting Waltman for the third time seems like overkill.

23 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

and inducting Waltman for the third time seems like overkill.

Which makes him as a member of the nWo group even more laughable!

I mean I enjoyed what he did as Syxx, but it was way too short and he’s closer to the 10th-15th most important member of the classic nWo than the top 5/a “Mount Rushmore”!

So if that impedes a potential “Sean Waltman overall performer” induction, that makes it all the more ridiculous of a selection.

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I would say that Syxx was probably the last person to join the nWo that was a big deal before it got turned into a midcard/jobber storage facility. 

Very true, my point was more that you can slot him like 7th, through maybe 10th-11th if you were listing the most important members of the group over the years.

Bischoff for sure, Steiner, Giant, Savage…a case can be made for Jarrett as the “focus” of that 2000 joke.

5 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

Yes the gamers do stick with their cliches, so to be fair they are being social to a point, but I can see it being weird to someone that’s used to going to restaurants and bars with fellow co-workers on a nightly basis for seemingly the new generation of performers to be more interested in things that they deem anti-social.

Never understood this bitch about Younger wrestlers playing video games and not watching the matches. The older generation in their youth was backstage playing cards and drinking, Andre the Giant was famous for playing cribbage. 

No difference apart from this generation is drinking energy drinks instead of JD and coke. 

Yeah it was pretty much required to know card games to fit in the locker rooms in those days. To me, the complaining about the younger generation is one part normal "old generation things the youngs are doing everything wrong" type bitching and one part "older generation sees the youngs not doing the destructive things they did and feel called out by it". 

53 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

Never understood this bitch about Younger wrestlers playing video games and not watching the matches. The older generation in their youth was backstage playing cards and drinking, Andre the Giant was famous for playing cribbage. 

No difference apart from this generation is drinking energy drinks instead of JD and coke. 

Wait, I thought it was more about stuff away from the arena and being social with fellow co-workers in bars and such! 

Yeah, that’s a bit too “old man yells at cloud” when everyone’s pre and post TV time routines vary over the decades based on the individual themselves. 

Definitely an oddball pick, but I'd put ICP in the celebrity wing. They have a deep respect for wrestling after all (even having their own promotion), and while their WWF run was a blip all things considered, they've put in others for doing less. Only problem is who could induct them, Luna and Golga are no longer with us, not sure how on good terms Vampiro is with them, maybe Kurrgan?