Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/04 - 04/10 VEER IS HERE

KawadaSmile

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

No disagreement on either point really, but Black pulls off the dark side gimmick way better than Edge. At least 2022 Edge. This looks like something post-Brood Edge should have evolved into. 

Agreed.

But I do love Priest's new look, and I'm excited for the overall potential of their alliance/stable. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

Actually, check that, Dustin did have a post show dark match against Shawn at the IYH Buried Alive POV in October of 1995

2 hours ago, Ricky Jackson said:

I think Michaels and Goldust worked a ladder match at Exhibition Stadium in TO in the summer of 96, maybe other places 

They worked a bunch of times that summer and fall. Here's a weird one from October that drew 5,500 in Anaheim.

"WWF World Champion Shawn Michaels pinned Goldust at 21:00 with the superkick after kissing him; because of the problems with the top rope earlier in the evening, the bottom rope was moved up and the bout was wrestled without the bottom rope."

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Very... whatever episode. First hour was really good tho.

This would have been an alright Raw on most weeks, kinda sucked as a OMG RAW AFTER MANIA show.  A show who's claim to fame is the time when new faces and surprise returns pop up we got..... *checks notes* Elias looking like a sheared sheep claiming to be his younger brother.

Raw after Mania hasn't been much for a few years though, has it? This looks like a more eventful show than usual to me. Elias/Ezekiel, Veer debut, MVP turn, Cody promo, Edge and Priest's explanation, Bron winning the NXT title back. Very glad to hear Reigns hasn't had to relinquish his title. Not so glad that Elias has had to shave his beard. 

9 hours ago, The Man in Blak said:

Yes, he had a great match with an all-time great worker (his own brother) in an extraordinary circumstance. His match with Rollins last night almost undid all of his momentum coming into WWE (though Rollins certainly bears some of the blame for that as well). Is it unreasonable to say that it’s not his strong suit and that they need to be careful with how they feature him, since his potential heat as an “outsider” from AEW isn’t going to last forever?

How exactly did having the consensus best match at Mania (I personally had it #2 behind Lynch/Belair, but it's the highest-rated WM38 match on Cagematch) undo Cody's momentum?

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

How exactly did having the consensus best match at Mania (I personally had it #2 behind Lynch/Belair, but it's the highest-rated WM38 match on Cagematch) undo Cody's momentum?

It *might* have made fourth on my list if I had to rank them, but that’s beside the point - the consensus is what it is. And I will certainly concede that Rhodes seemed motivated on Saturday, which is really the best-case scenario for WWE: maybe Cody had mentally checked out for his final months in AEW and now we get to see him at his best.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Crowd was very weird. Barely reacted to Bianca showing her black eye, only really going off for things like RKBro, Cody and Roman. 

Possibly burnout? I wonder what percentage of those fans had also attended SD!, NXT and both days of Mania.

15 hours ago, C.S. said:

I'll take Cody's sincerity over Omega and Bucks' wink and nod too cool for the room speaking style that's grating at the best of times.

You could literally see him prep himself to tear up at points. That promo rang exceptionally hollow if you've seen him give the same one, better, a dozen times over the last 5 years.

Is it me, or does it seem Cody really left the company he helped found and had a cushy executive job at just so he could be the babyface he obviously wants to be? He clearly was getting frustrated at the AEW crowds not 100% cheering him, and as carny as he is, he's giving the impression all he wants is to be a beloved babyface. 

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Is it me, or does it seem Cody really left the company he helped found and had a cushy executive job at just so he could be the babyface he obviously wants to be? He clearly was getting frustrated at the AEW crowds not 100% cheering him, and as carny as he is, he's giving the impression all he wants is to be a beloved babyface. 

If that is the case, he will find more success. He maybe had too much control for his own good, and thus it led to things that honestly needed some peer reviewing - I seriously don't think he would cut that fucking jingoistic promo on WWE, as not even Cena was doing that anymore.

Yeah for what his career goals seem to be, WWE is a much better fit for him. I have my doubts it will happen because WWE gonna WWE, but even taking that into account he's got a better shot of doing it here than he did in AEW. 

4 hours ago, Migs said:

You could literally see him prep himself to tear up at points. That promo rang exceptionally hollow if you've seen him give the same one, better, a dozen times over the last 5 years.

It's pro wrestling. They're actors.

Everyone else gets a free pass for this shit, but because it's Cody and not an in-ring darling like Bryan Danielson, it's suddenly a grievous sin for a pro wrestler to cut a pro wrestling promo and try to capture the emotions of the fans.

The crowd ate it up last night. That's all that matters. 

Like @sek69 said, let's see where he is in six months. That could go either way, knowing WWE.