Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 5/25-5/31

Flyin' Brian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following line-up is announced for tonight:

• ROH World Tag Team Championship Match: Roppongi Vice vs. FTR (c)
  • Steel Cage Match: Shawn Spears vs. Wardlow with MJF as the special referee
  • Owen Hart Foundation Women’s Tournament Semifinal: Dr. Britt Baker vs. Toni Storm
  • Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament Semifinal: ROH World TV Champion Samoa Joe vs. Kyle O’Reilly
  • AEW Tag Team Champion Jungle Boy vs. FTW Champion Ricky Starks vs. Swerve Strickland
  • AEW Champion Hangman Page and CM Punk face-to-face
  • We hear from AEW Women’s Champion Thunder Rosa

Looking forward to another great FTR match, the continuation of Wardlow vs MJF, and Joe vs O'Reilly. The triple threat will probably be fun too. 

I don't get why they booked Baker vs Storm as the semi final, as it had finals written all over it and much bigger than Britt vs Soho which has happened already. Soho isn't that hot recently and she isn't that good either. Storm is the one to push as the babyface star, she's young but already way experienced and easily one of the best worker in the division. So either Storm beats Baker as Jaimie Hayter fucks it up for the dentist and we finally get that Baker vs Hayter match that was teased months ago (again, continuity anyone ?), either Britt wins thanks to Hayter fucking things up for Storm as I can't get enough of these two hooking up. And then later we can build to Baker vs Storm. Well, I guess it's not that bad if they do either of the two, really. 

BTW, whatever happened to Penelope Ford ? She injured of what ? She had that awesome hardcore match with the Bunny and seemingly vanished. And where is Leila Hirsch ? 

Show should be excellent (doh) and yeah, the world really sucks.

3 hours ago, El-P said:

I don't get why they booked Baker vs Storm as the semi final, as it had finals written all over it and much bigger than Britt vs Soho which has happened already. Soho isn't that hot recently and she isn't that good either. Storm is the one to push as the babyface star, she's young but already way experienced and easily one of the best worker in the division. So either Storm beats Baker as Jaimie Hayter fucks it up for the dentist and we finally get that Baker vs Hayter match that was teased months ago (again, continuity anyone ?), either Britt wins thanks to Hayter fucking things up for Storm as I can't get enough of these two hooking up. And then later we can build to Baker vs Storm. Well, I guess it's not that bad if they do either of the two, really. 

BTW, whatever happened to Penelope Ford ? She injured of what ? She had that awesome hardcore match with the Bunny and seemingly vanished. And where is Leila Hirsch ? 

Show should be excellent (doh) and yeah, the world really sucks.

They might be banking on tournament winner coming from Storm/Baker seem like a foregone conclusion just to have Soho pull the upset, but to me they should've just done Ruby/Britt in the semis. Soho, sadly, has been a flop.

This is def building to a title change haha

Also Anna Jay is an obvious filler match for Jade...she's been great as TBS champ but needs a stronger foil

Flyin Brian is right about Penelope, no way in hell they release her.  They clearly see a lot in her - i've felt like she's the main reason Kip's still employed

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

They might be banking on tournament winner coming from Storm/Baker seem like a foregone conclusion just to have Soho pull the upset, but to me they should've just done Ruby/Britt in the semis. Soho, sadly, has been a flop.

Could also be that they go with Statlander and give her the push out of winning the Owen and finally beating Britt.

It's really fascinating at how good Joe has looked in this run considering how broken down he looked at the end of his WWE/NXT run. And the last couple years of his TNA run for that matter. Dude is just going to war every week like it's 2003. Really the only thing is he seems to have a harder time with cardio, but he's in his 40s now and has essentially been inactive for two and a half years.

i'm in two Discord servers, one where i actually watch and one with IRL friends where we talk about wrestling, and we're all getting a bit tired of AEW atm

With Omega being gone, Orange Cassidy being injured, the Dark Order being mostly banished to the Phantom Zone anymore, Best Friends being put on the backburner in favor of Roppongi Vice...there's just so little FUN on the shows these days.  About all we've got for that now is Hookhausen, and the Acclaimed/Ass Boys one-brain-cell stable when they get their brief TV segments.  The new folks they signed are practically all serious wrestlemen and that's not what got us into AEW in the first place.  We're a bunch who fell out of wrestling for so long because it WASN'T dorky/silly enough, and AEW hit that spot for us.  They're now becoming the best possible NXT and i'm not really here for that.

Ah well, at least 2021 was amazing and the experience got our watch group into DDT & TJPW!

Well Kenny and Orange will be back at some point, it's not like AEW has completely turned into a No Fun Zone. Plus I'm not sure the zany stuff is what got people into AEW, it was more of it being a national platform to allow people to do their thing without stupid scripting and booking.

I've had the opposite experience. I keep seeing negative or meh takes on a lot of Dynamites for months while I have quite enjoyed the stretch from Punk's return to now. There's only been like 2-3 shows that were duds in that time. I do wish to go a week without seeing Adam Cole, but what can ya do? It's certainly not a perfect show, a lot of the booking is pretty scatterbrained, and I do not watch Dark/Elevation, and rarely pop in for Rampage unless there is a specific match that interests me. Even then, I'll watch the next day and scrub through it, but even that I don't do often at all.

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

It's really fascinating at how good Joe has looked in this run considering how broken down he looked at the end of his WWE/NXT run. And the last couple years of his TNA run for that matter. Dude is just going to war every week like it's 2003. Really the only thing is he seems to have a harder time with cardio, but he's in his 40s now and has essentially been inactive for two and a half years.

Yup. I was fearing Joe just wouldn't have it anymore, but did I eat crow on that one. Dude was nearly DYING at his last NXT main event, now he's basically beating the shit out of people AND getting his ass beat too. Wild stuff!

KOR really needs to stop doing that rebound lariat. Looked specially awful tonight.