Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 5/25-5/31

Flyin' Brian

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Baker coming out with a Jack Sparrow T-shirt was certainly a choice...

Man, good thing I didn't see that. She was on Twitter treating the whole case as reality TV and being weird about it. A great deal of the discourse surrounding the case is... less than optimal. People can be weird, man.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that main event finish went down like a fart in a lift. I can see why they’d want to go back to Soho/Britt since it was left dangling slightly but you’ve got to think Statlander is going to be pushed going forward.

And that opener is the Bryan Danielson we need, friends. What a match.

Mark Henry's bit is always so awful that I look forward to laughing at it every week.  The man can talk and every week it's the most stilted and awkward segment. " Well, that's enough talk. It's time for Johnny to cringe at this segment!" 

I gotta tell y'all, now that I can watch AEW TV? I like Rampage more than Dynamite.

Man, speaking of Rampage I just rewatched the First Dance episode and god damn the Punk return still hits me in the feels. It reminded me how there was no way they could possibly turn him heel no matter how much he's technically better that way as a character.  The idea that one of wrestling's most infamous grumpy assholes can have his "you can go home again" moment but in real life and as a wrestling storyline was just one of the best things I've ever seen on a wrestling show. Between Punk noticeably getting hit hard by the emotion when he came out and the famous Crying CM Punk Fan shot, just the pure catharsis of 7 years was tangible. 

It's even more amazing in retrospect in how the meat of his return speech was how his last day in ROH was the day he considers when he left professional wrestling and now it's owned by TK. 

17 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It's even more amazing in retrospect in how the meat of his return speech was how his last day in ROH was the day he considers when he left professional wrestling and now it's owned by TK. 

Indeed. As the old French saying goes "C'est à la fin du bal qu'on paie les musiciens." Meaning more or less : it's not over 'til it's over.

3 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Gunn Club/ Acclaimed is one of the best acts in all of Wrestling. Just fucking great shit. Billy Gunn once again is part of an act that was just thrown together and has exploded . It's bonkers, and I love it.

I would not have said this a few weeks ago, but since Gunn has "adopted" the Acclaim as his new sons, they have been quite fun indeed. This is the most fun Billy Gunn has been probably since 1998. Max Caster is still the worst worker of the five though. If anyone would need the "Nah, he's a manager" spot, that's him.