Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Double or Nothing 2022

MoS

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I really hope Ruby wins this. I don’t understand the hate she seems to get around here, and Britt’s act is getting quite stale IMO. She is the overrated one, you ask me. 

I don't care who wins this match but I've never seen anything from Ruby in singles matches that hasn't been forgettable. I've seen a couple of fan tags but singles she's always been very mediocre to me. Nothing bad but nothing that stands out either (besides some weird facial expressions in weird moments).

The issue right now is that there seems to be a bunch of folks getting highlighted who are also getting way too much exposure. Britt got overextended, so did Adam. Ruby lost whatever she had going for her in WWE (weird sentence). Jade needs to move on from her reign somehow. There needs to be a bunch of shakeups that just aren’t happening. 

Of the 9 months I've been following AEW, this whole tournament has been easily the worst booking job I've seen from Tony Khan. Just puzzling stuff from day 1 to the very end.

Two heels winning it all with Owen Hart tribute gear and then this whole thing being beyond kayfabe was just....weird.

I'm happy that Martha is happy though, that was a great moment for her.