Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South Wrestling Revolution

kevinmcfl

k3C3tyN.png?1

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING:  FEBRUARY 6, 1988:  EPISODE #6

LAKEFRONT ARENA:  NEW ORLEANS

Super Destroyer defeats Action Jackson with a Superplex.  After the match he takes the house microphone and warns Hacksaw Duggan to watch his back.

Vader defeats The Mighty Goliath with a diving knee drop from the middle rope. 

Hercules Hernandez and Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt wrestled to a Double Count-out as these two big men brawled all over the place.

Scott Steiner defeats “Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt with a German Suplex despite all the questionable tactics by both Gilbert and Hyatt.  At one point it looked like Hyatt was frantically motioning to the back for help.  Presumable this was for Rick Steiner but he never came out.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts with Precious Paul Ellering defeats  Nord “The Barbarian” with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie with a DDT.  Sheik tried to interfer but Ellering put a quick stop to that.

MID-SOUTH TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

Hacksaw Duggan © defeats Mike Rotundo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie with a football tackle.  Again, Sheik tried to make his presence known but this time, Mighty Goliath came out and went after Sheik who hightailed it up the ramp.  After the finish, Duggan gave a nod to thank Goliath. 

Hacksaw Butch Reed & Captain Redneck Dick Murdoch defeat “The Russian Bear” Ivan Koloff & Wahoo McDaniel when Reed connected with a top rope shoulder block on Koloff.  Those who were in attendance said the applause for Reed was almost deafening.  It has been a while since Reed was last in Mid-South and the fans are sure glad to have him back.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT- LOUISIANA TITLE MATCH

Ted Dibiase with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie defeat JYD with a piledriver by Dibiase.  This was only made possible after Sheik seemed use an ether-soaked rag to knock out JYD as the ref was admonishing Dibiase for hitting JYD with a stiff right hand with what many believe was his “loaded” black glove. 

MAIN EVENT:  MID-SOUTH TITLE MATCH  (VADER IS SUSPENDED ABOVE THE CAGE IN HIS OWN CAGE)

Steve “Dr. Death” Williams defeated Lex Luger © with Woman by DQ.  This was a wild finish as Dr. Death seemed poised to win his title back as he had just connected with the Oklahoma Stampede.  Vader started jumping furiously on his mini-cage which distracted the ref.

WHAM… from behind it’s Konga “the Barbarian” with a top rope shoulder block on Dr. Death.

Dr. Death is down as the ref calls for the bell…

The fans will never forget what happened next…

WHAM… Vader, from all of his stomping, breaks through the suspended cage and comes crashing down on Dr. Death.

Konga simply walks away as Vader and Luger go to work on the crushed Dr. Death….

The other wrestlers in the back must have been watching as Scott Steiner, Hercules Hernandez, JYD and Hacksaw Butch Reed rush to the ring.  The tag champs and JYD go right for Dr. Death but Reed chases Lex Luger and catches him. 

WHAM… Reed with a Military Press Slam of Luger on the concrete and the crowd goes wild.

Woman and Vader are able to drag Luger away as all attention is turned to Dr. Death who miraculously, with the aid of the other wrestlers, is able to limp away on his own. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Destroyer uses Jackson to send a message to Duggan.

Vader wins the battle of the big men.

Hercules & Rick have a wild hossfest.

Young Scott gets a huge singles win. I'm sure Rick was just to tired to come out and help.

Nord the Barbarian gets snake-bit.

Goliath helps Duggan hold on to the TV title.

Reed gets a big win -and a bigger pop- in his return match.

Kassie prevents the night from being a full blowout by helping Dibiase win the Louisiana title.

What a sight! Vader bursts through the cage to fall on Williams. People would be talking about that forever.

Super D looks tuned up and ready for Duggan. 

Vader's stock is going way up, especially after that win over Goliath. 

At this point in time, Herc and Rick Steiner would be one fun hard hitting match up. 

Scotty gets a big time win over Gilbert. I think Gilbert and Missy will have words with Rick. 

Snake gets payback on Nord as he gets closer to Dibiase. 

Thanks to Goliath, Duggan is able to finish off Rotunda.

Reed is back baby and the crowd loves it! 

Adnan finally gets some interference in as he helps Dibiase retain over JYD. 

DAMN!!! Vader goes through the cage and splashes Williams! What a stunning visual. Vader vs. Williams is going to rock! Reed gets involved and shows Luger his power. I'm all for Reed going after Luger's title. Great set ups here. 

Sorry I am late catching up... you've got some pretty fun stories being told here. I think that the Vader stuff is captivating me the most. 1988... he's a hoss for sure... I always like Jake and Dibiase and what they could put together so this one keeps me intrigued. The Hacksaw comes back for more... he's got unfinished business. The big match with JYD and Dibiase has always been money in this territory... nothing wrong with seeing if that well is still wet. Vader... Williams... Luger... Reed... Mid South has got everything from top to bottom.

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #7:  February 17, 1988

The show opens with a montage from last week’s big event in New Orleans.  We see Super Destroyer with a superplex on Action Jackson, Vader with a middle rope knee drop on Mighty Goliath. Rick Steiner and Hercules Hernandez battling on the floor, Scott Steiner with a big suplex on Rick Steiner, Jake “The Snake” with a DDT on Nord “The Barbarian, Hacksaw Duggan hitting Mike Rotundo with a football tackle, Reed with a top rope shoulder block on Ivan Kolff, Ted Dibiase with a piledriver on JYD and then holding up his new Louisiana Heavyweight title and in the moment of the night… Hacksaw Butch Reed with a Military Press Slam on the Mid-South Champion Lex Luger.

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for turning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Memorial Auditorium in Shreveport, Louisiana.  What an event it was last week in New Orleans and the Lakefront Arena with some big ramifications for Mid-South Wrestling.  First, as you just saw, we do have a new Louisiana Heavyweight Champion in Ted Dibiase.  Now that match was not without controversy, and we will be hearing from Ernie Ladd on that subject in just a little while.  We also had a wild ending to the night as Konga “The Barbarian”, the newest member of the Million Dollar Corporation helped Lex Luger to keep his Mid-South title.  We will be talking to both Ted Dibiase and Woman about this during this hour.  We will also have the Super Destroyer in action against Billy Two Eagles.  Hacksaw Butch Reed will be making his return to Mid-South television as he will take on Killer Brooks.  The newest tag team in Mid-South, The Barbarians will face Mike Jackson and JT Southern and in our main event it will be Dr. Death taking on Vader.  For those of you who were in New Orleans this past week, you know that Vader was as responsible for Dr. Death not getting his Mid-South title back as anyone so Dr. Death will be seeking revenge.  Before we get to the ring, we need to bring out Mid-South President, Ernie Ladd.  Welcome Mr. Ladd.

Ernie Ladd:  Thank you Gordon.  First, I would like to thank the great people of New Orleans for helping to put on a great event this past Monday.  We are looking forward to our return in just under a month on March 6th.  Already signed for that match is Ted Dibiase vs Jake “The Snake” Roberts.

Gordon Solie:  That will make one heck of a Louisiana Title Match.

Ernie Ladd:  Not so fast Gordon.  Junkyard Dog, who in my opinion, had his title stolen from him, will get his rematch right here on TV next week.  As I said, I thought JYD had his title stolen from him by Sheik Adnan Al Kassie but as we say here in Mid-South Wrestling, we solve our problems in the ring.  So, JYD, you get return match next week.  Sheik Adnan… you clearly had something on that rag you stuck in JYD’s mouth.  You clearly helped Ted Dibiase cheat his way to the title.  For that you must pay.  Again, here in Mid-South Wrestling, we settle things in the ring.  So, today I have added one more match to the card.  It will be Junkyard Dog vs…. Sheik Adnan Al Kassie.  (The crowd explodes)  And JYD, you can have as many of your friends at ringside so the rest of the Million Dollar Corporation can’t interfere.

Gordon Solie:  Well, well.  This is some addition to our show.  Fans, it looks like our timekeeper is ready to go.  Let’s get to the ring.

MATCH #1

Super Destroyer defeats Billy Two Eagles with a Superplex

In a quick-post match interview, Super D continues to be after Hacksaw Duggan and a tv title shot.

COMMERCIALIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR BATON ROUGE

Prior to the match, Jake “The Snake” and Paul Ellering are at the both.

Gordon Solie:  Jake, it seems there is no way for Ted Dibiase to avoid you now.  Ernie Ladd has signed the contract.  It will be you and him on March 6th at the Lakefront Arena.

Jake Roberts:  Time… Sweet time.  Sometimes it goes by real slow and sometimes it goes by in the blink of an eye.  For me, the rest of this month is going to crawl bye.  Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, I will be consumed with the idea of revenge on Ted Dibiase.  Then come March 6th, time will fly by like a whirlwind as I savory every moment of my total and complete destruction of Dibiase.  And by March 7th, you Ted Dibiase will have eternity to think of what just happened.

Paul Ellering:  Gordon, I have been in this business a while now.  I’ve wrestled.  I’ve managed.  I’ve controlled some of the most uncontrollable men ever to step foot in that ring.  Jake “The Snake” Roberts is by far the most focused wrestler I’ve ever been around.  He knows what he wants and how he is going to do it.  The only questioned is, can Jake wait until the sands in the hourglass run out or will he find you, Ted Dibiase, when you least expect it.

Gordon Solie:  Very interesting words gentlemen.  Let’s get back to the ring.

Match #2

Hacksaw Butch Reed defeats Killer Brooks with a Military Press Slam

After the match, Hacksaw Butch Reed is with Gordon Solie and wants to talk about last Friday night at Lakefront Arena.

Gordon Solie:  Butch first of all, great to have you back in Mid-South.

Hacksaw Butch Reed: Gordon, I’m home.  I’ve been away waaay to long.  I admit that I left the wrong way back in July.  I was frustrated at how Woman and Lex Luger stole my title.  I just want to say sorry to all the fans and hope they can support me once again.

Gordon:  So what did bring you back?

Hacksaw:  It is just as Dick Murdoch explained.  He needed a partner.  He was sick of Wahoo McDaniel and Ivan Koloff.  He called me up and in this business… when a friend calls, you answer it.

Gordon:  And take us back to last Monday night in New Orleans.

Hacksaw:  To tell ya the truth… it was like I never left.  I got out there and Murdoch and I took care of business.  Next thing you know, Woman is doing her mischief again.  I see Vader and Konga attacking Dr. Death.  I couldn’t hold myself back.  When I tell ya the power I felt when I hoisted Luger up and slammed him to the ground… it was unbelievable.  Woman… Luger…. I’ve been dreaming of my return and now I’m back!

Gordon Solie:  And we’re glad to have you back.  Thanks for your time Hacksaw.

COMMERCIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR BATON ROUGE

Prior to the match, Ted Dibiase joins Sheik Adnan Al Kassie and The Barbarians at the podium

Ted Dibiase:  Gordon, before you even say a word, I just want you to know how good I feel just because of the fact that I am me.  The head of the Million Dollar Corporation.  More money than I know what to do with and yes… the new Louisiana Heavyweight Champion.

Gordon Solie:  A title you won by some questionable tactics but we will get to that in a moment.  First, I want to ask you about why your man, Konga “The Barbarian.” He seemed to be helping Lex Luger in his match against Dr. Death.

Ted Dibiase:  Gordon, you have heard me talk time and time again about money.  While I do have a whole heck of a lot of it, there is no sense wasting it.  Woman has been “renting” out Konga for the better part of a year now.  We’ve seen Konga working for Tully Blanchard and Dark Journey.  We saw Konga up in the Chicago area.  Well, when I negotiated the acquisition of Konga from Woman, we made a deal that Konga would work for Woman one last time. 

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  Now let me ask you Sheik about last Monday night in New Orleans.  Obviously, you had some chemicals on that towel you put over Junkyard Dog.

Sheik Adnan Al Kassie:  Of course there were chemicals on that towel.  JYD was foaming at the mouth from the beating he was receiving in the ring.  It was like he had rabies and I went to save his life but I also wanted to save my own.  Simple sanitizing solution was all that was on that towel.

Gordon Solie:  Ah huh Sir.  Well neither Ernie Ladd nor myself are buying that one and tonight JYD gets you one on one in the ring.

Sheik Adnan Al Kassie:  Ernie Ladd… I will give you one last time to change your mind about the match tonight or you may suffer grave consequences.  I am a manager; not a wrestler.  You better pray that nothing happens to me tonight.  My lawyers have already been contacted and if I get hurt or sick from that drooling heap of hound, I will sue you and everyone associated with Mid-South Wrestling.

Ernie Ladd comes out and “clearly” explains to Sheik that he doesn’t have to enter the ring later to face JYD but that if he decides not to face JYD tonight, he will reverse the referees “controversial” decision and vacate the Louisiana Title.  Suddenly, Dibiase lets Ernie Ladd know that Sheik will be in the ring later tonight to face JYD.  Gordon now lets the Million Dollar Corporation know they have a match and need to head to the ring.

Match #3

The Barbarians (Konga & Nord) with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie destroy Mike Jackson & JT Southern with the end coming from a top rope shoulder smash from Konga

After the match, JYD and Dr. Death are with Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie:  Well, JYD, it seems like you got Sheik a little nervous.

JYD:  Gordon, (JYD howling at the moon)  Sheik Adnan, you shouldn’t be the least bit nervous.  I mean, I‘m only nervous when I don’t know what’s going to happen.  We all know what’s about to happen to you.  The Dog is going to Thump you so hard you might end up falling through the ring and land all the way down in your homeland.  Now, Ted Dibiase on the other hand… he should be nervous.  He don’t know if it’s going to be the Dog or the Snake that’s about to send him home.  One thing for certain his Louisiana Title reign is not going to be too long. 

Dr. Death:  Gordon… the tide is turing.  The tide is turning.  The next 30 minutes the entire landscape of Mid-South is gonna change.  First, I’m going to take out a huge cog in Woman’s plans.  Her security blanket… the one she counts on to deal with all the trouble, Vader, is going to pay, and pay severely for costing me the Mid-South title last week in New Orleans

Prior to the match, Woman (wearing some big new diamond earrings, presumable from the sale of Konga), Lex Luger (the Mid-South Champion, and Vader are with Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie:  Woman, you always seem to have a plan. 

Woman:  Gordon, darling, are you surprised.  Are you saying that because I look like this, you presumed I couldn’t be smart also?

Gordon:  Ummm, uhh no, um

Woman:  Oh Gordon, you are so cute.  I did have a plan for last week and I do have a plan going forward.  I don’t care if its Dr. Death.  I don’t care if its Dick Murdoch.  And I really don’t care if its Hacksaw Reed.  Lex Luger will be the Mid-South Champion for a long time, and it is my job to make sure he is.  Vader… Konga… myself… It doesn’t matter but we will make sure that the gold stays in my stable.

Lex Luger:  Dr. Death… we have met twice in the last two months.  Each time, I have come out on top.  Soon, you should realize that no matter what you do, the Total Package can’t be stopped.

Match #4

Dr. Death defeats Vader with Woman after connecting with two Oklahoma Stampedes. 

There was just no stopping Dr. Death tonight.  No matter what Vader did, Williams was able to regain the momentum and eventually get the win.  Interesting thing here was that at no point in the match did Woman or Luger even think of going after Dr. Death.  When the match was over, Dr. Death dares Luger to come to the ring but he smugly declined.

Match #5

Junkyard Dog vs Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

The crowd was in a frenzy from the first chord of “Another One Bites the Dust” as they knew they were about to see a complete and utter destruction of the hated Sheik.  With the ring surrounded by JYD allies, JYD gave the fans exactly what they wanted.  He tore Sheik limb from limb and then connected with the biggest THUMP (powerslam) seen in Mid-South.

As the ref completed the three count, Gordon Solie reminded fans that this was only the first step in JYD’s revenge against the Million Dollar Corporation and told everyone, that right here next week we will becoming to you from the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge where the main event will be JYD against Ted Dibiase for the Louisiana Title. 

Gordon Solie:  So long from the Pelican State.

Ladd starts by announcing three matches for JYD. Dibiase next week & March 6th in New Orleans and Shiek Kassie tonight.

Super D continues his hunt of for the TV title.

I'm running out of ways to say how great the Roberts/Ellering promos are.

An emotional come home promo from Reed.

Loved the Shiek's explanation to why he needed to use the rag on JYD. Also a sensible reason for Konga helped out Woman despite not working for her anymore. 

Speaking of whom, he and Nord continue their path of destruction.

Woman & Luger talk plenty tough but Imagine seeing Williams take down Vader shut them up pretty quickly.

We get a great ending as Kassie gets the ass-whipping he's had coming for a long time now.

Ladd's a man of his word. Doesn't have favorites and settles things in the ring. Ladd is the man! 

Super D is hot on Duggan's trail and wants that TV title.

Jake and Ellering are so damn good together! 

It's great to see Reed back in Mid South. Him and Luger are going to pack the houses. 

Adnan wants out of his match tonight but Ladd makes things plain and simple for him. 

The Barbarians rock as a team! I'm so glad we finally get to see these two team up. 

WOW! Dr. Death takes down Vader in a big way! Luger is going to have his hands full with Death and Reed coming after him. 

JYD gives the fans and viewers a most satisfying moment. Adnan felt the pain of the thump LOL. Like Luger, Dibiase is in big trouble with JYD and Jake getting title shots. I really like how you've set up multiple contenders for the top titles. 

Ladd has Mid South clicking on all cylinders! 

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #8:  February 25, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for turning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Memorial Auditorium in Shreveport, Louisiana.  Before we get to today’s show, first I need to show you a video clip from this past Monday night in Houma, Louisiana.

VTR:  What we see is Vader, Lex Luger, Dr. Death and Hacksaw Reed brawling all over the arena floor.

Gordon Solie:  Fans, I can tell you that Mid-South President Ernie Ladd is very upset at this situation as this is the second time in two weeks, a Mid-South Title bout between Lex Luger and Dr. Death has ended without a clear winner due to outside interference.  Ladd explained that Woman ordered Vader to attack Dr. Death to prevent a title change and Hacksaw Butch Reed had to come to ringside to prevent Dr. Death from being injured.  Ladd went on to say that because Vader keeps coming into the ring to interfere, he has signed a match for March 6rd in New Orleans to stop him from leaving the ring.  It will be Dr. Death and Hacksaw Reed vs Vader and Luger inside a steel cage.  Folks, I would like to bring out Dr. Death and Hacksaw Reed to get their thoughts on this match.  Gentlemen….

Dr. Death:  Enough is enough.  It just might be time for Ernie Ladd to rethink his philosophy that all problems in the Mid-South get settled in the ring.  While I can’t wait for March 6th and the Steel Cage Match against Lex Luger and Vader, it doesn’t change the fact that anytime Woman needs to save Lex Luger from losing his title, all she has to do is send in Vader.  I will promise everyone watching that I will get my revenge on March 6th, it doesn’t change the fact that Lex Luger is a fake champion.

Hacksaw Reed:  I hear you Dr. Death but there is another way to solve this problem and it all starts in the Steel Cage Match.  If Ernie Ladd wants us to solve all our problems in the ring, lets solve it.  Let’s beat Luger and Vader so bad, that Luger is no longer able to defend his Mid-South title.  Let’s take him out for good and then let Ladd figure a way to crown a new champ!

Dr. Death gets a big grin across his face and the two give a big high five and walk away!

Gordon Solie:  BRO-ther.  I wouldn’t want those two threatening me.  Luger and Vader better be ready for the fight of their lives.  With the steel cage match and the match between Ted Dibiase and Jake Roberts, our next card in the Lakefront Arena is turning out to be a tremendous show.  As for tonight, we have another great hour instore for you.  It will be the Super Destroyer taking on Mike Jackson.  The Mid-South tag champs, Scott Steiner and Hercules Hernandez will be taking on the Assassins.  Lanny Poffo will be here, and he will be facing El Santo Negro.  Mighty Goliath and Rick Steiner will go one on one and the winner will get a tv title shot against Hacksaw Jim Duggan at Lakefront Arena.  And if that was not enough, in our main event it will be a return bout for the Louisiana Heavyweight Title as Junkyard Dog challenges Ted Dibiase.  That and much, much more.  It looks like we are ready for our first match.  Let’s head to the ring. 

MATCH #1

Super Destroyer defeats Mike Jackson with a Superplex

After the bout, Super Destroyer goes to the podium and is not too happy that Rick Steiner and Mighty Goliath are having a #1 contenders match for the tv title.  He feels that Hacksaw Jim Duggan is ducking him and he is sick of it.  When Gordon tries to explain that he is relatively new to Mid-South Wrestling and it takes time to move up the ranks, Super D becomes even angrier and said talent, not time should be the basis for title shots!

COMMERCIALIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR BATON ROUGE

When we come out of break, Eddie Gilbert, Missy Hayatt and Rick Steiner are at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Well Mr. Steiner, you must be very proud that you have been given a shot tonight to earn a Mid-South TV Title match.

Eddie Gilbert:  Gordon, when are you going to learn.  Missy and myself are the voices for Hot Stuff Inc.  If you have any questions, please address them to one of us.  Rick has been instructed to speak when he is told to speak.

Gordon Solie:  Uh huh, so do either you are Missy have anything to say about Rick’s match tonight vs Mighty Goliath.

Missy Hyatt:  I will let you know that Rick is very thankful for the help and training that Eddie and I have given him over the past months.  That being said, I will admit that I was surprised that Rick was given this opportunity.  I mean the TV champion is the face of the franchise.  Shouldn’t that be Eddie Gilbert.

Eddie Gilbert:  Now, now Missy.  We talked in the back and understand that Ernie Ladd is just trying to protect Hacksaw Duggan.  We all know Rick won’t win the title but this is a great opportunity for him and his development.  Thanks Gordon.  We are going to prepare for the match.

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.

When Hot Stuff Inc. walks off, Gordon wonders if it is possible for two people to have bigger egos than Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt. 

MATCH #2

Mid-South Tag Team Title Match

Hercules Hernandez & Scott Steiner vs The Assassins (Roger Smith & Brooklyn Brawler in the black tights, black, long sleeved shirts and the yellow and black masks)

After to the match, the Mid-South tag champs are at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Congratulations gentlemen.  Another very impressive win.  Scott, I was wondering if you heard the comments before from Eddie Gilbert before about your brother.

Scott Steiner:  Gordon… there is nothing left for me to say.  If Rick can’t see the forest through the trees, he is going to have to learn the hard way.  I wish him luck tonight but as long he is under the spell of Missy Hyatt and Eddie Gilbert, he will never reach his full potential.

Gordon Solie:  I completely agree.  Now Hercules, what are your thoughts on all the great challengers for your tag team titles.

Hercules Hernandez:  Gordon… it doesn’t matter who we face in the ring.  Our power, speed and teamwork will never be outmatched!  We will take on all comers. 

Gordon Solie:  Very interesting words gentlemen.  We need to take a break. 

The problem was that before we got to break, Ivan Koloff and Wahoo McDaniel attacked the champs from behind.  With the use of long steel chains, Koloff and McDaniel were able to due substantial damage before Dick Murdoch and a few others were able to make the save.

When we come out of break, an obviously shaken Gordon Solie, explains that in all his years of being in the wrestling business, he has rarely seen two men as vial as Ivan Koloff and Wahoo McDaniel.  He said that both Scott Steiner and Hercules Hernandez have been taken to a local hospital  for medical attention and that if he hears anything before the program ends, he will let everyone know.  Next, Woman, Lex luger and Vader come out to discuss the Steel Cage Match on March 6th. 

Woman:  Gordon, I’m planning on managing the Mid-South Champion for a long, long time.  I’m also planning on managing both “The Total Package” Lex Luger and Big Van Vader for a long, long time.  So, I guess if we put those two statements together, regardless of what Hacksaw Reed or Dr. Death says, Lex Luger will be the Mid-South Champion for a long, long time.

Lex Luger:  Dr. Death… you were out hearing complaining about how Ernie Ladd wants all issues in Mid-South solved in the ring.  Come to think about Dr. Death… the reason you don’t like that idea is that you have never beaten me in the ring. 

Gordon Solie:  To be fair Mr. Luger, it seems that every time you face Dr. Death, someone interferes on your behalf. 

Woman:  Gordon, baby, please don’t interrupt.

Vader:  Hey Butch Reed… Dr. Death… you talk about getting some revenge inside the steel cage, well, I got the same idea.  I’ve made a promise to both Lex and Woman to prove that last week’s match vs Dr. Death was a fluke.  You talk about injuring us and putting us out of action… trust me, that’s exactly what Woman told us to do.  And we all know… what Woman wants, Woman gets. 

Gordon Solie:  Uh huh.  Let’s get back to the action.

Match #3

Lanny Poffo defeats El Santo Negro with the top rope diving splash

After the bout, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Paul Ellering are at the podium.

Jake Roberts:  Sometimes Gordon, you just come across someone who does things differently.  I just might be that person.  It seems like Ted Dibiase has made a mistake and turned his focus off of me and onto Junkyard Dog.  Now I understand that he has a Louisiana Title Match in just about 15 minutes against my good friend JYD but I don’t play any games.  I don’t play any games because I control this sport.  I control you Mr. Dibiase. And let’s not forgot that 15 minutes is a lot of time.  Watch yourself Mr. Dibiase.  Maybe I get you tonight.  Maybe I get you in the parking lot.  Or just maybe, I wait until March 6th in Lakefront Arena.

Paul Ellering:  Ted Dibiase… I got a little story to tell ya.  It’s a story by Mark Twain and it goes something like this.  There once was a big old cat that ran around the kitchen and got everything it wanted.  It gets petted.  It gets all the treats it wants.  Sounds a little like you Mr. Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase.  You are used to getting everything you want.  Well one day that cat runs across a hot stove and burns his little paws.    Now that cat never made that mistake again.  The cat never sits on a hot stove again but he also never sits on a cold one again.  He has learned how to survive but not to thrive.  That is what you are faced with Ted Dibiase.  You may survive tonight against JYD but I doubt you will thrive.  On March 6th,   I can guarantee that you will not thrive and I even doubt that you will survive.  You can only be a fat cat for so long before you run out of lives.    

Match #4

#1 Contenders Match for the Mid-South TV Title

Rick Steiner vs Mighty Goliath

The match was pretty even for the first few minutes but after that it was clear that Steiner’s conditioning and technical skill were far better then Goliath’s.  One of the more interesting parts of the match saw Eddie Gilbert look like he tried to trip Goliath but actually caught his own teammate with the trip and down went Rick.  It took Steiner a few minutes to regain the momentum but when he did, he was able to get the win after a big clothesline/legdrop combo.  Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt didn’t seem as excited as you would have expected for their young pupil and Steiner was left to celebrate on his own.

After the bout, Ted Dibiase with Shiek Adnan Al Kassie and the rest of the Million Dollar Corporation come to the podium.  With Rotundo and The Barbarians, this show of force was really an attempt by Dibiase to show all his competitors just how much firepower he really has to protect him. 

Gordon Solie:  I’m sure Mr. Dibiase that you hear the words of Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Paul Ellering just a short time ago.

Ted Dibiase:  To tell you the truth Gordon, I have stopped listening to those two.  For one, they talk in riddles.  It is like reading Dr. Suess.  Second, I have a match to get ready for.  I’ve been hearing all week that I’m in trouble.  Junkyard Dog tonight.  Jake Roberts in Lakefront Arena.  They say I can’t possible survive.  I can’t possibly still be the Louisiana Champion.  Isn’t that what being a champion does.  We fight the best every night.  That is exactly what I do and so far nobody has taken my title.  And guess what Gordon.  I plan on being the champion after March 6th.

Sheik Adnan begins to rant in Arabic until Gordon Solie can take no matter and sends us into a commercial break.

Before our main event match, Gordon Solie announces that both Scott Steiner and Hercules Hernandez have suffered only minor injuries and will not miss any scheduled matches.  He also says that the Mid-South Tag champs have asked and been granted a title match for March 6th in New Orleans against Ivan Koloff and Wahoo McDaniel.

Match #5

Louisiana Heavyweight Title Match

Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Junkyard Dog

JYD has all the fans pumped with his ring apron dance and dog chain swinging to Another One Bites the Dust.  Dibiase comes in much more subdued and simple points at the title around his waist.

As far as the match goes, it is hard to tell be the tactics who exactly is the babyface as this has nothing to do with wrestling.  From the second the bell sounded; this one was nothing but a pure Pier 6 Brawl!

The end saw JYD with all the momentum and Sheik jumping up on the apron to distract the ref.  While this was happening, Mike Rotundo was caught on camera soaking a white towel in some sort of liquid.  Gordon Solie was certain that his was the same liquid that proved to knock JYD out two weeks ago in New Orleans.  With the ref dealing with the Sheik, Rotundo tossed the towel to Dibiase. 

JYD intercepted the towel and tossed it to the side.

WHAM… Thump by JYD on Dibiase…

Ref turns sees JYD on top of Dibiase and starts the count.

1… 2…

WHAM…  Konga “The Barbarian” comes off the top rope with an elbow to the back of the head.

The ref immediately calls for the DQ but it doesn’t matter.  The Million Dolloar Corporation is all over JYD.  Sheik is actually got the towel and has it over JYD’s face. 

As JYD goes out, The Barbarians and Rotundo are kicking and mauling JYD.

Suddenly the crowd cheers.  It is Jake “The Snake.”  He simply drags Dibiase to the ring floor without anyone seeing as they are still beating JYD.  He gets Dibiase in a front chinlock.  Paul Ellering starts banging on the ring from the apron to get everone’s attention.  As everyone turns…

WHAM… DDT on the concrete floor by Snake on Dibiase.

The Million Dollar Corporation has a look of shock on their faces and rush to the aid of their leader.  Snake and Ellering simply walk away as there is a look of big concern for Dibiase.  Murdoch, Scott Steiner and Hercules Hernandez rush out to aid JYD…

The two factions look at each other but stay focused on their fallen allies instead of engaging each other.  Gordon Solie lets us all know that we are out of time and to join him next week at the same time and to get your tickets early for the big event in New Orleans for March 6th. 

Huge main event announced for March 6th in New Orleans. Dr Death & Hacksaw v Luger & Vader in a steel cage.

Super Destroyer is getting tired of waiting for his shot at the TV title.

Between all the craziness, The Genius picks up a solid win.

Rick becomes #1 contender to the TV title, some might say in spite of his teachers. After their "glowing endorsement" of their student, I hope Rick wins just so Eddie can pout about it.

Dibiase escapes JYD with his title but the Snake strikes him down in the aftermath.

Resolve it in the ring! Williams and Reed vs. Luger and Vader in a cage! OH YEA! 

Super D is getting very frustrated and might take it out on Duggan.

It's so easy to dislike Hot Stuff Inc, especially by the way they're treating Rick. 

All is well with the tag champs, until Wahoo and Uncle Ivan attack them with chains! 

Luger and Vader seem pretty confident that they're going to give Woman what she wants. We shall see.

Leaping Lanny was very innovating at this time. 

Gotta love the mind boggling promos by Jake and Ellering. 

Rick gets a TV title shot, no thanks to Hot Stuff Inc. Poor guy has to celebrate on his own. Not cool. 

LOL, Dibiase comparing Jake and Ellerings promos to Dr. Seuss was good stuff. 

Of course chaos breaks out in the main event, but the big moment comes when Jake DDT's Dibiase on the concrete. Damn! Dibiase might not make it to the Lakefront arena after all. 

A lot happening and some really big matches ahead at the Lakefront card. 

Mid South is still getting its footing with some of these guys... I will echo the same sentiment about Luger/Vader vs Williams/Reed n a cage. Big time main event. I always thought Luger and Vader w/ Harley Race would have been a helluva combo.

"Murdoch, Scott Steiner and Hercules Hernandez rush out to aid JYD… " - I always marked out when something like this happened... always cool to see the babyface come out to help another.

k3C3tyN.png?1

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING:  MARCH 6, 1988:  EPISODE #9

WfxdEuV.png

LAKEFRONT ARENA:  NEW ORLEANS

Super Destroyer defeats Irish Scott McGhee with a Superplex. 

Lanny Poffo defeats JT Southern with a Diving Top Rope Splash. 

Dick Murdoch defeats Mike Rotundo with Skandar Akbar by DQ but the Barbarians attacked Murdoch after he connected with the Brainbuster.  Murdoch had a rough time making it back to the locker room after the Pearl Harbor attack.

Junkyard Dog defeats Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt after he connected with a Big Thump.  Missy Hyatt and Eddie Gilbert tried every trick in the book, but the Dog could not be denied.  It even looked like Missy was calling to the back for reinforcements but Rick Steiner must have been preparing for his TV title match against Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

MID-SOUTH TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt defeats Hacksaw Duggan © with a German Suplex in a back-and-forth match that saw big power move after big power move.  Interesting thing here was that Missy Hyatt was content to just watch and shout encouragement but she pulled none of the nonsense that she tried early when Gilbert was facing JYD.  When Steiner was handed the belt, she did walk smugly around the ring like it was her doing but Eddie remained absent from the celebration.

MID-SOUTH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Scott Steiner & Hercules Hernandez © defeat Wahoo McDaniel & Ivan Koloff in a match that really showed the power and teamwork of the champions.  Wahoo and Ivan were quick to turn this one into a brawl and while both teams had a little blood by the end, the tag champs were never really in danger of losing their belts.  The end came with a running clothesline followed up by a backbreaker on Koloff by Hercules.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT- LOUISIANA TITLE MATCH

Ted Dibiase with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie defeated Jake Roberts with Precious Paul by count out after Jake “The Snake” Roberts once again connected with a DDT on Dibiase on the concrete floor.  Roberts then rolled Dibiase back into the ring and it looked like he was going to cover him for the easy title win.  Problem was the Sheik rushed over and grabbed his legs from under the ring and held on for all he was worth as the ref finished the 10-count. 

MAIN EVENT:  STEEL CAGE MATCH

Steve “Dr. Death” Williams & Hacksaw Butch Reed vs defeated Lex Luger & Vader with Woman in a brawl to end all brawls.  The finish saw Hacksaw Reed come of the top of the cage with a football tackle on Luger while Dr. Death and Vader were brawling on the other side of the ring.  As the three count was completed, you could almost see a glimpse of concern on Dr. Death that he might not be the man to take Luger’s title when all is said and done.    

Super D & Poffo get some shine.

The Barbarians beat down Murdoch to bail out Rotundo.

JYD Thumps Gilbert as Steiner leaves his "teacher" high & dry.

Speaking of Steiner, he captures the TV title and while Eddie boycotts the celebration Missy seems to be happier about it.

Steiner & Hercules retain over the grizzled veterans.

Kassie/Akbar help Debiase retain the Louisiana title.

Reed pins the champ and gets some side eye from Williams.

Super D and Poffo warm up the fans with solid showcases.

Looks like Murdoch is going to need a partner to deal with the Barbarians. 

Missy and Gilbert found out who they were dealing with as JYD got his thump on. 

WOW! Rick Steiner ends Duggan's TV title run. I had a feeling 1988 would be Rick's breakout year. I think he's ready to move on from Hot Stuff Inc. I wonder if Super D will want to still beat up Duggan or go after Steiner's TV title? 

Herc and Scott are really gelling as a team. Big time credibility with that win over Uncle Ivan and Wahoo. 

The Jake/Dibiase feud has been so well done. The finish keeps things going. I love how Jake looks strong while Dibiase manages to hang on to his title. 

Damn! What a match to end the night. Reed is a superstar! Nice little detail with Williams. You are the master of adding intrigue to the storylines. 

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #10:  March 11, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for turning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge.  Before we get to today’s show, I need to bring in Mid-South President, Ernie Ladd who has some information regarding our next big show on April 1st at the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans.  Welcome Ernie. 

Ernie Ladd:  Thanks Gordon.  Before I get to the April 1st show, I would like to once again thank the fans of New Orleans for there great hospitality last week.  It was another great event and for those of you who were not there, the main event saw Dr. Death and Hacksaw Butch Reed defeat Lex Luger and Big Van Vader in a steel cage match with Reed getting the pin over Vader.  Because of that win and his recent pin on Lex Luger, myself and the board of directors have decided that at the April 1st show, Butch Reed will get a Mid-South title shot against Lex Luger.  Also, because of Sheiks Adnan Al Kassie’s interference in the Louisianan Title bout last week in New Orleans, Jake “The Snake” Roberts has been granted a rematch against Ted Dibiase at that same show.  To make sure that Akbar does not interfere again, he will be handcuffed to the steel barrier surrounding the ring.  We will announce the other matches for this great card in the weeks to come.

Gordon Solie:  BRO-ther.  That card is shaping up to be one great event.  Also fans, for those of you who were not with us at the Lakefront Arena, we do have a new Mid-South Television Champion as Rick Steiner defeated Hacksaw Jim Duggan.  As for tonight, I can ensure the fans here in Baton Rouge, that you will also be treated to a great show.  The Barbarians will be taking on Cajun Joey Jackson and Rocky King.   Jake “The Snake” Roberts will be taking on The Nightmare.  It will be The Super Destroyer vs Mighty Goliath.  Sweet Brown Sugar will be making his debut as he takes on The Brooklyn Brawler and in our main event, it will be a rematch for the Mid-South Television title as Hacksaw Jim Duggan tries to regain his title against Rick Steiner.  That and much, much more.   It looks like we are ready for our first match.  Let’s head to the ring. 

MATCH #1

The Barbarians with Skeik Adnan destroy Cajun Joey Jackson & Rocky King with the end coming after a top rope diving shoulder block by Konga

After the bout, a quick interview with the winners has Akbar fuming not only about being handcuffed to a steel barricade during the upcoming rematch in Lakefront Arena but also that nothing has been done to Jake Roberts after another DDT on Dibiase on the concrete floor.  Sheik goes on to announce that Ted Dibiase has a severe swelling on the brain and is unable to be here today.    

Next Sheik focuses on the Barbarians.  He explains that his Barbarians attacked Murdoch last week in New Orleans because of the disgusting tactics that Murdoch used, in a travesty of justice, against their stablemate, Mike Rotundo.  While Sheik was doing all the talking, The Barbarians were making some sick noises and were contorting their faces in all sorts of ways that they both had Gordon Solie very concerned for his well-being.

COMMERCIALIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR ALEXANDRIA (RAPIDES PARISH COLISEUM)

When we come out of break, Eddie Gilbert, Missy Hayatt and Rick Steiner are at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Well Mr. Steiner, you must be very proud that you are the new Mid-South TV champion? 

Eddie Gilbert:  Please Gordon, we’ve been through this.  Direct your questions to Missy or myself.

Gordon Solie:  Ok, how do you two feel about Rick being the new Mid- South TV champion.

Missy Hyatt:  How do you think we feel.  We are like proud parents. All of our hard work has paid off as Rick has gone from a very raw, inexperienced wrestler to a champion, even if it is only the Television championship.

Eddie Gilbert:  I am all for Rick trying his hand at the singles thing as long as he remembers that the real goal is taking those tag team titles off his brother and that other numbskull Hercules Hernanadez.

Gordon Solie:  ok then. It seems like nothing here has changed.  Let’s go back to the ring.

MATCH #2

Jake “The Snake” Roberts with Paul Ellering defeats The Nightmare (Ted Allen) with a DDT

After to the match, Roberts and Ellering head to the podium. 

Gordon Solie:  Congratulations gentlemen but I am sure you don’t really won’t to talk about tonight. 

Paul Ellering:  Gordon, you are very astute.  While we beat the Nightmare tonight, it’s the nightmare of Lakefront Arena that has been weighing on our minds.  Jake clearly had Dibiase defeated last week.  The Louisiana title was ours. But Akbar once again stuck his nose where it doesn’t belong.  He grabbed Jake’s leg and the incompetence of the referee disqualified my man.  Things happen… sometime bad things happen but what goes around comes around.  Remember that Sheik.  Remember that Dibiase!  Your time is coming. 

Jake Roberts:  No rhymes this week.  No riddles this week.  Just cold hard facts.  Dibiase, the last two times we’ve seen each other, I have nearly cracked your skull.  DDT’s on the concrete floor.  You may still have your title but you keep messing with the Snake, you might not have the ability to think anymore.  How important will your money be then?  At least you will be able to pay a nurse to feed you baby food and change your diapers.  April 1st… Lakefront Arena… DDT #3!

After Snake and Ellering, leave, Hacksaw Jim Duggan heads to the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Hacksaw… I’m sure that you are very focused on winning your television title back tonight.

Hacksaw Duggan:  Gordon… I’m taking nothing away from Rick Steiner.  He beat me fair and square last week in New Orleans.  The best thing about sports is there’s always another match.  Today, I’m going to give it everything I got to prove that last week was a fluke.

After the break, Woman, Luger and Vader are at the podium.

Woman:  Gordon, baby, I’m sure you’re just as frustrated as we are. Butch Reed has returned to Mid-South Wrestling and within a few weeks, he has earned a Mid-South title shot.  Gordon, we all know that it’s you who is really the brains around here.  You must talk some sense into Ernie Ladd.

Gordon Solie:  Sorry, I’m just an announcer and to give you my honest opinion, Hacksaw Butch Reed is a very deserving competitor, who in fact, has actually pinned your champion since his return.

Lex Luger:  Gordon, we all know that was in a tag match and it was a complete fluke.  What I can promise you is that on April 1st, I will walk out of the Lakefront Arena as the Mid-South Champion.  I’m the Total Package and Hack Butch Reed is nothing but someone we call former champ.

Gordon Solie:  That’s Hacksaw Butch Reed

Woman:  Gordon… some respect please.

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  Let’s get back to the action.

Match #3

Super Destroyer defeats Mighty Goliath with a double leg drop from the top rope

After the bout, Super Destroyer is at the podium where he still has his sights on Hacksaw Duggan.  He said he doesn’t care if Duggan is the television champion or not.  Duggan is going to pay.  When Gordon asks Super Destroyer about his obsession with defeating Duggan, Super Destroyer let’s everyone know that he will explain his reasons when he is good and ready but that Duggan knows why.

When we come out of break, Gordon Solie hypes up the next match and lets everyone know that if they are unfamiliar with Sweet Brown Sugar, they are in for a real treat. 

Match #4

Sweet Brown Sugar defeats the Brooklyn Brawler with a Missile Dropkick

After the match, Dick Murdoch is at the podium with Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie:  Dick, last week in New Orleans, you had a big win over Mike Rotundo only to be attacked Akbar’s Barbarians.

Dick Murdoch:  (Picture Murdoch in one of his great screaming and spitting promos as he is fired up)  Gordon… no matter what we do around here, there just seems to be a lot of garbage going on.  The good guys win a match and scum like Sheik Adnan finds some way to take that away from you.  Well, I’m from Waxahachie, Texas and my Daddy taught me one thing.  Never back down.  If they want a fight, I’m sure as heck going to give them one.  My Daddy told me it doesn’t matter if there’s 3 or 4 of them, Fight!  Fight till you can’t fight no more.  Well Daddy… I’ve also learned a thing or two on my own.  It’s always better to bring a friend or two with you to that fight.  That’s just what I’m going to do.  Barbarians… April 1…. Lakefront Arena…. You two goons vs my and the man I trust the most in this business…  Let’s see if your as brave as you think you are. 

Gordon tries to get Murdoch to reveal who he might bring in for the fight with the Barbarians but Murdoch just storms off. 

Match #5

Mid-South Television Title Match

Rick Steiner © with Missy Hyatt vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Just like at Lakefront Arena, Missy and Eddie Gilbert offer no help to Rick Steiner.  Also, just like at Lakefront Arena, the lines between heel and babyface are blurred.  Steiner uses a lot of power moves but stays pretty technical.  Duggan wants to turn this into a brawl from the opening bell.  In the end, we get a really exciting match that ends when Super Destroyer hits the ring and goes right after Hacksaw Duggan. The ref calls for the bell and awards the match to Duggan by DQ but Steiner retained the belt.

Really interesting thing here was that Steiner seemed upset at the Super Destroyer and went to aid Duggan.  This didn’t sit well with Eddie Gilbert who demanded that Steiner take his belt and head to the back.  Steiner seemed to stare about Hot Stuff for a second or two before listening. 

What Steiner did though was give Duggan a moment to regroup and he was now ready to square off with the Destroyer.  These two gave the fans everything they could want with a 2-minunte brawl.  Just as we were running out of time, the fans saw Duggan connect with a big football tackle on Super D.    

Reed earns a title shot in record time. I wonder what Williams thinks about this? I liked Woman & Luger running to Solie trying to get out of it.

Roberts gets a rematch with Dibiase with the Shiek handcuffed at ringside. That is of course if the swelling in Ted's brain goes down in time 

SBS arrives with a win.

Absolutely fire promo from Murdoch. The Barbarians better be ready for a fight.

So Super Destroyer's going after Duggan was personal after all? So personal he costs Duggan a chance to regain the TV title.

Speaking of which, Missy & Eddie are getting very blatant with their dissing of Steiner. Let's see how long the big guy takes it.

I have to say, running Memphis and Mid-South as two separate entities is kind of a major undertaking but reading offerings from both places, you pull it off well, capturing the essence of both territories. Kudos to you for that. I did enjoy this.

A spitting sputtering Dick Murdoch made me laugh as I could picture that in my head.

The April 1st show is a must see with some very good match-ups already. Looking forward to it.

Reed's on a roll and Ladd's going to give us the money making title match with Luger. 

Damn, the Barbarians are intimidating! I know Hot Stuff Inc wants the tag titles, but Herc and Steiner better be watching out for the Barbarians.

Man, Missy and Gilbert are so annoying! Give Rick some respect. 

No riddles, just facts. Jake's words are menacing. 

As usual, Woman and Luger are full of confidence. 

I wonder what Duggan did to piss off Super D? The man is obsessed on destroying Duggan. 

SWB arrives and excites.

LOL, love the promo image of Murdoch. I remember these types of promos. I'm trying to figure out who Murdoch's bringing in. 

Steiner retains in a disappointing fashion, but the scene ends with a wild Duggan/Super D brawl.

Mid South has a lot of great well built storyline feuds going on. Everybody's involved in something. 

No idea how you're keeping up with both promotions and both shows and all the talent. I really like the Woman and Luger pairing. Going back - her value as a manager is supremely underrated. She is also peak fire right now. Rick Steiner vs Duggan is a dream match for Bobby Heenan or Jesse Ventura lol. These two tough guys won't let the other budge and quite frankly I don't blame them. Supremecy is hard to come by with this group and these two have got the toughness to hold their own.

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #11:  March 18, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for turning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Rapides Parish Coliseum in Alexandria.  Before we get to today’s show, I need to bring in Mid-South President, Ernie Ladd who has some information regarding our next big show on April 1st at the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans.  Welcome Ernie. 

Ernie Ladd:  Thanks Gordon.  First of all, I would like to discuss the Mid-South Heavyweight Title Match between Lex Luger and Hacksaw Butch Reed.  I’ve been listening to both sides complaining about the outside interference that seems to be constantly going on here.  Woman and Lex have expressed their concern about Dr. Death getting involved in the action and we have all seen how Vader seems to rush the ring every time Lex is any trouble.  Now, I know I am constantly talking about how at Mid-South, we solve our problems in the ring but we also need to make sure our matches are held under equal conditions for all.  Especially if these matches are title matches.  So, I’ve decided that these matches will need a special referee to control the action at Lakefront Arena on April 1st.  Next week, I will announce who that guest referee is.  

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Ladd, that seems like a great idea.  I also here you have an announcement on who will challenge for the Mid-South tag titles at the Lakefront Coliseum. 

Ernie Ladd:  I was just getting to that.  For the past few weeks Eddie Gilbert has been claiming that he and Rick Steiner are in line for a title shot.  It seems like the Board of Directors agrees.  At the Lakefront Arena, it will be the champions, Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner vs Eddie Gilbert and Rick Steiner. 

Gordon Solie:  Oh BRO-ther…. Literally.  This is going to be real interesting.  We’ll have a rundown of the entire event for the Lakefront Arena at the end of tonight’s show.  Speaking of tonight’s show, fans, you are in for a really great hour of wrestling.  The tag team champions will be taking on “Iron” Mike Sharpe and the Assassin.  Sweet Brown Sugar is looking to continue his unbeaten streak, but he is stepping up in competition as he takes on the Super Destroyer.  Lanny Poffo will square off against the Italian Stallion.  Lex Luger will face a big challenge today as he faces Mighty Goliath.  If that is not enough Dick Murdoch and Junkyard Dog will take on the Barbarians.  Looks like we’re ready for action.  Let’s get to the ring.

MATCH #1

MID-SOUTH TAG TITLE MATCH

Hercules Hernandez & Scott Steiner © defeat “Iron” Mike Sharpe & The Assassin when Sharpe surrendered to the full nelson by Hercules.  This match saw a lot of entertaining pose downs and tests of strengths that Mike Sharpe started but Hercules and Steiner finished. 

After the bout both Hercules and Steiner hype up their title bout with Eddie Gilbert and Rick Steiner.  Scott says he is disappointed that it has gotten this far with his brother, but he completely blames Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt.  He vows to give it 100% against Rick and would expect nothing less in return from his brother. 

COMMERCIALIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR LAFAYETTE  (CAJUNDOME)

When we come out of break, Woman, Lex Luger, and Vader are at the podium

Gordon Solie:  Woman, I just want to ask what your thoughts are that there will be a special guest referee at the Lakefront Arena for Lex’s title match with Hacksaw Butch Reed.    

Woman:  To tell you the truth Gordon, Baaby, does it matter.  Lex Luger is The Total Package.  Lex Luger is the Champion for a reason.  To me it’s irrelevant who the referee is.  Also, do you think I would allow any nonsense from Dr. Death no matter who the referee is.  One last thing Gordon… Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

Gordon tries to get Woman to give more details on when and by who she was scorned but Lex and Vader take over the interview.  Luger, flexing and talking calmly, explains what he is going to do to Reed while Vader is much louder and demonstrative in his discussion of the beatdown he is going to give to Dr. Death. 

MATCH #2

Super Destroyer defeats Sweet Brown Sugar with the Superplex

Post-match interview: 

Gordon Solie:  Last week, you sir, interfered in Hacksaw Duggan’s attempt to regain the Mid-South tv title. 

Super Destroyer:  Gordon, I’ve been telling anyone around here who would listen, that Duggan and I have unfinished business.  In this business there are runners and there are fighters.  I’ve know Duggan for a long time and I every time I’m around, he runs.  Look at how long I’ve been trying to get him in the ring.

Suddenly, Hacksaw Jim Duggan comes out and confronts Super Destroyer.

Gordon Solie:  Hacksaw, please… this is not the time nor the place.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan  (fuming over Super D interfering in his match last week against Rick Steiner and costing him a chance at regaining his TV title):  You keep coming out here week after week and getting in my business.  Last week you crossed the line.  You keep talking about how we got unfinished business.  Well that might be the first honest thing you said or done since you got to Mid-South Wrestling.  With you being the coward that you are

Super Destroyer:  Coward…

Hacksaw Jim Duggan:  Yes coward… you’re the one hiding behind the mask.

The two come together but the locker room empties to keep these two big men apart.

Gordon Solie:  BRO-THER… This situation is out of control and something needs to be done. 

COMMERCIALIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR LAFAYETTE  (CAJUNDOME)

After the break, Hacksaw Butch Reed and Dr. Death are at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  I guess that the next event at the Lakefront Arena has just gotten even more interesting.

Dr. Death:  You got that right Gordon.  I would like to thank Mr. Ladd for finally coming up with a real way of stopping all the nonsense from Woman and here gang of cheaters and that something is me and Lex taking care of business!

Gordon Solie:  In order for that to happen Dr., first you need to defeat Vader.

Dr. Death:  That won’t be a problem.  I beat him here on TV just a few weeks ago and now at Lakefront Arena, I will do it again.  Also, I can guarantee you that nothing will stop me from making sure we get a fair Mid-South Title Match.

Hacksaw Butch Reed:  Dr. Death… I would like to thank you in advance for making sure I get a fair title shot and I know you will make quick work of Vader…. And Lex Luger… BROTHER… you aint got a prayer now of leaving with that Mid-South title!  You know and I know that I am the better man.  Even Woman knows I am the better man.  Just ask here about Chicago!

Match #3

Lanny Poffo defeats the Italian Stallion with a Frog Splash

When we come out of break, Jake Roberts and Paul Ellering are at the podium where Gordon Solie informs that that Mid-South doctors still have not cleared Ted Dibiase to wrestle and that his Louisiana Title match for April 1st might be in jeopardy.  Before Snake can respond, Ernie Ladd appears. 

Ernie Ladd:  Gordon, hold on just a minute.  The reason that Ted Dibiase has not been cleared to wrestle is that he has not shown up to any of our doctor appointments, so we have not had a chance to evaluate him.  I have a feeling that Mr. Dibiase is trying to get out of his Louisiana Title defense at Lakefront Arena against Jake “The Snake” Roberts.  I’ve said it a million times here.  We, at Mid-South Wrestling, solve our issues in the ring.  If Mr. Dibiase fails to show up next week to be evaluated, he will be striped of his title.

Jake Roberts:  Oh, what a wicked web we weave when we try to deceive.  Ted Dibiase… round and round you go …. in your own mind that is.  One moment you think you’re on top of the world.  The next moment everything in your universe comes crashing down.  You have come to the realization that you cannot defeat me so ….. what do you do… you run… you hide… you make up excuses on why you can’t come to work.  Well, the time has arrived for you to make a decision.  Show up to Lakefront Arena on April 1st and you’ll have your head slammed against the floor after another DDT.  I will leave the arena with the Louisiana Title.  Choice #2… Don’t show and allow everyone to see the coward that you truly are and then I will simply become the champion.  As you see Dibiase… two choices… same result.  Are you a man or a mouse?

Paul Ellering:  Oh Jake… For once I may disagree with you.  Not the fact that you will soon be the Louisiana Heavyweight Champion but in your last question… Is Ted Dibiase a man or a mouse.  Did he not walk out on Steve “Dr. Death” Williams and take Sheik’s money?  Does he not have a number of henchmen do his dirty work for him?  Does he not use a loaded black glove when the going gets tough.  Has he not basically been in the witness protection program sense he last met you.  The answer is clear Jake.  Ted Dibiase is a mouse! And one last thing to ponder Dibiase.  What is a Snake’s favorite food?  That’s right… MICE!    

Match #4

Mid-South Title Match

Lex Luger defeats Mighty Goliath with a Running Lariat.  Interesting thing here was that Lex seemed to want to continue his attack on Goliath but he quickly left when Hacksaw Butch Reed came out to confront him.   

After the match, JYD and Dick Murdoch are at the podium to hype up tonight’s main event.  Gordon also wants to know is JYD going to be Murdoch’s partner at Lakefront Arena.  Murdoch simply smiles and leaves everyone wondering who has brought in.  Last time he said he had a mystery partner it was Hacksaw Butch Reed.  Who could be next to help him in his war with the Barbarians?

Before our main event, Sheik Adnan Al Kassie and the Barbarians are at the podium.  While the Barbarians have a big match tonight, Sheik is focused on the health of his Louisiana Heavyweight Champion, Ted Dibiase and what Ernie Ladd had to say about the situation earlier in the show.  He is fuming at the idea that Dibiase is ducking Jake Roberts and threatens to sue Ernie Ladd for demanding that he show up to work while having a severe injury.

Match #5

Main Event

“Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch & JYD vs The Barbarians with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

As the match gets set, Gordon Solie wonders if this is just a glimpse of what is to come at Lakefront Arena as he wonders if JYD is going to be Murdoch’s mystery partner on that day.  As for the match, it is pretty even.  The Barbarians do hold a power advantage, but everyone knows Murdoch and JYD are tough as nails and have some pretty big moves themselves.  Back and forth we go until Sheik jumps up on the apron to distract the ref.

WHAM… From behind, it is Mike Rotundo with a chair shot to JYD who is on the apron and never saw him coming.

With JYD now on the floor, it is basically 4 on 1.  Is seems like The Million Dollar Corporation is going to do everything it can from Murdoch ever getting to the Lakefront Arena.

Here comes Jake Roberts and Paul Ellering… While the sides are a little more even, JYD is still on the floor and Murdoch is down.  Sheik, Murdoch and the Barbarians are now all over Ellering and Roberts.

Solie wonders if this was all a plan to get to the Snake as the Pier 6 Beating continues. 

Gordon Solie:  Fans, this is turning real bad, real fast.  It seems like Sheik Adnan Al Kassie was once again one step ahead in this game of minds.  I just hope Murdoch, JYD and the Snake can make it to New Orleans in two weeks.  Make sure to join us again next week. So long from the Pelican State.

As is becoming his habit, Ladd starts us off with some big announcements. A special ref for the matches involving Woman's men and Hot Stuff Inc get their tag title shot. 

Speaking of the tag titles. The champs are ready for the fight and Scott is determined to get through to his brother.

Woman didn't take long to come up with a plan.

Duggan and Super D are ready to tear each other apart.

Poffo with another win.

Ladd gives Dibiase an ultimatum, show up in New Orleans or be stripped of your title.

Luger fells the Goliath.

Dibiase may not be present but the Million Dollar Corporation shows they're still a force to be reckoned with as they beat down Murdoch, JYD, Roberts and Ellering.

Ohhh ... the Steiners opposite of each other in a tag title match. Now, that is interesting. This could go in so many different ways. Looking forward to that for sure.

I'm thinking Luger and Reed in a Lumberjack match might be a better way to control the interference.

Was there something missing from the JYD/Murdoch interview? It ends with an "and" then nothing before moving on to a commercial break. Inquiring minds want to know!

It's going to happen, brother vs. brother! I agree with Gordon, BRO-ther! 

Woman always has an ace up her sleeve. However, I'm sure Reed's ready for anything. 

I'm really enjoying the Super D/Duggan feud. It's a great story and that sells.

Williams is pretty confident he'll take Vader. I'm wondering what happens if Reed wins the title. The intrigue continues.

Jake and Ellering could talk for hours. With Dibiase under the radar, these guys have done an outstanding job selling the match with just their words. 

Luger gets in a good tune up and wants more but Reed reminds him he's always watching. 

Always funny getting an outburst from Adnan. 

It's Mid South, so the main event needs a bit of chaos and man do we get it. Adnan's Army wins this round, We'll see what happens in New Orleans. 

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #12:  March 25, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for turning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana.  Before we get to today’s show, I need to bring you back to the end of our show last week. 

VTR of locker rooms emptying to keep Super Destroyer and Hacksaw Jim Duggan apart.  

Gordon Solie:  Oh BRO-ther…. As you just saw, we narrowly escaped a real donnybrook there but these two are going to meet in Lakefront Arena on April 1st, but more on the later.  In fact, we will give a complete rundown of that huge event later in the show.  I’ve had a chance to look at the entire card and it’s not something to be missed.  As for tonight’s show, we have a great hour instore for you.  We’ll see Hacksaw Jim Duggan take on the Nightmare.  The Barbarians are looking to continue their winning ways against Shane Jackson and Rocky Duke.  And fans… listen to this main event… It will be Jake “The Snake” Roberts squaring off against Million Dollar Corporation member Mike Rotundo.

MATCH #1

Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeats The Nightmare with a football tackle.

After the bout, Ernie Ladd and Hacksaw Jim Duggan are with Gordon Solie.

Gordon Solie:  Well Hacksaw, last week you and Super Destroyer nearly came to blows.  He’s talking about some unfinished business between you and him.

Hacksaw Duggan:  Gordon… To tell you the truth, I’ve no idea what Super Destroyer is talking about.  I don’t even know who he is.  He comes out here week after week hiding behind that mask.  If I knew who he was, I could tell you the problem between the two of us.  All I know is he cost me a fair shot at Rick Steiner and that Mid-South television title. 

Ernie Ladd:  Hacksaw, I agree with you on this and that is why I’ve added two stipulations to your match with Super Destroyer at Lakefront Arena.  If you win, Super Destroyer must unmask and reveal who he is.  (Hacksaw shakes his head in approval).  Now, we all know how much his mask means to him so we need to balance out the importance of this match.  So, if you Mr. Duggan, lose to Super Destroyer, you will not be able to wrestle in the state of Louisiana for the remainder of 1988.  (Suddenly Duggan seems not as happy as he was a minute ago)

Hacksaw seems to ponder for a moment and then shakes his head with approval and responds, “Deal” before walking off.

Gordon Solie:  This week’s spectacular at Lakefront Arena just gets better and better.

Ernie Ladd:  That’s not all.  Gordon, last week I said that the Mid-South Title Match between Lex Luger and Butch Reed needed a special referee to keep order.  I truly struggled to find a person who was both impartial and able to control these two super athletes.  So, let the victory go the spoils.  Dr. Death and Vader will be facing each other earlier in the night.  I have decided that the winner of that match will be the special referee for the title match. 

Gordon Solie:  Very interesting.  Very interesting indeed. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR LAKEFRONT ARENA

When we come out of break, Woman, Lex Luger, and Vader are at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Woman, I’m sure you ‘re out here to respond to what Mr. Ladd just announced.  What are your thoughts about the fact that Vader’s match with Dr. Death at the Lakefront Arena now determines the special guest referee for Lex’s title match with Hacksaw Butch Reed.   

Woman:  To tell you the truth, it doesn’t matter.  Lex Luger is The Total Package.  Lex Luger is the Champion for a reason.  Hacksaw Butch Reed has been bouncing around the country looking for work.  While I have complete confidence that Vader will defeat Dr. Death… to me it is irrelevant who the referee is.  Also, do you think I would allow any nonsense from Dr. Death whether he is the referee or not.  One last thing Gordon.  Do I look like a Woman who doesn’t have a plan?

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  Now last week, Hacksaw Butch Reed made a comment about how even you know that he is a better man that Lex Luger and he referenced Chicago.  Can you elaborate on that?

Woman:  No.

Woman and her crew walk away as Gordon seems puzzled by her response and then gets us back to the ring for our next match.   

MATCH #2

The Barbarians with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie defeat Shane Jackson and Rocky Duke with a face-first suplex from Nord.   

After the match, Ted Dibiase (with his head wrapped in a bandage and a neck brace on) joins Sheik Adnan Al Kassie and Mike Rotundo at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Mr. Dibiase, I see that you are here tonight which means that you are going to be evaluated by Mid-South doctors.  If you are cleared to wrestle, you will face Jake “The Snake” Roberts for the Louisiana Heavyweight Title on the line.  If you are not cleared, you will be stripped of your title and the belt will be handed to one Mr. Roberts.

Ted Dibiase:  Hold on a minute Gordon.  As we all know, I am a very wealthy man and with my money, I have all of the best people working for me.  That includes the best lawyer money can buy.  As you can see by this letter, that Rufus Buckley, the greatest lawyer in the South, has filed a lawsuit in the Louisiana State Circuit Court in the amount of $1,000,000 against Ernie Ladd and Mid-South Wrestling for forcing an injured wrestler to compete in a match.  Gordon, it doesn’t take a genius to see that I have a severe concussion and have damaged my neck.  I think Ernie Ladd had better rethink his demands.

Suddenly, Ernie Ladd comes back out.

Ernie Ladd:  Dibiase… A million dollar lawsuit?  Now you have my attention.  Maybe you are truly injured.  Maybe we should delay your match against Jake “The Snake” Roberts.

Ted Dibiase: (Smirking) Ladd… you better start to realize who runs Mid-South Wrestling and what I’m capable of.

Ernie Ladd:  Dibiase… um Mr. Diabiase… I do realize what you are capable of and that is why we’ve had a provite investigator following you all week.

Dibiase suddenly has a confused look.  Ladd pulls out pictures of Dibiase driving around a neighborhood without a neck brace or bandages.  Other pictures show Dibiase working out in a weight room and finally, we see Dibiase with Sheik holding the neck brace and laughing like they have just come up with the biggest hoax in history.

Ernie Ladd:  Dibiase… how low will you stoop.  My guess is it includes forging a fake legal document from Rufus Buckley.  Now if you want to be the Louisiana Heavyweight Champion after April 1st, find a legal way to defeat Jake “The Snake” Roberts.

Ladd walks off as Dibiase, Sheik and Rotundo look dumbfounded.  Gordon Solie can only shake his head in disgust at what Dibiase just tried to get away with.   

After the break, Hacksaw Butch Reed and Dr. Death are at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  I guess that the next event at the Lakefront Arena has just gotten even more interesting.

Dr. Death:  You got that right Gordon.  I would like to thank Mr. Ladd for finally coming up with a real way of stopping all the nonsense from Woman and her gang of cheaters … and that something is me! 

Gordon Solie:  In order for that to happen Dr. Death,  you’ll first need to defeat Vader.

Dr. Death:  That won’t be a problem.  I beat him here on TV just a few weeks ago and now at Lakefront Arena, I’ll do it again.  Once I get that referee shirt on, I can guarantee you that nothing will stop me from making sure Hacksaw gets a fair Mid-South Title Match.

Hacksaw Butch Reed:  Lex Luger… there is only one man to hold the NWA, UWF and Mid-South Title for more that 250 days… and that’s me.  The only reason I’m not still champion is because you cheated.  Now, after a short absence, I’m here to take back what is rightfully mine.  I would also like to thank Ernie Ladd and Dr. Death in advance for making sure that Woman doesn’t get a chance to stick her nose where it don’t belong.  Gordon… I heard you ask here about Chicago!!  I guess what happens in Chicago stays in Chicago if you know what I mean.

Gordon Solie:  Indeed Hacksaw, Indeed.  Let’s get back to the ring. 

Match #3

Mid-South TV Title Match

Rick Steiner © with Missy Hyatt defeats Sweet Brown Sugar in impressive fashion with the German Suplex

After the bout, Gordon Solie again tries to get a word with Rick Steiner about both his time as Mid-South TV champ and about his upcoming tag team title match against his brother and Hercules Hernandez but Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt once again cut him off.  Eddie seems frustrated at all the time Rick is devoting to this TV title and that he better be ready for the tag match in Lakefront Arena.

When we come out of break, Jake Roberts and Paul Ellering.   

Jake Roberts:  Dibiase… I think you tried to sue the wrong person.  Your lawsuit should not be with Mid-South Wrestling.  It should be with your doctor.  You say my DDT on the concrete floor caused a concussion.  You say that my DDT on the concrete floor caused a severe neck injury.  Neither of these are truly your medical issues.  What you have is Ophidiophobia.  Oh yes… Ophidiophobia… a fear of Snakes!  Be careful, I heard the Snake in Lakefront Arena on April 1st is deadly!!

Paul Ellering:  Dibiase… I will admit that my time in this sport has been spent with some of the greatest of all time.  The Road Warriors… Animal and Hawk… truly devastating.  Jake Roberts… one of the most lethal men in all of wrestling… and Ted Dibiase… yes, Ted, we have spent a lot of time together of late and you are one of the greatest of all time…. The greatest at trying to buy your way out of a fight.  You’ve had Mike Rotundo attack Jake.  You’ve had Nord attack Jake.  You’ve had Konga attack Jake.  You’ve even had that fat slob of a manager, Sheik Adnan Al Kassie attack Jake.  Now when you have run out of minions to do your work, you try this scheme you pulled tonight.  You truly are great Mr. Dibiase.  A great big fraud!  Come April 1st when your head hits that concrete floor for a 3rd time, you will be the greatest loser!

When Gordon reminds Snake not to overlook his match tonight against Mike Rotundo, Jake simply says that he is always ready to strike.  Then he walks away with that wicked smile of his.

Next, Dick Murdoch and JYD join Gordon Solie and they are  once again fuming about the Barbarians and their attack last week on JYD.  Murdoch, continuous on his rant like Gordon isn’t even there and he vows to bring an unstoppable force with his to Lakefront Arena and make sure the Barbarians pay for what they did to his friend JYD.  Again, when asked by Gordon who his mystery partner for that bout is, Murdoch says that he hoped that he would have been here tonight but that everyone is just going to have to wait for New Orleans. 

Match #5:  Main Event

Jake “The Snake” Roberts with Paul Ellering vs Mike Rotundo with Precious Paul Ellering  

Unfortunately for Jake, this match was all just a big set up to try and make sure that he doesn’t make it to Lakefront Arena.  After just a couple of minutes, The Barbarians and an unbandaged, un-neck-braced- Ted Dibiase hit the ring and are all over Snake.  With the numbers just too much, Snake soon sees himself on the bottom.  Dibiase locks in the Figure 4 and Konga is climbing to the top rope.  Gordon warns that if Konga crashes down on Snake he could very well break his legs.

WHAM… Murdoch shoves Konga off the top rope.  JYD hits the ring and he is brawling with Rotundo but the numbers are still are problem for the fan favorites.  There is a roar from the crowd…

Gordon Solie:  Fans… look at this… It’s the Bad Man for Borger, Texas.  Stan Hansen is here!  Big Lariat on Nord and he goes flying from the ring.  Lariat to Sheik and there he goes.  Powerslam by JYD on Konga.  Konga rolls away.  What a turn of events.  Murdoch, JYD, Snake and yes, Stan Hansen have Ted Dibiase surrounded. 

As they close in on Dibiase, Sheik is able to grab his legs and drag him to safety.  The heels are left outside the ring with the fan favorites daring them to fight.

Gordon Solie:  Fans… what an hour this has been.  I can also assure you that the matches are better in person.  If you are anywhere near New Orleans on April 1st head to Lakefront Arena for a tremendous night of wrestling.  So long from the Pelican State.

LAKEFRONT ARENA

APRIL 1

The Grappler vs Rocky King

(MASK VS CONTRACT MATCH)

Super Destroyer vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan:  Super D’s mask is on the line

New Orleans Street Fight

The Barbarians with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs “Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch & Stan Hansen

Winner is the Special Guest Referee for tonight's Mid-South Title Match

Vader with Woman vs Dr. Death Steve Williams

Mid-South Tag Team Title Match

Scott Steiner & Hercules Hernandez © vs Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner with Missy Hyatt

Louisiana Title Match

Ted Dibiase with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Mid South Title Match with Dr. Death as Special Guest Referee

Lex Luger © with Woman vs Hacksaw Butch Reed