Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-South Wrestling Revolution

kevinmcfl

Big win by Manny Fernandez over Vader. A chair swinging Woman proves that Vader is soft and should likely never show his face again in Mid-South or will likely be laughed out of the locker room.

Rick Steiner finds himself in even deeper with Eddie Gilbert now that he's hired or lured two new associates into his employee. Though I would count him out just yet, Steiner's run with the TV title might be just a tad shorter than it would have been without Gilbert and Hyatt involved.

When even a cage match with Ted DiBiase  isn't enough to keep someone from interfering, it might be time to move onto something else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #18:  May 13, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for turning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Memorial Coliseum in Shreveport, Louisiana.  Before we get to tonight’s action, we must first fill you in on some of the major events that happened last Saturday night at the Lakefront Arena.  To do that best, let’s bring in the Mid-South President, Ernie Ladd.

Ernie Ladd:  Thank you Gordon.  Last Saturday night was another huge success for Mid-South Wrestling but there are a few things that need to be discussed as we go forward.  First, we do have new Mid-South Tag Team Champions.  The Barbarians defeated Hercules Hernandez and Scott Steiner in a thrilling match.

Gordon Solie:  Let me interrupt if I may.  This defeat may have had something to do with Scott Steiner being involved in a brawl before the match started as he tried to help his brother Rick who was being attacked by Eddie Gilbert and, as far as I could tell, two new members of Hot Stuff Incorporated.

Ernie Ladd:  You bring up a good point and I would like to hear from Eddie Gilbert later in the show.  As far as Hercules Hernandez is concerned, he understands how important family is for Scott Steiner and he has decided to give Scott some time to deal with this.  Hercules thought it would be best for all if he moved on from Mid-South for a while.  (a groan from the fans)

Gordon Solie:  Truly a huge loss for Mid-South. 

Ernie Ladd:  That’s for sure Gordon but that is not the only loss.  For those of you at Lakefront Arena, you saw one of the greatest steel cage matches in wrestling history as the Louisiana Heavyweight Champion, Ted Dibiase survived against Jake “The Snake” Roberts. 

Gordon Solie:  Again, it seemed like Dibiase was saved by his bodyguard, Alofa.

Ernie Ladd:  Another good point and I had a long discussion with both Jake and his manager Paul Ellering about that and, while I felt bad about how the match ended, I did point out to Jake and Paul that this was a no disqualification match and there was nothing I could do about it.  (Again the fans express their displeasure) 

Gordon Solie:  I do see that Jake is not on today’s card.

Ernie Ladd:  Yes, unfortunately, neither Jake nor Paul Ellering have been seen since that night in New Orleans.  They did not show up for their matches all week.  It seems like Jake and Paul have decided to move on from Mid-South.  (The fans are now fuming)

Gordon Solie:  I must say Mr. Ladd, this has been a tough week for the fans of Mid-South.

Suddenly Hacksaw Butch Reed comes out to the podium…(he is able to calm the fans just be his appearance)

Gordon Solie:  Hacksaw, is there something we can do for you.

Hacksaw Butch Reed:  Gordon there is nothing you can do for me.  Ernie Ladd is the one I need to speak to…. Ernie Ladd, I know you and I have had some real problems in the past but lately we’ve been on the same page…. For the second straight time, Snowman has cost me the Mid-South Title.  I want him in the ring…. No, I need him in the ring at the next Lakefront Arena event.  He’s been talking for weeks about not only me but you also.  Calling us Uncle Tom’s.  Interfering in my matches …  getting taking out by security.  If it’s a match with me that he wants… let’s get it on brother!

Ernie Ladd:  While I feel that giving Snowman a big match before he has proven himself here in Mid-South is a mistake, I’m going to grant your match.  If Snowman wants to be a part of Mid-South, he will meet you in Lakefront Arena on June 3rd. 

Gordon Solie:  Well there you have it folks.  Hacksaw Butch Reed vs the Snowman looks like the first big match signed for the return to the Lakefront Arena.  As for tonight’s show, we have got a great event in store for you.  First up will be newcomers Jack Victory and “Hollywood” John Tatum taking on Cougar Jay and Rocky Duke.  Vader will be taking on high-flyer Shaun Simpson.  We will hear from the Texas Outlaws, Dick Murdoch and Stan Hansen.  Sweet Brown Sugar will bring his high energy to the ring as he faces Larry Cheatum.  Scott Steiner will be making his singles debut here tonight as he faces the very tough Grappler and in the main event it will be Rick Steiner putting his TV title on the line against the big 400 pound bodyguard of Ted Dibiase, Alofa.  That and much more.  It looks like the timekeeper is ready to go.  Let’s get to the ring.

MATCH #1: 

John Tatum & Jack Victory with Missy Hyatt defeat Cougar Jay & Rocky Duke as Tatum connected with a Superkick on Jay.

COMMERCIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX IN BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA

When we come out of break, Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt are with Gordon Solie along with Jack Victory and John Tatum.  Just like when Rick Steiner was part of Hot Stuff Inc., Jack Victory and John Tatum didn’t really participate in the interview except to say how they were willing to do whatever Missy and Eddie said.

Gordon Solie:  Eddie, I’ve got to ask… What happened last week at Lakefront Arena between you and Rick Steiner.

Eddie Gilbert:  What happened Gordon?  I’ll tell you what happened.  That ingrate, Rick Steiner, got the beating of his life.  Missy and I tutored him.  We trained him.  We made him what he is today and what did he do… he stabbed us in the back. 

Missy Hyatt:  That’s right Eddie.  He used us and now it is our turn to get even.  People are lining up in this business to get our help.  Everyone wants to be a part of Hot Stuff Incorporated and Jack Victory and Hollywood John Tatum… you two are the winners.  You two are the men we’ve chosen to help us rid Mid-South Wrestling of Rick Steiner and if his obnoxious brother Scott wants to get involved, we got no problem dealing with him also. 

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  Let’s get back to the action.

MATCH #2

Vader with Woman defeats Shaun Simpson as he caught Simpson coming off the top rope and Vader turned it into a powerslam.

Post-match interview with Vader and Woman along with the Mid-South Champion, Lex Luger

Gordon Solie:  I must say Vader, things didn’t end so well for you in your match against Manny Fernandez.  Woman, it seems like you hit the wrong man when you swung that chair. 

Woman:  Gordan baaabby, Do I look like the type of person whoever does something by accident?  Everything I do, I do for a reason.  My job is to motivate my men… to make them the best they can be.  Look at Lex here, The Total Package has listened to what I’ve had to say and he is the Mid-South Champion.  Vader… he seems to

Vader:  What … (Vader steps towards Woman) Are you saying you hit me with a chair on purpose.

Woman:  That is exactly what I’m saying.  It was a test… A test you failed miserably.  I thought you had something.  I thought you had turned a corner but one hit with a chair by little ol’ me and you crumbled like the weakling you are. 

Vader steps even closer to Woman…

WHAM… Luger attacks from behind and down goes Vader.  Vader takes a nasty beating at the hands of the champion, and nobody comes to his aid. 

Gordon Solie:  Folks, I can’t believe what I just saw.  Woman and Lex Luger have turned on Vader and the big man is down.  We really need to get some help out here.  Please, if there is a medic in the back…. Uhmm, We got to go to break.

When we come out of break, Gordon seems a little shaken at the violence of what we just saw but he composes himself to welcome in the Texas Outlaws. 

Gordon Solie:  Stan Hansen … Dick Murdoch… you two have been on a roll over the last month.  Folks all across the great state of Louisiana have been talking about you guys. 

Dick Murdoch:  That’s right Gordon.  There is no stopping Stan and myself.  You got that Sheik.  There’s no stopping us.  Your Barbarians might be the champions but that is only until you step foot in that ring with us.

Stan Hansen:  I don’t care if its Houma.  I don’t care if it’s in Baton Rouge.  I don’t care if it’s the Louisiana swamps.  Nord and Konga were coming from you. 

Gordon Solie:  Well it looks like the Texas Outlaws have thrown out a challenge to the new Mid-South tag team champions, The Barbarians.  We will be speaking to their manager, Sheik Adnan Al Kassie a little later in the show to get his thoughts on that match.  Let’s head back to the ring. 

MATCH #3

Sweet Brown Sugar defeats Larry Cheatum with a Top Rope Missile Dropkick

When we come out of break, Dr. Death is at the podium. 

Gordon Solie:  Dr. Death, we’ve haven’t seen you in a couple of weeks.  I heard you were wrestling over in Japan.  Tell us, what was that like.

Dr. Death:  Gordon… Japan is awesome.  Wrestling is booming all over the county.  The fans are second only to the fans here in Mid-South.  But now I’m home and it seems like things have changed here a bit.  Guys have been coming up to me since I got back.  Telling me that something must be done about Ted Dibiase.  They say he is more put of control then ever.  He is just using money to buy protection.  Saving his title without having to do the work.  Well, Dibiase… you and I go way back.  We were partners.  We were opponents.  I know more about you then any man here in Mid-South and I promise to put an end to your way of wrestling.  Buying wins is over.  I can’t be bought… and bad news for you… I can’t be beat!  Dibiase, your time as Louisiana Champion is coming to an end. 

Gordon Solie:  Well folks, I for one and real glad Dr. Death is back.  Not so sure Mr. Dibiase feels the same way.  Let’s get back to the ring.

MATCH #4

Scott Steiner defeats The Grappler in a tough match as Steiner hit a big gut wrench suplex followed by a side slam. 

After the match, Scott Steiner headed to the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Scott… tough week.  First you lose the tag titles and then you lose your partner, Hercules Hernandez. I want to bring everyone back to last week at the Lakefront Arena. 

VTR:

We see the Barbarians defeat Scott Steiner and Hercules Hernandez and then we see an emotional, candid scene from the locker room where Steiner and Hercules embrace and Scott is emphatically apologizing to Hercules.  Hercules is telling him not to worry and that he needs to focus on getting everything in his life in order.

Scott Steiner:  Gordon… Hercules is an awesome wrestler but more importantly, he is an awesome friend.  He understands that Rick and I have some things to work out but that we are family.  He understands that Rick will always come first as he is my family.  He understands that I have been distracted of late.  I feel really bad about not pulling my weight in our match against the Barbarians.  I want to wish him the best. 

Gordon:  Scott, I know this week has been tough on you.  Good luck moving forward.  Let’s take a break. 

Main Event Match

Mid-South TV Title Match

Rick Steiner © vs Alofa with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

Let’s just get to the chaos at the end of this back and forth match.  As Steiner looks like he is going for the belly to belly suplex, The Barbarians hit the ring and attack Rick.  As you would expect, The Texas Outlaws were not far behind.  A bit shocking to all, Ted Dibiase hits the ring and is actually fighting for his stablemates.  The problem was that Scott Steiner and Dr. Death were headed to the ring and the brawl was on.

For the first time in a long time in Mid-South, the fan favorites out number the heels.  The Steiner Brothers, The Texas Outlaws and Dr. Death could not be stopped and it was surprising even to Gordon Solie that Sheik’s crew escaped without being really hurt.

As Gordon signs off, the crowd is cheering on the babyfaces as they stand tall in the center of the ring. 

Gordon Solie:  So long from the Pelican State.

Dark Matches included:

1.       The Texas Outlaws (Dick Murdoch & Stan Hansen) crushing two jobbers.

2.        Manny Fernandez over The Red Shadow 

Victory & Tatum are exactly the kind of guys I can see running around with Gilbert and Hyatt.

Luger & Woman turn on Vader! Now they've got the monster on their tail.

Dr Death is back and calls his shot for the Louisiana title.

The Steiner brothers reunion has begun.

After losing Hercules, Roberts & Ellering the fans surely loved seeing the faces stand tall to end the night.

I am sure the Texas Outlaws' opponents would prefer you calling them by their proper nom de guerre ... Enhancement Talent. Yeesh! There is a true art form to their position on the totem pole of the business.

Never liked John Tatum, so I won't be unhappy when Eddie Gilbert and Missy stab him in the back unless of course, she runs away with Tatum.

Are we seeing the Steiners coming together now that Hercules Hernandez stepped aside? They may be young but it is very easy to see the pair muscle their way through the tag division here.

The fans get disappointing news as Herc. Ellering and Jake are gone. I will say, they all had great runs here. The Dibiase/Jake feud will go down as one of the year's best in our game. 

It's official. Ladd oks Reed vs. Snowman. Be careful what you wish for, Snowman. 

Hot Stuff Inc. is running high again with the addition of Tatum and Victory. They seem to be obedient, unlike that ingrate Steiner LOL. 

Unlike Hot Stuff Inc. Woman's faction splits up as Luger gives Vader a beating. This could be Vader's big break out. 

Texas Outlaws are going after the Barbarians as Dr. Death has his sights on Dibiase. Looks like the next programs are set. 

The Steiners are getting closer to teaming up. Our world is about to change. 

Great ending as the faces get the upper hand and send a strong message to the heels. 

I like the direction you're heading. 

Hot Stuff Inc is becoming quite the group and perhaps the top in this world of wrestling. I think there is unlimited potential here. Vader is also looking to make something of himself and Luger might be the catalyst for his carnage! I love the Steiners... my all time favorite team... can't wait to see them come together and rule this world of wrestling.

The Luger-Vader split felt so one-sided and decisive... more like Vader getting written out of the territory to me than setting up a feud. The monster needs to bounce back in a big way. 

I echo those enjoying the slow planting of the seeds to get the Steiners teaming, and the progression of Hot Stuff Inc.

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #19:  May 20, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for tuning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling, a symbol of wrestling excellence where you are guaranteed to see the very best there is in professional wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  We’ve got a great show for you today.  Vader will be in action today against Caleb Johnson.  It will be very interesting to see Vader after he was attacked by Lex Luger as he is apparently out of Woman’s stable.  While Snowman has not yet been in action, his presence has had a huge impact on the Mid-South title over the past two months.  Well today, we will get our first in-ring look at Snowman and see what Hacksaw Butch Reed has to deal with at our next Lakefront Arena card coming up on June 3rd.  Speaking of Lakefront Arena, Mid-South President Ernie Ladd will be here with an update on that great event.  Also in action today, we will see Hollywood John Tatum & Jack Victory back in action as they take on Sweet Brown Sugar and Norman Smiley.  We will here from “The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase as he is very frustrated on how last week’s show ended.  “Dr. Death” will be taking on Alofa and in our main event, it will be Stan “The Man” Hansen against Nord “The Barbarian” with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie.  That and much more.  Let’s get to the ring for our first match.

MATCH #1: 

Vader with Manny Fernandez absolutely destroys Caleb Johnson who barely has time to breath before being squashed with the powerbomb.

Vader and Manny head to the podium.

Gordon Solie: I must say Manny, I’m surprised to see you with Vader.

Manny Fernandez:  Gordon, I was angry when I came here to Mid-South Wrestling.  I was trying to move up the ranks quickly.  I thought I deserved that respect because of who I am… the Ragging Bull Manny Fernandez.  I called out Vader …. Said he was wrong for using the name Baby Bull as I am the only Bull in wrestling.  Well after our match, I can tell you there are two bulls around here.  I watched him give 100% and then his own manager, Woman, hit him with a chair on purpose…. I bet that was because her other chump wreslter Lex Luger was jealous.  So, I came out here today to make sure there was no funny business.  We all saw how Luger attacked Vader from behind last week.  Well, no more.  I got this bull’s back and he’s got mine.

Vader:  Woman… You’ve been playing games with me for over a year now.  First, when Dick Murdoch was made at you, you told me to put a stop to it.  Then when Dr. Death was coming after Lex Luger, you told me to get in his way.  It seems whenever Luger can’t solve his own problems, you had me to it… but who got all the credit… you and your pride and joy…. Lex Luger.  Well, those days are done.  Now, I’m not running interference for you anymore.  In fact, the only thing I’m doing is charging  right for you Lex Luger…. Right for your Mid-South Title… charging like a Bull!

COMMERCIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR CAJUNDOME IN LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA

Before our next match, “Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase and Sheik Adnan Al Kassie are at the podium.

Ted Dibiase- Dr. Death Steve Williams… last week you said all I do is buy protection. You said the only reason that I am successful as a professional wrestler is because of my money.  Let’s go back in time Dr. Death.  It seems that you have taken too many shots to the head and your short term memory is very bad.  About a year ago, this man with me right now, Sheik Adnan Al Kassie was looking for someone to lead his already great stable.  He wanted a man who could win him championships.  He could have hired any wrestler in the world.  He could have hired you Dr. Death.  You were my tag team partner at the time.  Sheik saw us both on many occasions… Did he choose you?  NO…. He gave me the $1,000,000.  He wanted me… NOT YOU.  Now, yes, his generosity has helped me become the man I am today, but I’m still the man he wanted over you… I am the better wrestler.  Last week, you showed exactly the coward you are.  You rushed the ring and attacked me, knowing full well that you had many of your friends there to watch your back… and watched it they did.  I was jumped like I was in a gang fight.   

Gordon Solie:  Well isn’t that calling the kettle black?

Ted Dibiase:  No… not at all Gordon.  Dr. Death, you are nothing more than a street thug.  You say you want a match with me?  Better be careful what you ask for. 

MATCH #2

Snowman defeats The Patriot with a Double Ax Handle Smash to the heart.  Snowman then really gets the fans going as he stomps on the flag the Patriot carried to the ring. 

Post-match interview with Snowman

Gordon Solie:  I must say Snowman, I found that totally uncalled for and absolutely disrespectful. 

Snowman:  And why Mr. Solie would I care what someone like you thinks.  All I care about is making sure Uncle Tom Reed gets what he deserves at Lakefront Arena come June 3rd.  He’s nothing more than a puppet for the suits who make the decisions around here. 

Suddenly, the crowd gets real loud and a camera catches Hacksaw Butch Reed climbing into the ring.

Hacksaw Butch Reed (No mic, but clearly loud enough)  Snowman… you want a match… let’s not wait until June 3rd.

Snowman:  Exactly as I would expect … Hacksaw Butch Reed was in the back the whole time.  Did he come out and challenge me before my match?  No… I  guarantee you, him and Uncle Tom Ladd were having a family reunion with the rest of the suits in power around here watching my match from the back.  Then after I went through the entire battle with the Patriot the suits tell Reed to come and quiet me down.  Come and challenge me …. Have Reed show me what he can do and all these stupid fans would think Snowman can’t wrestler.  He can’t fight.  Reed just proved to everyone that you are nothing more than a puppet doing the work for your Master.  Don’t you worry Reed… you and me will meet real soon but it will be when I’m ready… not when the Suits tell you that I am ready.

Snowman walks away as Reed stands in the ring with a quizzical look on his face.

When we come out of break, Woman and the Mid-South Heavyweight Champion are at the podium. 

Gordan Solie:  Well I’m sure you two heard the words of Vader a little earlier.  Would you like to comment?

Woman:  Gordon Baaaabbyyy, why else would I be out here.  Vader talks about doing my dirty work.  He talks about him wrestling the people Lex doesn’t want to deal with.  The problem is Vader… you couldn’t even do that!  You failed at every task I had you do.  I see Dick Murdoch walking around here just fine.  I see Dr. Death challenging for the Louisiana Heavyweight Title.  All I ever saw from Vader was losing.  He talks about doing the dirty work… he couldn’t do my laundry. 

Gordon Solie:  That’ll be enough of that.

Lex Luger:  Vader… Did you see how easy it was for me to put you down last week?  Now you think you could handle the Total Package in a full match.  June 3rd in Lakefront Arena will be the beginning of you in Mid-South Wrestling.

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough, let’s get back to the ring.

MATCH #3

“Hollywood” John Tatum & Jack Victory with Missy Hyatt & Eddie Gilbert defeat Sweet Brown Sugar & Norman Smiley after Hyatt disrupted the ref and Eddie Gilbert grabbed the leg of Smiley setting up the Superkick from Tatum on Smiley. 

After the match, Hot Stuff Inc. heads over to the podium. 

Gordon Solie:  It seems to me Mr. Gilbert that you have both Rick and Scott Steiner wanting a piece of you.

Missy Hyatt:  I would like to commend Scott Steiner.  Sometimes it is hard to admit that people are related to you; especially when they are as messed up as Rick.  The problem for you Scott is that you are now in our way and the best way to deal with this situation is to take you both down.

Eddie Gilbert:  Steiner brothers… I can tell you that I want to two out of Mid-South Wrestling.  I want you out just like I wanted the Freebirds out.  I want you out like I wanted Dr. Tom Prichard out of Mid-South…  Hey Missy… You see the pattern…. What we want seems to happen.  Steiners start looking for future employment.  Your time here is coming to an end real soon. 

When we come out of break, Dr. Death is at the podium. 

Gordon Solie:  Dr. Death, Ted Dibiase made some rather harsh comments directed your way earlier tonight.  How would you like to respond.

Dr. Death:  Gordon, I’ve been in this business long enough to know the difference when a man is speaking the truth and when a man is speaking in order to convince himself of something.  Dibiase is right… Sheik did offer him the money and not me.  That’s because Sheik is smart enough to know that I would have kicked his you know what all across the state of Louisiana if he offered me a contract.  He knew that only a low-life like Dibiase would accept that.  Now, Dibiase, you’re trying to convince yourself that you can defeat me.  Well you better talk a whole lot louder to get it through your thick skull because your yellow-chicken-like skin knows that you are just a coward.  Now I gladly accept your match for Lakefront Arena on June 3rd.  It’s time I took that title off your hands.

Gordon Solie:  Well Dr. Death, I think it’s time for your match.  Let’s get back to the ring.

MATCH #4

“Dr. Death” Steve Williams defeats Alofa with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie with an amazing feat of strength as he nailed the 400-pound Alofa with the Oklahoma Stampede. Interesting thing here was that Dibiase could be seen peeking out from the curtain but never came to the ring. 

After the match, Ernie Ladd is at the podium.

Ernie Ladd:  Gordon, there are a lot of challenges being thrown out tonight.  This guy wants to wrestle this guy and then this team wants to face this team.  The good thing is that all problems here in Mid-South Wrestling are settled in the ring.  With that being said, the card for June 3rd is shaping up very nicely.  As you know, last week we already signed Hacksaw Butch Reed to face the Snowman.  Now I now with me being the President and all that I should be impartial, but Snowman… you’re getting on my last nerve.  There are no Suits around here making decisions.  Hacksaw Butch Reed is his own man and so am I.  Now as far as other matches go… I have just signed three more title matches for the big event.  The Texas Outlaws will be facing the Barbarians with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie.  Dr. Death Steve Williams will challenge “The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase for the Louisiana Heavyweight Title and Vader will try and take the Mid-South title from Lex Luger.  Also, I just finished talking with the Steiner brothers and told them they would face the newest members of Hot Stuff Inc, Jack Victory and Hollywood John Tatum.  Both Rick and Scott were upset as they wanted a chance to get their hands on Eddie Gilbert.  I felt the only way to do this was in a Handicap Match and added Eddie to the team ofTatum and Victory.  The Steiners quickly agreed.  Fans in New Orleans, get your tickets to Lakefront Arena.  It is sure to be one heck of a show.

Main Event Match

Stan “The Man” Hansen with Dick Murdoch defeats Nord “The Barbarian” with Sheik Adnan and Konga with the Lariat in a rather long and violent TV match that saw both Hansen and Nord have a lot of time to wrestle from the top.  Murdoch was at ringside and made sure there was no funny business from the Million Dollar Corportatin.

Surprisingly, there was no wild brawl at the end of the show.  If you asked Ladd why, he might just tell you that if he uses something too much, it becomes almost second nature and the fans lose some interest.

Gordon Solie:  Fans, we are just two weeks away from the big event at Lakefront Arena.  So many issues yet to be settled.  Until next time, so long from the Pelican State.

Dark Matches included:

JYD defeats Larry Cheatum with the Thump

The Grappler defeats Trent Night with the Sleeper

The Mighty Goliath squashes Big Cajun Troy Landry

Ya know, both Vader and Woman raise good points. Vader's right that Woman sent him after anyone bothering Lex, but Woman's right Vader didn't exactly take'em all out.

The former NWA World Tag Team Champions spit fire at each other, though Williams' words have a little extra oomph considering he also beat a 400 pound Samoan monster.

A big tag match is signed for June 3rd as Gilbert's three newest stood...er I mean, students take on the Steiner brothers.

Snowman is not only on Ladd's last nerve, he seems to be in Reed's head.

Hansen wins a hard-hitting main event putting he & Murdoch one up on the Barbarians.

Eddie with the Steiners is a great callback and something that could light a fire under them pretty quickly. Like seeing the dark matches - you've got a ton of talent and they are all getting a little bit here and there. Hansen to me is just a triple tough kind of guy and I like that he's bounced around a little here. He never stayed somewhere too long but he makes his mark everywhere he goes.

Having Manny in the corner is a game changer for Vader. Maybe now he can be 100% focused on Luger. 

Dibiase gives his reasons on why Adnan wanted him and not Williams. However, I think Williams made the stronger case and backed it up in the ring tonight.

You have made Snowman one of the most talked about wrestlers in the game. He cut one heck of a promo and even Reed took some time to ponder his words. 

Well, Woman wasn't exactly wrong about Vader. One thing's for sure, Vader will get the chance to prove himself once and for all against Luger.

I can't wait for the Steiners vs. Hot Stuff match. This feud has been built up so well. 

Ladd gives the wrestlers and fans what they want. We're in for a great show on June 3rd. 

Hansen gets the big win over Nord and that's good momentum heading into the tag match. 

I agree with Ladd's logic. It's always easy to end with a big brawl, but you don't want too much overkill. 

image.jpeg.0f1c0be27c8341322dbbcf56532d5401.jpeg

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #20:  May 27, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for tuning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling, a symbol of wrestling excellence where you are guaranteed to see the very best there is in professional wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana.  We’ve got a great show for you today.  For the first time in Mid-South Wrestling, we will see the Steiners in tag team action, and they are taking on one of the best teams in the industry, the Assassins.  Hacksaw Butch Reed will be in action against Moondog Moretti as he tries to prepare for his big match on June 3rd at Lakefront Arena against Snowman.  Speaking of Lakefront Arena, Mid-South President Ernie Ladd will be here with a complete update on that great event.  Also in action today, we will see “The Million Dollar” Man, Ted Dibiase defending his Louisiana Heavyweight Title against Sweet Brown Sugar.  Dick Murdoch and Konga “The Barbarian” will square off today and in our main event… it will be Lex Lugar defending his Mid-South Championship against “The Raging Bull” Manny Fernandez.  Before our first match, let’s bring out Snowman.    

Snowman:  Butch Reed… last week… I proved to everyone that I’m in your head.  You wake up and you think of me.  You sit down to dinner; you think of me.  You lay your ugly head down to go to sleep and you see me in your nightmares.  The reason for this is simple.  The people in power around here have put the pressure on you.  They’ve told you that you must get rid of me.  They’ve told Ernie Ladd that I’m  bad for business.  Butch Reed… they’ve told you that if you ever want to be #1 around here again, you must defeat Snowman!  The problem is you know you can’t.  You know you’re not good enough.  You know you aren’t strong enough and most important… you know that because you’ve allowed your masters to do everything for you, that you are simple not smart enough to beat me.  June 3rd … Lakefront Arena… a new era begins!

MATCH #1: 

The Steiner Brothers vs The Assassins

While this is the first time the Steiners actual wrestler together, it is like they have been doing this their entire life.  They make quick tags, hit multiple power moves and are smooth with the quick, legal double team moves.  The Assassins, one of the better teams in the area, put up a good fight but the Steiners seem like they have something to prove.  The end comes when Rick hits a German Suplex on Assassin #1.

In a quick post-match interview, the Steiners hype up their handicap match coming up at the Lakefront Arena vs Eddie Gilbert, John Tatum and Jack Victory. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK -PROMO FOR LAKEFRONT ARENA IN NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

Before our next match, all of the members of Hot Stuff Inc. are at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Well, Eddie, I’m sure you were watching the Steiner brothers in the last segment.  Pretty impressive win don’t you think.

Hollywood John Tatum (takes the lead even though Gordon spoke to Eddie):  Sure, that was impressive for you Gordon.  Someone who looks like he has never played a sport in his life… but I’m a world class athlete…. A man born and breed to be in the ring and to me… they looked like for uncoordinated, weekend warriors trying to survive a 5 minute match. 

Missy Hyatt:  And don’t forget Gordon.  The Steiner Brothers just beat 2 men.  Due to their own stupidity, they will have to face all three of my superstars in Lakefront Arena. 

Eddie Gilbert:  And Missy, let’s just remind these fans how stupid the Steiners really are.  Rick and Scott not only agreed to face us in a handicap match but if we win, I get a Mid-South TV Title Match at the July 4th Spectacular at Lakefront Arena.  Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert will soon be the face of Mid-South Wrestling The prettiest and the baddest man all rolled up into the next future Television Champion. 

Gordon Solie:  Oh BRO-ther.  Let’s move on to our next match.

MATCH #2

Hacksaw Butch Reed vs Moondog Moretti 

Hacksaw is out to show just how good he is and Moondog suffers the consequences.  Reed simply shrugs off any offense Moretti tries and hits big move after big move.  The end comes with a very impressive Military Press Slam on the near 300-pounder. 

As soon as the ref made the three-count, Snowman rushed the ring and tried to attack Reed from behind.  It was like Hacksaw had eyes behind his head as he turned in plenty of time for the attack.

Snowman sees this and puts on the breaks and slides out of the ring pointing to his head like he just outsmarted Reed.  Reed is raring and ready to go and when Snowman simply smiles at him, Reed is fuming.  He is shaking the ring ropes like he wants to rip them apart. 

Gordon Solie:  I hate to admit this, but it seems like the Snowman is in fact in the head of Butch Reed.  I hope Reed can stay focused in their match at Lakefront Arena.  If he rushes in unfocused, he might be in a world of trouble. 

Reed comes over to the podium and is screaming…

Hacksaw Butch Reed:  Enough is enough.  Snowman you talk about how you are just too good for me… too smart for me.  What I think is that these are only words and what your words prove is ….. you are a coward.  I was ready to fight you last week… you chickened out.  I was ready to fight just now… you chickened out.  Well in Lakefront Arena you will have no choice!  You will try to fight but it won’t work.  I will prove to everyone why Ernie Ladd said you weren’t good enough for Mid-South Wrestling.  I will prove to everyone why you should have remained unemployed just like you should be. 

Before our next match, Ernie Ladd comes out and runs down the entire card for June 3rd in New Orleans.

Shaun Simpson vs Norman Smiley

Mighty Goliath vs Alofa

JYD vs The Assassin

HANDICAP MATCH:

If Hot Stuff Inc Wins- Eddie Gilbert gets a TV Title Match at the next Lakefront Arena Event on July 4th

Rick & Scott Steiner vs Hot Stuff Inc. (Eddie Gilbert, John Tatum and Jack Victory) with Missy Hyatt

Mid-South Tag Team Title Match:

The Barbarians © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Texas Outlaws (Murdoch & Hansen)

LOUISIANA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

“Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Dr. Death

GRUDGE MATCH

Hacksaw Butch Reed vs Snowman

MID-SOUTH TITLE MATCH

“The Total Package” Lex Luger © with Woman vs Vader

MATCH #3

Louisiana Title Match

“Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Sweet Brown Sugar 

Sweet Brown Sugar starts quick and has Dibiase reeling but as Sugar went for the missile dropkick after the Irish Whip, Dibiase hooked the ropes and Sugar crashed to the matt.  This allowed Dibiase to take complete control with the end coming with the Figure 4. 

The problem was that Dibiase had no interest in releasing the hold.  He grabbed the ropes and amped up the pressure. No matter what the ref said, Dibiase wouldn’t stop.  Sheike rushed in the ring and dropped a few elbows onto the legs of Sweet Brown Sugar.  The ref is waving frantically for the bell.  He signals that he has reversed the decision but still no release by Dibiase.

The crowd explodes… Here comes Dr. Death. 

WHAM… from behind its Alofa who nails Dr. Death.  Dr. Death fell for the set up.

It’s now a 3-1 beat down of Dr. Death which ends with a manically laugh of Dibiase.  Dr. Death laid out in the middle of the ring. 

Gordon Solie:  No matter what Ted Dibiase says, he seems to be trying everything in his power to make sure Dr. Death doesn’t make it to Lakefront Arena.  I hope he hasn’t just succeeded.  We need to take a break.     

When we come out of break, a battered Dr. Death is at the podium.  He is leaning over, holding his ribs and having trouble breathing. 

Gordon Solie:  Dr. Death, Ted Dibiase and his Million Dollar Corporation seem like they are willing to do anything to protect Dibiase’s Louisianan Heavyweight Title. 

Dr. Death:  Dibiase… no matter what you do to me… no matter how many people you send after me… you can’t stop me.  Your time is up.  No where to run.  No where to hide.  Since money doesn’t matter to you, I’m going to take the one thing that does matter toy you… The Louisiana Heavyweight Title.

Gordon Solie:  Well Dr. Death, I think you may need some medical attention in the back.  Let’s get back to the ring.

Before our next match, Dick Murdoch and Stan Hanen (The Texas Outlaws) come out spitting and yelling about what they are going to do the Barbarians and how it will start right now as Dick destroys Konga but the real prize will be on June 3rd at Lakefront Arena as they will take the Mid-South Tag Team Titles. 

MATCH #4

“Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch vs Kona “The Barbarian” with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie 

For the second week in a row, ½ of the challengers face off against ½ of the champs in an attempt to hype up the tag title match between the Texas Outlaws and the Barbarians at Lakefront Arena.  Last week, we saw Stan “The Man” Hansen defeat Nord “The Barbarian.  This week we get an out and out brawl between Murdoch and Konga that saw outside interference first from Nord and then from Hansen as this bout ended in a double DQ.  The two teams gave a good showcase brawl of what the title match will be like… pure chaos. 

Before our main event, Lex Luger and Woman are at the podium.

Gordon Solie:  Woman… I must ask... why did you agree to have Lex Luger put his Mid-South Title on the line tonight against someone as tough as “The Raging Bull” Manny Fernandez.

Woman:  Gordan baaabbbyyy. You ask all the great questions.  You’re so cute.  First of all, Lex never backs down from a challenge.  He enjoys showing everyone why he is the best Mid-South Champion of all-time.  Also, Manny has been out here the last few weeks running his mouth.  Whether he is talking about how tough he is or convincing Vader of all the nonsense that we used him to protect Lex from all the tough challengers.  Manny… It’s time to pay the piper for all the damage you’ve done since you arrived here.

Lex Luger:  Manny…You’ve stuck your burrito brain where it don’t belong.  Vader and I were just fine till you came around.  Well, as fine as we could be with me being so much more talented than him… Anyway, tonight I finish off one bull and then on June 3rd I finish off the baby bull!

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  I think you have a match right now.

Main Event Match

Mid-South Title Match

“Total Package” Lex Lugar © with Woman vs “The Ragging Bull” Manny Fernandez

With Lex already in the ring, there seems to be some delay.  Finally, Manny emerges from behind the curtain and he is on crutches.  Lex throws his hands up in the air like this is some type of excuse by Manny.  Manny, while still in the aisle, grabs a house mic and starts to explain to everyone that he was attacked from behind in the parking lot tonight and has injured his knee.  He is convinced that Woman and Lex had something to do with the attack.  He goes on to explain that he is unable to wrestle tonight. 

Woman, takes the microphone from the ring announcer, and with a smirk on her face lets Manny know that there is no way they had anything to do with the attack as Lex was really excited to put Manny in his place.  She goes on to explain that this was his one and only title shot and that it didn’t really matter as he had no shot anyway.  She tells Lex that it was time to go and that they have wasted enough time with this loser.

As Lex and Woman start to exit the ring, Ernie Ladd comes out.

Ernie Ladd:  Hold on Lex… Hold on just a minute.  Whether you were behind the attack on Manny or not, I have no idea.  I have no way to prove it one way or another.  It is your word vs Manny’s.

Lex Luger:  Great… you’ve now wasted enough of our time now.  Step aside.

Ernie Ladd:  Hold on a minute… while I don’t know who attacked Manny… I do know who promised all these paying fans in the Cajundome tonight, a Mid-South Title Match. 

Lex Luger:  Again… not our fault Manny is claiming to be hurt.  Goodnight.

Ernie Ladd:  And when I promise something… I make sure that promise is followed.  Lex, you will defend your title tonight and you will defend it against someone I feel is ready for the challenge… and in case Manny’s claim of your attack is correct, someone Manny would approve of.    Lex… your title match tonight is now against VADER!

The look of shock on Woman and Lex’s face is priceless and Vader charges the ring!

Lex tries to rush in and attack before Vader is ready but Vader ducks under a clothesline and hits the ropes and comes off hard with his own clothesline. 

The champ is down but tries to bounce up like nothing happened…

WHAM… Football tackle by Vader

Vader drags Lex up and whips him into the ropes…

WHAM… Diving forearm smash and Luger is knocked completely through the ropes.

Woman is beside herself.  Vader is bouncing in the ring and shaking the ropes like the Ultimate Warrior.

As Lex gets to his feet… Woman orders him to walk away… Lex, dazed, follows order and the ref awards the win to Vader by count out.

Gordon Solie:  Wow… fans… that was one of the most impressive things I’ve seen.  Lex was tossed around the ring like a rag doll.  Vader seems ready to take Luger out and become the next Mid-South Champion.  Next week, if you are anywhere near New Orleans, get your tickets early.  It is going to be some show.  Until next time, so long from the Pelican State.

Snowman continues his mental warfare against Reed but he may have just pissed the champ off.

The Steiner brothers get instant tag cred with a win over The Assassins. But a handicap match is a different matter. Tatum seemed pretty comfortable talking over the boss, though Gilbert doesn't seem to mind as he's focused on getting himself a TV title shot.

Million Dollar Inc try to cripple SBS to draw out Dr Death so they can put a beating on him to.

There may not be anything of The Lakefront Arena left after The Texas Outlaws & The Barbarians get done with it.

Vader gets a bit of payback by pinballing Luger in the main event. But there's still the question of who exactly jumped Manny?

Another stacked card for New Orleans.

Snowman is playing serious mind games with Reed. Psychological warfare at its best. On the flip side, Reed just wants to fight and has strong words of his own for Snowman. This is a well built story and people will pay to see this match. 

The Steiners are officially a team in our world. Big test coming up in a handicap match. Hot Stuff Inc. seem confident and ready. We'll see. 

Williams should've known that Dibiase has a lot of paid protection. Can Williams overcome the odds and take Dibiase's prize possession? 

The Barbarians and Outlaws have given us a lot of classic Mid South brawls, the Lakefront fans might get the biggest one yet. 

Poor Manny is jumped, but Vader gets his chance and makes the most of it. Luger and Woman might've created a monster. 

A lot is going to go down in New Orleans. Get your tickets now! 

k3C3tyN.png?1

LAKEFRONT ARENA

JUNE 3

Shaun Simpson and Norman Smiley wrestle to a 10-minute draw

JYD defeats Assassin #1 with the Big Thump (Powerslam)

Alofa with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie defeats Mighty Goliath with a Savat Kick after Sheik interfered in the match.

Handicap Match

If Hot Stuff defeats the Steiner Brothers, Eddie Gilbert gets a Mid-South TV Title Match on July 4th.

Hot Stuff Inc. (Eddie Gilbert, “Hollywood” John Tatum, and Jack Victory) with Missy Hyatt defeated The Steiners during a moment of pure chaos.  Tatum and Victory were double teaming Scott while Missy was up on the apron screaming in the face of Rick.  The ref had lost all sense of control and needed to have eyes in the back of his head which he obviously didn’t.  Missy had left her purse in the corner before going to argue with Rick.  Eddie simply walked over, picked up the loaded pursue and clocked Rick in the head.  When the ref finally turned around, he saw Eddie covering Rick and he completed the easy 3 count on the concussed Steiner brother.

Mid-South Tag Team Title Match

The Barbarians © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs The Texas Outlaws (Murdoch & Hansen)

No sense getting into too much description here as we can all picture a brawl for the ages!  This is a war of attrition with both Murdoch and Hansen showing some color.  So many close calls that saw the Sheik do his best to keep the belts on his men.  In the end, we get a rather clean finish even though all 4 men were in the ring.  Konga managed a top rope diving headbutt on Murdoch for the win.  Even though we have a clean finish the champions know they were lucky to survive this bout which could have gone either way.  The fans are already talking about a possible rematch. 

Grudge Match

“Hacksaw” Butch Reed vs Snowman ended in a No Contest as the brawl started before the opening bell and the ref could never get the action under control.  The ringing of the bell did nothing to stop the brawl that raged all over Lakefront Arena.  Suddenly, in the middle of all the chaos, a huge black man in fatigues joins Snowman and they literally beat the living hell out of Hacksaw Butch Reed.  A few people in the crowd who go back aways was pretty certain the attacker was Kareem Muhammed from the old Zambuie Express.

Louisiana Heavyweight Title Match

“Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase © with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie & Alofa vs “Dr. Death” Steve Williams

Money can buy you lots of things.  It can buy a wrestling stable.  It can buy you a bodyguard.  The one thing that it cannot buy you is a fool prove system where nothing will ever go wrong.  This was the case in this back-and-forth match.  While Dibiase did get some outside help, give the Devil his due.  When he had the momentum, he really showed off his toughness and skill.  The problem was that he was fighting a man who knew all his moves and often seemed one step ahead of him.  The crowd was sure that Dr. Death had won the title after an Oklahoma Stampede but Sheik managed to put Dibiase’s right leg across the bottom rope to break the count.  After this, the camera caught Alofa putting the black glove on.  This appears to be the same black glove that many have accused Dibiase of loading up before putting their lights out. 

Sheik jumps up on the apron and distracts the ref.  Alofa enters the ring and squares off with Dr. Death.  Both men are ready to go and Sheik actually jumps down.  It is like a lightbulb went off in his head.  If Alofa causes the DQ, Dibiase leaves with the title. 

The ref turns around, sees Dr. Death and Alofa ready to trade blows.

Dibiase, finally recovered from the Stampede, grabs Dr. Death from behind….

Give the ref some credit for not calling for the bell yet as there has been no actual interference yet.

Alofa squares up Dr. Death as Dibiase has him locked up.

Here comes the right hand!

Sheik turns to the crowd with a huge smile on his face!

WHAM… the 400-pound Alofa, with a loaded black glove has just clobbered his own man… Ted Dibaise as Dr. Death powered out from the grasp of Dibiase at the last second.

Dr. Death with a low blow to Alofa and then quickly covers Dibiase.

Sheik, with no idea what just happened starts his count!

1….2……3!

Dr. Death is the new North American Champion…  The best part of the match was the look on Sheik’s face when he turned around and saw an unconscious Dibiase, Alofa holding his groin and the ref raising the hand of Dr. Death

Mid-South Title Match

“Total Package” Lex Luger with Woman © vs Vader

Luger is struggling to contain the big man in this match.  It is like a light switch has just gone off and Vader has become the monster that everyone has been waiting for.  At one point, Vader has Luger trapped in the corner and he is nailing him with shoulder block after shoulder block.

WHAM… Woman from behind with a chair shot to Vader’s back.  The ref calls for the immediate DQ.

Unlike last month at Lakefront Arena where Woman also nailed Vader with a chair in his match against Manny Fernandez, Vader completely “No Sells” this chair shot and turns to Woman.  The look of fear on her face is priceless.  She starts to back peddle and actually stumbles through the ropes.  Vader peers down at her.

WHAM… Luger from behind with a running clothesline.

Again, Vader “No Sells” the move and now turns to Luger.

Luger throws a right hand… blocked

Luger throws a left hand… blocked.

WHAM… Headbutt by Vader and down goes Luger.

Luger rolls out of the ring where Woman is waiting.  For the second time in a week, Woman and Luger hightail it towards the locker room as Vader owns the ring.

Vader ends the night with a primordial scream that has the hair standing up on the arms of much of the audience.  This feud is not done!  That is if Luger has the guts.

Simpson and Smiley get everyone warmed up.

The Doy Thumps The Assassin.

The Shiek gives his Samoan monster a hand.

The numbers game give a win to Hot Stuff Inc and Eddie now has a title shot.

The Barbarians survive the slobberknocker with their titles in tact.

Snowman gets some backup in his campaign against Mid-South in the form of Kareem Muhammad. A man Ernie Ladd knows very well.

Love the visual of the Shiek grinning at the audience while everything goes to hell behind him.

Woman wanted Vader to be a monster and as always, Woman gets what she wants.

No matter what, it's always a plus having star power like JYD on the card. 

BOOOOOOO, that no good Eddie Gilbert manages to get one over again. Don't worry, the Steiners will get their day, I'm sure of it. 

AD put it best, the Barbarians survived. 

I figured Reed and Snowman would be a wild one. Things have elevated with Snowman bringing in some big time muscle. I think Reed is going to need some backup. This great story continues. 

It finally happened! Williams has ended Dibiase's reign! This really put Williams over as he fought the odds and outsmarted all the heels. I'm ready for the reign of Dr. Death.

Vader didn't win the title but the monster has been unleashed! It's time! It's time! It's Vader time! 

• 2 weeks later...

k3C3tyN.png?1

Mid-South Wrestling 1988:  Episode #22:  June 10, 1988

Gordon Solie:  Thank you so very, very much indeed for tuning into another episode of Mid-South Wrestling, a symbol of wrestling excellence where you are guaranteed to see the very best there is in professional wrestling.  I’m Gordon Solie and it is my pleasure to be coming to you today from the Municipal Auditorium in Shreveport, Louisiana.  We’ve got a great show for you today but before we get to that, we must go back to last Saturday in New Orleans and the Lakefront Arena.  Some very interesting things went down and to get you all caught up, I want to bring in the Mid-South President, Ernie Ladd.

Ernie Ladd:  First Gordan, before I get to what happened at Lakefront Arena, I want to let everyone know that we are coming up on our one-year anniversary since our first event.  Last year on July 4th, I started Mid-South Wrestling Revolution with a huge event at the Civic Center in Mobile, Alabama. Some called us a small, upstart wrestling promotion back then but look at us now.  We, along with Championship Wrestling from Memphis are the top shows on Superstation 17.  This year, we will once again be hoisting a major event on July 4th.  This time we will be returning to Mid-South Wrestling’s largest venue… The Louisiana Superdome!  This event will be titled The Second Revolution!  Already signed for this huge card are 4 huge title matches. 

Mid-South Television Title Match

Rick Steiner © vs “Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt

Return Bout for the Mid-South Tag Team Titles

The Barbarians (Konga & Nord) with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie © vs The Texas Outlaws (Murdoch & Hansen)

Mid-South Louisiana Title Match

(Contractually Guaranteed Rematch when a Title Changes Hands)

“Dr. Death” Steve Williams  © vs “The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

Mid-South Heavyweight Title

Loser Leave Town- Steel Cage Match

Lex Luger © with Woman vs Vader

Gordon Solie:  Wow… this event already looks like it is going to be a classic.  One more thing, for those of you at Lakefront Arena, you saw Kareem Muhammed rush out and help Snowman in his match with Hacksaw Butch Reed.

Ernie Ladd:  That was very unfortunate but I must admit, I was not truly surprised.  Snowman is a man that can’t be trusted.  It’s one of the major reasons that I didn’t want him working in Mid-South but as a favor to Hacksaw Butch Reed, I agreed to that match.  Also, as a favor to Hacksaw Butch Reed, in today’s main event it’ll be Butch Reed going one on one against Kareem Muhammed!  I would also like to call out Butch Reed right now.

llHMQtn.jpg

Hacksaw:  Ernie, I thank you for giving me the match tonight.  What happened at Lakefront Arena just shows that Snowman is a coward.  He knows he can’t beat me one on one.  He talked about playing mind games and all this other nonsense.  What it all comes down to is that he isn’t half the man he claims to be.  Tonight, I will prove to Snowman and any of his other goons that I have been on top here in Mid-South for a reason.  Now Ray Candy …. Or Kareem Muhammed … whatever you’re calling yourself nowadays… if you want to be a fool and do Snowman’s dirty work than, you’ll pay the price!  I owe you Snowman.  How about you have the guts to come and pay collect your own debts. 

Gordon:  Thank you Hacksaw.  I look forward to your match a little later on.  Folks that big main event is not all we have for you today.  You will see “Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert taking on Norman Smiley.  We’ll have The Texas Outlaws taking on The Red Shadow and Roger Smith.  It will be “The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase taking on Rocky Royal.  For the first time in a very long time here on Mid-South Wrestling, the woman will be in action as the young Medusa Miceli takes on former NWA Women’s Champion Misty Blue Simmes.  We will also hear from both Lex Luger and Vader about their upcoming Loser-Leave Town Match.  Dr. Death and The Steiner brothers will join us and let’s not forget that huge main event as Hacksaw Butch Reed takes on Kareem Muhammed!  It looks like we are all set in the ring so let’s get the action started.

MATCH #1

“Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt defeats Norman Smiley with the Hotshot Suplex

After the match, Eddie and Missy join Gordan Solie for a post-match interview.

zD7ou1l.png?1

Gordon: Eddie, I am a bit taken back by your match last week at Lakefront Arena where you, “Hollywood” John Tatum and Jack Victory defeated the Steiner Brothers?

Missy Hyatt:  Your insults never cease to amaze me.  Now you’re saying that my three guys are not good enough to beat those two neophytes.  When are you going to get in through your head Gordon… Hot Stuff Inc is not only the best looking people in all of wrestling but we are also the best wrestlers.    

Gordon:  Not that Missy.  I was surprised that r. Gilbert had to take your purse, which appeared to be loaded somehow, and nail Rick from behind just for you to win a handicap match. 

Missy Hyatt:  There you go again Gordon.  Saying we need to cheat to win.  Also, what would my purse be loaded with.  I’m not an ordinary girl Gordon.  My beauty is all natural.  I don’t need to put any beauty products in the purse.

Gordon:  No beauty products in the purse… hmmm…. Maybe a brick!

Eddie Gilbert:  Solie, you better watch your step or my next knockout will be you.  Now I’ll give the Steiner brothers some credit… They were just good enough to get their heads bashed in.  Now, I get my TV Title Match on July 4th at the Superdome.  The largest arena in all of Mid-South Wrestling.  No place better than the Superdome for me, “Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert to become the face of the company.  Rick… Missy and I tried to help you.  We took you in.  We taught you everything you know.  Now, I’m going to show you why I was the teacher and you were the student. 

Before our next match, Snowman and Kareem Muhammed come to the podium.

Gordon:  Snowman… Your actions at Lakefront Arena last week weren’t something I would expect from someone trying to build their reputation here in Mid-South.

BEibkiu.png

Snowman: Now, now Lilly White Gordan.  This is not about winning the battle.  This is about winning the war.  You, Ernie Ladd, Butch Reed and all the other suits around here think that Snowman is crazy.  You think I’m the only one frustrated with what’s been going on around here.  I was accused of playing mind games with Butch Reed.  Butch, this is not about you.  This is about what you represent.  You represent a culture where people like me are to bow down to the Ted Turners and Gordon Solies of the world.  I’m telling you that there are a large group of Americans who are ready for a hostile takeover.  A Revolution of kinds.  We are to become the Nation of Domination.  Kareem Muhammed here heard the situation and came running.  Hacksaw Butch Reed… sit down and think a moment and I bet you will see I’m right.  You are being used.  You’re just a patsy for them…. A slave if you will. 

FdpdN2r.png

Kareem Muhammed:  Hacksaw Butch Reed… your muscles mean nothing.  All your big wrestling moves means nothing.  You are weak.  You’re weak because you’re a puppet.  You’re held up by strings. When your masters see that you are no longer of use to them, they will cut you lose.  What you represent is wrong.  The movement is here and you will be just be a pawn in our mission. 

Gordon:  I can assure you that nobody bows down to me.  Let’s get back to the ring.  I have had enough of this train of thought. 

MATCH #2

The Texas Outlaws (Murdoch & Hansen) defeated The Red Shadow & Roger Smith as Murdoch hit the Brainbuster on Smith

After the bout Murdoch and Hansen are at the podium with Gordon Solie.

Gordon:  Gentleman, that was very impressive tonight but I’m sure that you would’ve rather had the win and the tag team titles last week at Lakefront Arena. 

dj5zyJs.jpg?1

Stan Hansen:  You got that right Gordan.  Dick and I were in a war the other night against the Barbarians and we came up just a little short.  The Barbarians and us battered each other from pillar to post.  We slammed each other all around the arena.  We bloodied each other up.  We bruised each other.  And now in just a few weeks, in the Louisiana Superdome, we get to do it again.

Dick Murdoch:  Stan, I think you left one thing out… Barbarians… you might have one that match but do you honestly think you can do it again?  I’ll answer that for you two as I don’t think you two were ever capable of thinking… Stan “The Man” Hansen and “Captain Redneck” Dick Murdoch have never lost two matches in a row.  Those titles will be ours. 

Before his next bout, Ted Dibiase and Sheik join Gordon Solie for a pre-match interview.

Gordon:  Mr. Dibiase… your team, “The Million Dollar Corporation” seems to have let you down last week in Lakefront Arena as Dr. Death is now the Louisiana Heavyweight Champion.

Buk3VvR.png?1

Ted Dibiase:  For once Gordan, I agree with you.  I asked for no help in my match against Dr. Death.  I have never asked for help in any of my matches.  I truly believe that if left alone, I am the greatest wrestler in the world.  What Alofa did was unacceptable.  He cost me my title.  Because of his actions… he has been released from the Million Dollar Corporation.  He is no longer a part of Mid-South Wrestling.  I will defeat Dr. Death in our rematch in the Superdome and prove to everyone that my loss to Dr. Death was nothing but a fluke.  I will prove to the Sheik that his investment in me was money well spent. 

zgKU7Zv.png?1

Sheik Adnan Al Kassie:  Not to change the subject Gordan… but I heard those Texas Outlaws speaking about the match they just lost and how they have never lost two matches in a row.  That is simply because they have never faced a team like Konga and Nord before.  I am the manager of champions.  I will continue to manage champions.  Texas Outlaws… you think you were bloodied and bruised before, wait till next time. 

Gordon:  Thank you for your time gentleman.  I believe that you, Mr. Dibiase have a match.   

MATCH #3

“Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie defeated Rocky Royal with the Figure 4 

After the bout, Vader joins Gordon Solie. 

Ifuh7pz.png?1

Gordon tried to start the interview but Vader just grabbed the microphone and started screaming about how Woman and Lex Luger created the monster that he is right now and that the problem for them is that there is no putting the monster back in his cage.  Vader discussed how much fun it was to watch Woman and Lex Luger run back to the locker room with their tails between their legs at Lakefront Arena last week and how those two now realize that the inevitable is upon them.  Luger will soon be a bloody mess as he hands his title to Vader as he is forced to leave Mid-South Wrestling

Gordon:  Now that is the most intense I have ever seen Vader.  Luger better be ready. 

Before the match, the Steiner Brothers join Gordon Solie.

BqH8sCB.png

Gordon:  Gentleman, I don’t think your match against Hot Stuff Inc. last week went the way you wanted.

Scott Steiner:  It was definitely not what we wanted.  It was all our faults.  We put our guard down against one of the dirtiest players in the game.

Gordon:  Very true Scott but as a result of that match, Eddie now gets a Mid-South TV Title match against you Rick.

Rick Steiner:  True but Scott said a mouthful.  I will be prepared for anything he does.  I will expect the unexpected.  I am national college champion.  I am better than he is.  I am stronger than he is.  I am faster than he is.  In the Louisiana Superdome on July 4th, I am going to suplex him on his head and then walk out with my Television Title.

Gordon:  Fair enough Rick but I warn you, Eddie Gilbert is one dangerous man.  Ask Dr. Tom Prichard… Ask Freebird Michael Hayes.  Those are some big names who are no longer part of Mid-South Wrestling due to Eddie Gilbert. 

MATCH #4

Woman’s Match

Medusa Micelli defeats Misty Blue Simmes with a Snap Suplex rolled over into a pin

Medusa joins Gordon after the bout.

Gordon: I must say Medusa, that was a very exciting match.

1WHD7M9.png

Medusa:  Gordon, I am just thankful for the opportunity to be here.  Misty is a great wrestler; a former champion and I was lucky to come out on top.  I hope the fans in Mid-South like what they saw and that I am back for many more matches in the futures. 

Before our main event, Lex Luger and Woman are at the podium.

Gordon:  I never thought I would see you two run away in fear!

Woman:  Excuse me Gordon.  I think ‘re mistaken.  The match at Lakefront Arena against Vader was over.  Lex Luger was still the champion. What else did you want us to do?

Gordon:  Was the match not over because you hit Vader with a chair.

Lex Luger:  Gordon… This is simple.  I’m the champion.  Vader is not.  Vader has been second fiddle around here for the better part of two years.  Soon it will all be over.  Ernie Ladd has finally done something right.  A Loser-Leave Town Match.  Vader… you’ve been a Loser since you got here.  Now you get one more chance to do what your used to… Lose…  then pack your bags, wave goodbye to the fans and wave goodbye to me… the Mid-South Champion.

Gordon Solie:  Fair enough.  Let’s get to our main event. 

Main Event Match

Mid-South Title Match

Hacksaw Butch Reed vs Kareem Muhammed with Snowman

Let’s just get to the inevitable, Snowman doesn’t wait long to get involved and the 2-1 attack begins.  Give Hacksaw some credit.  He went toe to toe with the two big men and held his own for a minute or two.  He would clobber Snowman and the turn and do the same to Muhammed.  Eventually, the attack got the best of him, and he was taken blow after blow.  Gordon Solie was calling for the calvary and the crowd exploded as Junk Yard Dog rushed the ring!

The problem was that by this point, Reed was not much help and while JYD started out like a house afire, he soon met the same fate as Butch Reed.  As we run out of time, the fans are silent as both Reed and JYD are down, and the beating is continuing. 

MusOQ2Q.jpg

Gordon Solie:  Wow… fans… this Pier 6 Brawl is still ragging but we are out of time.  Until next time, so long from the Pelican State.

July 4th is shaping up nicely with just those 4 matches.

I'm thinking Eddie is going to need a little help and he'll get it in winning the TV Title. He's not the biggest or the strongest guy, nor is he the best wrestler but his head is in the game and knows what needs to be done to win and having Missy in your corner doesn't hurt.

Medusa was a looker. Doesn't hurt that she can actually wrestle.

Perhaps DiBiase is seeing the error of his ways, putting too much control in the hands of others? Time to ditch all of the heavy baggage ... Kassie, I'm looking at you and rely just on his wrestling prowess.

Ernie Ladd starts the show with a huge announcement, Mid-South is spending Independence Day in the Superdome!

Eddie is confident he's winning the TV title while Rick is confident his brother's got his back.

Medusa with a incredible debut with a win over the former NWA World Women's champion.

Alofa finds himself in the unemployment line while The Barbarians get ready for round 2 with the Texas Outlaws.

Luger's gonna get locked in a cage with the monster he & Woman made.

JYD joins Reed in the fight against the reborn Movement....and pays the price.

Mid South always knows how to rock in the Superdome! 

Eddie and Missy always seem to come out ahead in the end. I have a feeling they have something big planned to get the TV title off Rick. 

The Nation is here and sounds like they want Reed to see the light. 

I can't wait for another Barbarians/Outlaws match. I think it's time for an Outlaws title reign. 

I'll say this, if Dibiase goes back to focusing on his skills he just might regain the Louisianna title.

Is it finally going to be Vader time? 

Rick seems more than ready for Gilbert, but Gordon brought up some great points on who Gilbert's ran out of town. 

I can see Medusa bringing some serious attention to Woman's wrestling in Mid South. 

Luger is very confident heading into his loser leaves town match with Vader. Is Luger the future of Mid South or like I said before, is it Vader's time. Big money match! 

Oh Yea! A Reed/JYD alliance! The Nation get the best of them tonight but JYD and Reed are serious trouble for the Nation. This feud's got the heat!