Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 8/24 - 8/26 - Shenanigans Afoot

Timbo Slice

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is gonna be the greatest night in the history of our sport. Or not. 

Will CM Punk disappoint the entire AEW Galaxy ? Will Phil Brooks screw Phil Brooks ? Will MJF show up to screw his former idol ? Will Stokely Hataway recruit his 34th body in his evergrowing stable ? Will Thunder Rosa put on a booboo face on as she's getting closer to drop the belt to Toni Storm ? Will some idiot make a complete fool out of himself showing a "TK fears Corny" signs for two hours straight ? Will Kip Sabian get the fuck out of that stupid box already ? See you in a few.

In summary, Tony addressed the communication issues, Kenny and the Bucks said their doors are open for everyone as well. He went over the new coaches and the new talent relations people.  Jericho and Schiavone spoke as well, and it was mentioned that their Chief Legal Officer (Megha, I presume) sent a letter to Nick Khan and Stephanie over contract tampering allegations. 

García having to sell all those emotions over being called a "wrestler" or a "sport entertainment" was quite something, not an easy spot to be on.

And fucking hell, that dumbass Hager better nor have concuss Dragon with that sneak attack. Both the clothesline and the slam looked fucking awful for Danielson's head.

9 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

García having to sell all those emotions over being called a "wrestler" or a "sport entertainment" was quite something, not an easy spot to be on.

Honestly, the segment missed the mark for me.

I couldn't take the "conflict" seriously.

And it doesn't help that Garcia still comes across as a fan, which may very well have been the intention here, but his mic work is still more than a bit unpolished, to say the least.

Like Serena Deeb a few months back, it was a case of good verbiage but sloppy execution.

Just now, C.S. said:

Honestly, the segment missed the mark for me.

I couldn't take the "conflict" seriously.

And it doesn't help that Garcia still comes across as a fan, which may very well have been the intention here, but his mic work is still more than a bit unpolished, to say the least.

Like Serena Deeb a few months back, it was a case of good verbiage but sloppy execution.

I mostly agree, but the crowd was really into it. As silly as it is, it's working as it's by far the biggest reaction García has gotten from the AEW fanbase. Silly shit like this can only work in wrestling, to be honest.