Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 8/24 - 8/26 - Shenanigans Afoot

Timbo Slice

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally cracked up at the Jade backstage segment, where she's attacked "from nowhere" by Athena. Basically she did not see Athena coming as she was right out of the frame ? :lol: I mean, we're here again ? Same kinda thing happened with the Hook segment, where 2.0 literally entered the frame as Hook was leaving (which was pointed out by Lexy, who's doing a really good job with what she's given). These backstage segments needs some serious work in term of pacing, they always come off rushed as hell (which is kind of an issue in general, they switch from one segment to another way too quickly sometime).

9 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Based on that Dustin tweet and the end of that match,I'm predicting that for the first time, a Rhodes turns on an Anderson first.

Not so sure about that. But I could see Arn managing his son teaming with Pillman as heels, as they were pretty good together at Flair's retirement show (Pillman noticeably better than he probably ever looked in AEW). Or maybe an entire heel groupe with Dustin, although I can't really see Dustin being booed at this stage of his career.

30 minutes ago, El-P said:

Not so sure about that. But I could see Arn managing his son teaming with Pillman as heels, as they were pretty good together at Flair's retirement show (Pillman noticeably better than he probably ever looked in AEW).

Yeah I agree, I mentioned that earlier in this thread I think. Or somewhere else, I don’t remember. Point is, Arn has managed Brock and Pillman Jr. on a couple of independent shows recently (including in a match against FTR who had Bret in their corner) and to me, going that direction makes a lot of sense. It gives Brock a way to get more experience, and working with Arn can only help Pillman at this point.

Yep.

Also, I sure hope #10 acting like his knee is fucked up will lead to him being replaced by Hangman Page eventually, leading to a final that actually looks like a final. I could have sworn that the graphics of Dark Order on Dynamite was Silver/Reynolds and a shadow, but I did not check back. Obviously it wasn't the case in the end, but there's no way they make it to the final without Hangman being involved, it would make zero sense. 

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Yep.

Also, I sure hope #10 acting like his knee is fucked up will lead to him being replaced by Hangman Page eventually, leading to a final that actually looks like a final. I could have sworn that the graphics of Dark Order on Dynamite was Silver/Reynolds and a shadow, but I did not check back. Obviously it wasn't the case in the end, but there's no way they make it to the final without Hangman being involved, it would make zero sense. 

It was a shadowy silhouette, yes. 

There must be a proper explanation to this, I am sure. 

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

It was a shadowy silhouette, yes. 

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

There was a shadow on the Dark Order graphic, and Hangman stepping in for his wacky bros makes all the sense in the world. 

Thankfully I did not hallucinate ! Yeah, I guess this was a fumble and Hangman taking 10's place is the plan for the finals.

Video game, DLC maybe ? People are already posting stuff about them leaving of course. :rolleyes: