Timbo Slice

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

It somehow made MFJ more popular in Chicago than Punk (?)

That was kind of my thought when I said what I said before about not doing the MJF reveal at the end of the PPV. He was going to get a huge pop for it when it happened, and that (plus the dueling Mox chants during the match) made Punk seem a bit smaller after all of the over the top Chicago hometown hero stuff.

Or maybe, eventually, that will be the point.

Of course after hearing about Punk mouthing off at the presser, MJF already feels like old news. Holy shit.

1 minute ago, Jmare007 said:

Watching the presser and it' way funnier than just reading his quotes and yeah, work or shoot Tony has to make him work against all these people for the next year. The vitriol towards Hangman is hilariously uncalled for.

I love it. Tony nods along while he shits on the Bucks and Page.

Before it gets lost in the excitement I do want to say how unbelievably awesome the tag title match was. Like, I literally can't believe how great it was.

Like, I was up out of my seat yelling at the telly, "CALL THE AUDIBLE! PUT THEM OVER!" great.

Like, I actually believed that Keith Lee was going to be pinned with a fucking rollup great.

It was probably the match I was least into before the show, and it sent me into orbit. Awesome shit. Total career performance from Bowens especially. They really have to run with the Acclaimed right now as much as they can.

They were so over that their loss killed the rest of the show until the main event.

Punk is gonna Punk, but I kinda get where he's coming from in the sense that this shit was like a decade ago and people still want to stir shit up about it. Like even if this is eventually all just worky-shooty stuff to build heat, it's obvious he's legit upset about it. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Redman said:

Before it gets lost in the excitement I do want to say how unbelievably awesome the tag title match was. Like, I literally can't believe how great it was.

Like, I was up out of my seat yelling at the telly, "CALL THE AUDIBLE! PUT THEM OVER!" great.

Like, I actually believed that Keith Lee was going to be pinned with a fucking rollup great.

It was probably the match I was least into before the show, and it sent me into orbit. Awesome shit. Total career performance from Bowens especially. They really have to run with the Acclaimed right now as much as they can.

They were so over that their loss killed the rest of the show until the main event.

Agree. Between this and the rampage match with Nese and Woods, Lee and Strickland are starting to look like they might be the best tag champs in a year.

8 minutes ago, DR Ackermann said:

Agree. Between this and the rampage match with Nese and Woods, Lee and Strickland are starting to look like they might be the best tag champs in a year.

A lot of us in my friend groups feel like Swerve should be a main-eventer down the line.  He can even do the media crossover stuff that Cody did for them before!

That said, Stacy was right to mention Bowens.  He's improved markedly over the last year+, which they badly needed since Caster is middling at best in the ring.  Now they have a dynamic of mic guy + workhorse which i think can make them viable tag champs, especially with ol' Billy Ass apparently being the last missing piece for them.

24 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Punk is gonna Punk, but I kinda get where he's coming from in the sense that this shit was like a decade ago and people still want to stir shit up about it. Like even if this is eventually all just worky-shooty stuff to build heat, it's obvious he's legit upset about it. 

So man the fuck up and say, "No comment." This is full-on Streisand Effect and incredibly selfish on his part. Like, I'm sensing there's going to be some major "either he goes or I go" directives coming out of this.