Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 11/2-11/4

sek69

Remember former Young Lion Masakazu Fukuda, who suffered a cerebral hemorrhage in 1999. After brain surgery, he underwent a battery of neurological tests and was given the green light to return to the ring. In a match against, ironically enough, Shibata, he suffered another cerebral hemorrhage and died. So I don't blame New Japan for being gun-shy given that history.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

So I don't blame New Japan for being gun-shy given that history.

Yep. And I cringe every time I see any of them still do shoot headbutts. I just don't get it.

I guess Danielson and Shibata could just do a Taichi vs Ibushi. Not sure the audience would get it, but at least, not much risk there.

3 hours ago, Cien Caras said:

That won’t stop fans fantasy booking supposed dream matches against a guy who had brain bleeding and should clearly not be anywhere near a ring.

Yeah, suffice to say, there have been a few recent developments in AEW that has left me feeling like I should just step off this bus and let everybody else enjoy the rest of the ride...and this is one of them.

Then again, I never liked the "badass" moment of Shibata headbutting Okada until he busted his own head open (damn near killing himself in the process) either. Call me a killjoy, but it sort of takes me out of the experience as a viewer when I'm wondering if someone's going to die in the ring.

I was surprised the fans cheered Colt Cabana. I was wondering if there was going to be CM Punk chants like after he left WWE. I'm still wondering if there are going to be CM Punk chants when the Bucks and Omega come back.

I really liked both the Darby and Moxley matches. I think Darby has more than just crazy bumps, he is good at generating babyface sympathy. 

9 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I was surprised the fans cheered Colt Cabana. I was wondering if there was going to be CM Punk chants like after he left WWE. I'm still wondering if there are going to be CM Punk chants when the Bucks and Omega come back.

I really liked both the Darby and Moxley matches. I think Darby has more than just crazy bumps, he is good at generating babyface sympathy. 

I don't think they'll get massive chants like there were in WWE but I have no doubt there's gonna be a few people that will heckle Kenny and the Bucks by screaming Punk's name. I actually wonder if they'll respond considering they have a live mic, or if they'll  be even allowed to.

52 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

I don't think they'll massive chants like there were in WWE but I have no doubt there's gonna be a few people that will heckle Kenny and the Bucks by screaming Punk's name. I actually wonder if they'll respond considering they have a live mic, or if they'll are even allowed to.

Would you give Eddie Kingston one?

I’m not expecting a lot of chants. The test should be Chicago.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Would you give Eddie Kingston one?

I’m not expecting a lot of chants. The test should be Chicago.

Me? hell yeah. A dude like Kingston would probably have a response that would turn the whole situation around and get him more over.

The Elite guys would probably do some tongue in cheek shit that would probably get a big reaction too, tbh.

5 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Tyson on Rampage was amazing. It was  one of the great rapist performances in a business full of them. 

The undying Tyson love is something that baffles me as much as whenever someone deemed "progressive" wears a 2-Pac shirt.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

(watching Rampage now) JR seems especially pissy tonight. Maybe he's salty Iron Mike was better than him on commentary?

Actually, Iron Mike was better than what I expected, which says a lot. JR did not seem to have a lot of fun this week. That being said, neither was I. But JR comes off more and more out of date with every month passing by. The "unlimited" potential of Wardlow (sure), him wanting more of Gates of Agony (holy fuck, that was the worst take of all, these guys have no business in AEW, they bring nothing to the table at any level), taking that alpha-male/alpha-female shit that should be reserved to incels discussions on Reddit.

Shibata vs Orange was quite good, but I was not comfy watching it, I must say. The randomness of the whole thing really made it work.

Rest of the show, complete and utter waste of time. It seems like Hayter has cooled off. Well done. The angle was her vs Britt, and they have done nothing to develop that story in weeks now, and they are getting some storyline for her vs Storm (which should be terrific and I look forward to it, don't get me wrong) out of a hat. Hopefully she can get back some momentum, but she was crazy over when people wanted her to turn on Britt. She surely was not here.

Gates of Agony are fast-forward material. I have no idea why these guys are getting TV time. They won't get over, the matches are boring as hell, they have no personality at all. This is NWO-B Team on Thunder level. What a waste of Joe. They really deserve to be killed in ratings by putting on stuff like this, it's like TK forgot why there was an audience for AEW to begin with (Orange vs Shibata was AEW from 2019-2021).

Shibata v Orange was sort of awesome. I get that it makes a lot of people uncomfortable and maybe I am just being naive, but I tend to default to believing that due diligence is done and enjoying what is in front of me when I can, so while I cringed a few times I was really excited to see Shibata in pretty much full-on match. If they give us Shibata v Dragon, I'll be over the moon.