Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Survivor Series - The Gaming of War

Timbo Slice

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like people are pulling this out of thin air though, she's been pretty open about not really being in to her current role and that she wanted to go back to the Fiend stuff.  It's not the biggest leap to suspect she might have got to the "fuck all this" stage.

Maybe she was just pissed that she nearly got wiped out by the camera cable on her way to the ring. 

Corey Graves also mentioned it on Raw during the main event while she & Bianca were watching the Rhea/Asuka match. Corey questioned if Bianca could trust Alexa for War Games if her head wasn't into it. So clearly, this isn't a matter of her having a booboo face over her booking.

Things are about to move along with the Bray Wyatt pretty thing quickly. Obviously RAW stars a new PPV cycle. 

Spoiler

There was a face reveal on Smackdown of another wrestler that was too hidden for it's own good. I went frame by frame to find it and I couldn't. But people in WWE were upset no fan caught it. 

I know of two male wrestlers including the above that hopefully will join up with the storyline. One from NXT that's logical and a good fit and another one really out of left field but makes sense if you think about it after the initial shock.

Zero clue about Bliss, Bo Dallas or Bray's fiance and ex-WWE ring announcer Jo Jo Offerman.

I thought I understood pro wrestling but the match layout of the main event was weird. I mean I get the storyline they want to tell, but the "faces win the cointoss, the heels have to fight from underneath the entire time but once there are enough people in the ring easily have the upper hand" booking made the faces look like the biggest jabronies. Sure, sometimes you have to sacrifice people but at least switch the women's and men's War Games matches if the men's version is just one big angle. Though the women's match also had its problems (like multiple women spending half of the period when their partner were getting beat up throwing stuff into the ring instead of helping them).

I am also so beyond table spots in pro wrestling. More so if the crowd chants "we want tables" and you end up with the heels getting the tables into the ring.

I did not watch Styles vs. Balor or Rollins vs. Lashley vs. Theory and Rousey vs. Shotzi was a mess full of blown spots.

But considering that the WrestleWar 92 War Games is widely considered the best War Games Match ever, I think it's understandable that Cole referenced this one, especially with the people that Paul E. was managing: Rick Rude, Stunning Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton & Larry Zbyszko. Much more appealing to mention than the SST (even though, in hindsight, they're related to the Bloodline so it would've made a bit of sense too).

Overall thought this was a really enjoyable show. Really seems like this year in particular is the hottest WWE has been in a long ass time in terms of shows, crowds, and storylines.

Women's War Games was frequently sloppy as hell, but had a lot of fun character moments and spots. Dakota Kai bumping like 90s HBK had me :towel because she had the least amount of padding of any body in the match to absorb the pretty brutal shit she was taking over and over. 

AJ vs Balor was really well laid out and structured, although Balor is so cartoonishly over the top in his heel mannerisms and vocalizations. Guy really needs to go back to the Prince attitude in the ring. Really pretty amazing that AJ still does everything at such a high level considering he's really never had time off in 20+ years. He really hasn't slowed down physically in what he can do and how well he can do it despite being in his mid 40s and having a highly athletic and bump heavy style his entire career.

Shotzi/Ronda was also sloppy has hell, but had some interesting stuff going on. It is kind of odd to me that Ronda is being booked to be taken to the limit by a true mid carder. She does not feel special at ALL anymore. She's had a couple of good matches in her second run, but the luster of her star power feels completely gone.

Triple threat was pretty fun. Is Rollins just a full blown face again? It's wild how over Lashley is as a face using a god damn full nelson in 2022.

Men's War Games was a delight. Sami Uso is the best angle in probably a decade or more.