Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Survivor Series - The Gaming of War

Timbo Slice

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see digging that match if you're invested in the Sami/Bloodline story, but as someone who doesn't watch WWE regularly and dipped in for the War Games concept, I had no use for it. No blood, the usual WWE plunder shit, weird babyface advantage booking, no real sense of hatred between the factions. They could have just done a 10-man tag with the same finish. 

15 minutes ago, Childs said:

I could see digging that match if you're invested in the Sami/Bloodline story, but as someone who doesn't watch WWE regularly and dipped in for the War Games concept, I had no use for it. No blood, the usual WWE plunder shit, weird babyface advantage booking, no real sense of hatred between the factions. They could have just done a 10-man tag with the same finish. 

It's a match that relies on storyline beats a bit, yes. Following Sami character's growth from week to week, Jey being distrustful of him, KO trying to put some sense into his head etc, has been fucking awesome.

Like, Jey finally hugging Sami got one of the loudest pops of the night. While a casual viewer could understand what the character dynamics are based on the match/promo package, the weekly build certainly helped it.

Not a great show, to be honest. The main event delivered, as this storyline is EASILY the best thing going on in wrestling at the moment, and the opener was a fun romp.

Well, the quite tedious reactions to this show shows how afar I am from the companies aesthetics, because apparently apart from the expectedly great Sami Uso storyline, there was nothing much in term of quality in this one. And really now, Plundergames don't sound any fun, especially when in fact, the Blood & Guts matches in AEW were not exactly the most successful nor enjoyable big gimmick match they did either , actually they noticeably were some of my least favorites. I guess I shouldn't even bother to press the "cognitive dissonance" button for this one and wait for the Rumble which...

6 hours ago, Strummer said:

Wwe rehired Brian Kendrick. 

WHAT THE FUCK ? 

KKKanye West at Mania confirmed.

Gotta love Lesveque's answer to the question about where they want to go next, and he says everywhere, as they look forward to sit down with local governments. Yep. We've seen that, we've seen that...

13 hours ago, Coffey said:

This match stinks 

I'm not on mobile anymore so let me expand on this some in regards to the women's War Games match:

First of all, right from the jump, it felt like Nikki Cross & Mia Yim didn't even need to be in the match. They were basically only there to make it 5v5 instead of 4v4. Mia was a fish out of water compared to the rest of the women. Secondly, especially the first half of the match before all the women were in the match, it was worked horribly. And I don't just mean all the wasted time getting weapons out from under the ring - because you know you need a fucking trash can lid when you're in a goddamn cage match - but even the work itself, like the strikes, were missing by a mile while they were doing close up camera shots. It looked really amateur & bush league. Then you had all the contrived big spots where everyone has to get into position and wait to catch a motherfucker, which I loathe. The whole handcuff shit with Alexa & Nikki was horribly done.

Speaking of Alexa, I don't know if she was pouting or what but Alexa Bliss looked like she didn't want to be there at all. I don't know if it was due to the camera cable being there during her entrance or if she hates her current direction/character or what the fuck but she definitely had a boo boo face on the whole time. Maybe she's hurt? I don't know. That was some Edge while Cena gets the Spaceman entrance shit. 

It was a War Games match & WWE still couldn't get away from all their shit tropes. They had tables & ladders & chairs & kendo sticks & trash cans & lids with two cages & top of the cage crossbody blocks & moonsaults & it was terrible.

I liked the finish fine. I hope Bayley is alright after that Powerbomb on her neck. Dakota is an MVP for being the work horse & taking some nasty bumps - especially into the cage.