Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 11/30 - 12/2 - Things and Stuff

Timbo Slice

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

Tony, if you’re reading this (and you are because you’re conveniently booking Danielson in a main event match for the title), pay Kawada whatever he wants for one match with Eddie. 

Kawada looks exactly as the ramen shop owner he currently is, I don't think even Eddie would like to fight him currently. I don't want Tony to support the heavy doses of HGH needed for him to go back to wrestling shape.

Eddie vs Yuki Ishikawa though....book it Adderall Man!

8 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

Ethan Page is right there with Jay Lethal in the Pushes No One Asked For department.

Yeah, that guy does nothing for me. I thought him and Josh Alexander were an outstanding Tag Team but I couldn’t give less of a shit about him as a singles wrestler. He’s the definition of unremarkable.

She was just…I do not blame Bow Wow at all. Shoot your shot. 

Meanwhile, this main event has too much fuckery. Too many big moves just being kicked out of. Ref shenanigans that doesn’t mean much. The action is gonna carry it to a favorable result for fans of the style but it also has a weird structure to it. 

Danielson vs. Dax was a fucking great match. I hope it leads to something, because the only story behind it was "Dax wants to test himself". Great matches are fine, but if there's no reason beyond that with Dax losing? Then who cares? Great match but what are the stakes? I'd hope that since the BCC is done it leads to an allegiance of FTR and Danielson, who can then feud with the Elite with Danielson serving as the Punk proxy.

The Regal situation is weird. Everyone seems to think he's going back to WWE (who obviously wants him back badly) but his deal ending now would have made it a nine month contract which wouldn't make sense when every other AEW contract is at least one year. Not to mention at the time he signed, Regal wouldn't have had any reason to believe he'd be wanted back in WWE any time soon so why would he bother signing with another company if it was only going to be a short term deal. 

I suppose Regal is so universally respected maybe TK did him a solid, but why do a favor for your competition? 

Yeah, my guess is that if he's going back to WWE it's because he asked to be released and it granted by TK.

I think it's a loss off screen for AEW, as I think Regal was still working out with people before shows (doing it with Danielson) but as an on screen personality I think he was a huge let down. The best thing he did was the first vignette of the BCC and everything else was a mix of him being kinda lost out there and never finding his footing as the manager of a group that lost it's purpose very, very early on.

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The Regal situation is weird. Everyone seems to think he's going back to WWE (who obviously wants him back badly) but his deal ending now would have made it a nine month contract which wouldn't make sense when every other AEW contract is at least one year. Not to mention at the time he signed, Regal wouldn't have had any reason to believe he'd be wanted back in WWE any time soon so why would he bother signing with another company if it was only going to be a short term deal. 

I suppose Regal is so universally respected maybe TK did him a solid, but why do a favor for your competition? 

The lens to look through is Vince and Ric Flair's agreement in 1991. That he could request his notice and leave he wasn't a pushed as a main event star. 

Regal in WWE talents relations and his talent identification should again benefit the entire industry. AEW, IMPACT and New Japan have all benefited from Regal's eye for talent out stripping the amount of available spots on the WWE main roster.

Or wrestlers in their 20s that just weren't ready yet skill set wise or mature enough as a person that needed a run in the "minors".

15 minutes ago, rovert said:

Regal in WWE talents relations and his talent identification should again benefit the entire industry. AEW, IMPACT and New Japan have all benefited from Regal's eye for talent out stripping the amount of available spots on the WWE main roster.

Yeah but you could say it only benefited other companies because Vince didn't know what to do with the talent Regal would find and that won't be an issue anymore. Sure, there's still only going to be so many spots to go around, but I don't think "talented WWE contracted person who was misused gets a chance to show what they can do somewhere else" will be as much of a thing as it used to be. 

This was a pretty fun episode of Dynamite.

- Loved Dax v Dragon (probably want to watch it again)
- Loved the Hangman/Mox brawl. Their first match was on its way to greatness before the concussion. They seem to have good chemistry and the promos were and will continue to be awesome.
- Loved the MJF promo. I wasn't crazy about the path MJF took to the title, but the Regal turn was awesome and this promo sort of course corrected and reestablished a good base moving forward.
- Excited for Danielson vs MJF.
- AR Fox v Joe was fun
- Always happy to see Willow on my TV
- The main was sort of fun, but sort of a mess. Just not really my thing, especially these days. I'm still down for some crazy-cocaine-spotcentric wrestling, but it isn't really my favorite thing. I sort of admire them (spitefully?) leaning into it with this best of 7 series, but it just isn't going to be my favorite thing on the show.