Coffey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jmare007 said:

It makes zero sense Danielson hasn't come out and make Max shut the fuck up. This is going way too long and I'm a huge MJF fan.

Yeah I’m as a big an MJF fan as you’re going to find, but that was pretty weak to be honest. That actually reminded me of Miz, and that’s not a compliment.

I'll be the one to say it:

I don't give a fuck about Danielson vs. Takeshita.

The result is a foregone conclusion and therefore the match isn't exciting.

But at least there's a reason for it, which is more than I can say for most Dynamite matches, so I'll give it that.

(Even if the reason isn't particularly compelling - MJF repeating the same stale, tired, been there, done that, "run the gauntlet" bullshit.)

I just saw that they have Wille Mack losing to Brian Fucking Cage on Dark this week. That’s bizarre and kind of depressing. I used to think Mack had a ton of potential and I assumed Impact did as well when they poached him from the NWA right before Power debuted. Now he’s jobbing on a YouTube show. Sad.

10 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Very weird they basically had two very similar matches (Mox vs Hangman and Danielson vs Takeshita) in the same show.

I thought the match was pretty damn good, all things considered. It was noteworthy how popular Takeshita is with the AEW fans too. They might be onto something with him. Unless Tony Khan screws it up. Which he probably will. One roster can only handle so much “can’t miss” young talent when they only have 3 hours of TV a week. But I hope I’m wrong, I kind of like Takeshita.

3 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I thought the match was pretty damn good, all things considered. It was noteworthy how popular Takeshita is with the AEW fans too. They might be onto something with him. Unless Tony Khan screws it up. Which he probably will. One roster can only handle so much “can’t miss” young talent when they only have 3 hours of TV a week. But I hope I’m wrong, I kind of like Takeshita.

I liked it a lot more than the opener but it was still weird because it kinda made Mox/Hangman look inferior for no real reason.

2 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I just saw that they have Wille Mack losing to Brian Fucking Cage on Dark this week. That’s bizarre and kind of depressing. I used to think Mack had a ton of potential and I assumed Impact did as well when they poached him from the NWA right before Power debuted. Now he’s jobbing on a YouTube show. Sad.

Well Cage is signed and Mack (at least as far as I know) isn't, so it makes sense in that context.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

I'm actually a pretty big fan of MJF in the ring, but the cheap heat edgelord act is tired and cringe. So naturally his current gimmick is that he never wrestles and cuts interminable "the local sports team SUCKS" promos every week.

This time it wasn't even that. It was like a Bray Wyatt version cheap heat. Maybe the point was to annoy people that just wanted to watch Danielson vs Takeshita? lol. I'm normally OK with his shtick but this wasn't it.

Show was awesome, except for the absolutely by the numbers literally predict exactly what every punchline before he said it MJF promo, and the JAS bullshit. Women's match did fall apart, but what Britt Baker match doesn't? Ladder match had some fucking insane bumps. TK reading these threads of people bitching about Bryan's booking and deciding to book him as The World Warrior for the next 8 weeks.

There's enough top level talent from all over the world that Bryan can go right up to the PPV without facing two people from the same country.