AEW TV (1/11-1/13)

Coffey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome episode, mostly (yeah, some of the babyface stuff during the JAS segment was shoddy, especially the lines about Tay, and Saraya still absolutely looks like she has had her second match in seven years, but won't blame her for that). 

The fact that Omega had that match a week after his GOTY with Ospreay at WK nails it once and for all. He's the greatest pro-wrestler I've ever seen in more than 30 years of watching way too much of this shit. Not that the other ones involved weren't mind-blowing though. Just wonderful stuff.

And yeah, Page vs Mox and Takeshita vs Danielson absolutely delivered.

Funnily enough, I was thinking about how Cole coming back the same day as Page making his in-ring return would be the perfect 1-2 punch in a meta way (both Adams coming back from bad injuries). That was a terrific feel-good moment.

I'm not a huge Juice Robinson guy, but having him show up and immediately do two title match jobs is... weird? Feels like even a modicum of work establishing his act would have been helpful. He seems to just be a solo version of Bullet Club Juice (down to the t-shirt), but there's no context for that. 

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

Great main event on Rampage. The women's division has become so much better since Toni Storm got the belt. I like Rosa but for whatever reason, she was the worst champ in AEW history as yet. 

Looking back, I wonder how much of that was due to her seemingly rubbing everyone else in the division the wrong way. 

JungleHOOK have to be the next long-term babyface tag team champs, after the Acclaimed are done. That T-bone suplex to Big Bill by HOOK got a gigantic response, even tho the production and shooting of it was a bit sloppy (now that we have an experienced expert in charge of production, hopefully these are just teething problems, to be got solved in the end).

JungleHOOK really can be the Acclaimed's successors to the most over and popular tag team. TK, you are supposedly a stickler for long-term booking. Make sure the long-term booking for your shows culminate in JungleHOOK's coronation!! Make this 2023's John Cena v. Big Show (as described below).

Oh, and they should also book HOOK v. Big Bill, where HOOK just tosses Big Bill around. This will be like the booking of John Cena and the Big Show in 2003-04. Cena was amazing, but the Big Show had a massive role to play in Cena's overcoming the odds and elevation to the main event. Big Bill can do the same job for HOOK, book them against each other where HOOK keeps hitting Big Bill with his offence! 

I don't really want to see Hook stuck in the tag division, but I can see how you might want to hold back a big singles push until he's had a bit more experience.  I don't know if Jungle Boy is the best partner for him though. I would think maybe you would want someone with a bit more experience, but none of the more veteran guys in AEW right now seems like they would be a good fit with Hook right now.

Since Adam Cole doesn't seem to be connected to the rest of The Elite right now, or to Kyle O'Reilly, maybe we could see him team up with The Kingdom? That could be fun.

52 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Surprised more people aren't talking about the Powerbomb that Anna Jay took off the stage where she completely missed the table & landed smack dab on her fucking spine on the concrete.

That was fucking horrific. I really hope she is okay.

Everything I have seen of Willow gives me the impression she is a safe worker, so it just seems like a bad overshoot, but god damn.

It's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt in one of these ridiculous plunderfests. I guess the hope is that these women will get over that way the way Britt did with the lights out match, but the novelty of women in bloodbath matches is long gone. It's one thing for the company's best workers to do something like Anarchy in the Arena. But having far greener and sloppier workers roll around in thumbtacks makes the company look like a low-rent geek show in addition to the aforementioned injury risk.

11 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

That was fucking horrific. I really hope she is okay.

Everything I have seen of Willow gives me the impression she is a safe worker, so it just seems like a bad overshoot, but god damn.

Yeah it seemed like an overshoot since when you watch it, Willow wasn't able to see due to how powerbombs work and overestimated how far she needed to jump.