Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 1/18-1/20

Timbo Slice

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Man, what a step down for Danielson to wrestle Brian Cage next week. 

I'm actually interested if he can make the David vs Goliath formula work with Cage. If he actually gets the crowd to respond, boo Cage and get hot for Dragon's eventual comeback and win, it would be pretty damn impressive.

I thought he was going to ask for Lance Archer for this spot though.

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

Its amazing that the storyline is Bryan has to win all these matches to get the title shot, but he's so great he ends up getting the crowd to root for his opponent to win. 

Bryan is great, but the psychology of this is really weird. Going into the PPV as the face challenger to the dastardly heel by beating a series of babyfaces? Idk, something about it is off, even if it’s hard to complain about these excellent TV matches we’re getting.

Top Flight versus Bucks was exactly what I expected it to be, but at the same time not to the umpteenth degree it could have been. Top Flight winning was nice, they’re both green but are really sympathetic babyfaces.

5 minutes ago, Coffey said:

They've been fun but I wish they would get away from Lethal & Jarrett.

I totally get that. 

Why are the Bucks doing heel taunts. How can you use a song like Carry On My Wayward Son for many of your entrances and still act like heels? Why are they like this?

You know what, I actually really want to see the Elite being booked and presented by Vince McMahon. I bet that will be really interesting. 

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

Its amazing that the storyline is Bryan has to win all these matches to get the title shot, but he's so great he ends up getting the crowd to root for his opponent to win. 

44 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

Bryan is great, but the psychology of this is really weird. Going into the PPV as the face challenger to the dastardly heel by beating a series of babyfaces? Idk, something about it is off, even if it’s hard to complain about these excellent TV matches we’re getting.

I think it's a mix of him facing babyfaces that the fans want to see more from and fans knowing that these matches are a mere formality. They know Danielson is facing MJF at the PPV, there's no real stakes as no one believes Dragon is losing the title shot (even more so because there's no one else to challenge Max if Danielson fails on this quest). So they root for the underdog babyface because they kinda know Dragon is already set for the PPV.