Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 3/15-3/17 - Jade's Mystery Opponent, Max's Re-Bar Mitzvah

C.S.

The opening segment was good, albeit a bit too cutesy and shooty, but at least it potentially gets some new blood in the title picture.

The Cassidy/Jarrett match was well put together and enjoyable, and I've hated JJ since 1995 so that is quite a compliment coming from me!

Toni Storm deserves so much better than this Outcasts shit. The angle sucks, Saraya is an albatross, and Ruby isn't over.

This main event should be bat shit crazy!

Just now, Timbo Slice said:

What the fuck are they doing feeding Nicole Matthews to Jade like that

I was just coming back to say exactly that.

Boo on them for treating Nicole Matthews like a fucking scrub. They could have used anyone in that spot, and didn't need a well respected veteran with her level of talent to do a 2 minute TV job. 

Put her in there with Julia Hart or somebody where she can use all of that experience to help them get better.

On 3/16/2023 at 8:14 AM, KawadaSmile said:

Are Hangman and Mox still feuding? 

They are using the feud to transition to Hangman's reconciliation with the Elite. I think Hangman will focus more on Claudio now, (for the ROH title maybe) while other Elite members like Omega conclude their unfinished business with the BCC.

5 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

I was just coming back to say exactly that.

Boo on them for treating Nicole Matthews like a fucking scrub. They could have used anyone in that spot, and didn't need a well respected veteran with her level of talent to do a 2 minute TV job. 

Put her in there with Julia Hart or somebody where she can use all of that experience to help them get better.

I think it's a tricky one to balance, because I'm assuming they don't have plans to sign Matthews, so having an unknown (to most people) wrestler have a decent length match against your dominant champion, then never be seen again, would make no sense. At the same time, they'd made a bit of a big deal about who the mystery challenger would be, and Jade could probably do with working a longer match against someone as experienced as Matthews just to help with her evolution.

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

Thank God the king of mid Jeff Jarrett did not win the International title. 

OC has quietly had an excellent title reign. 

This might be an unpopular take, but I think JJ has been perfectly fine in this run. I think he gets a lot of shit because Russo had a hard-on for the guy and it's not like him getting pushed too hard was even on the top ten list of things going badly for WCW at that point. 

Can TK please stop booking world title angles centred around "MJF sucks at wrestling and isn't a worthy champion"? Like this is not 1988 anymore. MJF went 65 minutes with the Greatest of all Time and outlasted him and won. He doesn't suck at wrestling and he is a worthy champion, at least in kayfabe. What's the point of treating your own legacy like it doesn't mean shit. 

It should've been Taya getting squashed to set up Nicole's debut.

Re: MJF, who last night was saying he couldn't wrestle? They said he continually took shortcuts and got rewarded for it while the rest of them had to bust their asses to get where they are. They were questioning his character, not his ability. Ideally, the payoff would be him being dethroned by someone who does things the right way, but I have no idea if that's in the cards.

Good showing from nick jackson in the trios i thought. The *everyone lying down and near death* spot really doesn't work in a match like this though, if there are 9 of you then you should be going non-stop, even if its just a headlock. I guess it was going to break but still looks daft

Anyway good show. That soraya faction promo was god awful mind

Surely Claudio and Kingston have to work forbidden door