Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV (8/16 - 8/19)

The Thread Killer

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

Dying at Satnam looking like the world's largest Hillbilly Jim in those bib overalls

i wish i could see Satnam wrestle more. Hes so damn big!

Really enjoyed Dynamite this week. Wish they cut the MJF/Cole pre-tape or shortened the 2 segments. I Would have liked more time on the TEXAS CAHINSAW DEATHMATCH. Having Sting go full Joker mode ahead of the UK show is pretty smart.

As someone who is really enjoying the MJF/Cole pairing, I hope there is no turn (by either guy) at either All In or All Out, and not until at least Full Gear. Preferably not until well into 2024. TK has attention issues as a booker, but he doesn't usually jump the gun - in fact his problem is the opposite, he doesn't act until well after the right time has passed - so I am hopeful about this. 

Also, between babyface MJF being a massive hit and heel Starks cutting amazing promos weekly and getting more over and becoming a bigger star with each week, a babyface MJF v. heel Starks feud and match would bang hard. I really enjoyed their mini-feud even though it lasted like 2 weeks, and I see serious potential in that pairing. 

25 minutes ago, MoS said:

Also, between babyface MJF being a massive hit and heel Starks cutting amazing promos weekly and getting more over and becoming a bigger star with each week, a babyface MJF v. heel Starks feud and match would bang hard. I really enjoyed their mini-feud even though it lasted like 2 weeks, and I see serious potential in that pairing. 

One other aspect there - a heel Ricky who gets cheered allows a Max babyface turn to not be so sudden. He can be the "babyface" in the feud without having to get a 100% pure reaction. Also, Cole-Starks is a match that hasn't happened before (at least not on a big stage) and seems like it would work.

9 hours ago, MoS said:

As someone who is really enjoying the MJF/Cole pairing, I hope there is no turn (by either guy) at either All In or All Out, and not until at least Full Gear. Preferably not until well into 2024. TK has attention issues as a booker, but he doesn't usually jump the gun - in fact his problem is the opposite, he doesn't act until well after the right time has passed - so I am hopeful about this. 

agreed. this is the most I've enjoyed MJF.  Thought both MJF & Cole were excellent in laying out their promos as far as why they feel they have to win without crossing any heel turn lies, so I'm hoping they play it face vs face all the way through and beyond. The story has it's heel in Roderick joining up with the Kingdom against them. 

Babyface MJF feels like such a great payoff in that they've established pretty much since day one Max is an asshole as a defense mechanism from feeling alone and bullied as a kid. Him finding his first true friend in life and learning to enjoy life and be happy has been kind of heartwarming to see. LIke a real life version of the Grinch's heart growing three sizes that day. 

I just hope they don't go the obvious route of them losing the Aussie Open match due to a wacky understanding to create TENSION for the main event. As @Alucard mentioned, both guys did a great job stating their case for why they MUST win without being heelish at all. 

I truly hope Roddy just wears the neckbrace forever. Even wrestling. 

Have there been any rumors for who the mystery partners for BCC might be? I would assume Shota is a safe bet, but the other spot? Chris Hero seems like a guy who would be a good fit considering his history with both Claudio and Eddie, and also was one of Regal's last matches.

Just off the top of my head, under Florida Statute 784.021, the crime of aggravated assault is defined as an intentional and unlawful threat against another person with a deadly weapon, or while in the commission of a felony, which creates a reasonable fear that violence or harm is imminent.

7 hours ago, strobogo said:

I truly hope Roddy just wears the neckbrace forever. Even wrestling. 

Have there been any rumors for who the mystery partners for BCC might be? I would assume Shota is a safe bet, but the other spot? Chris Hero seems like a guy who would be a good fit considering his history with both Claudio and Eddie, and also was one of Regal's last matches.

Oh man, Eddie against Hero with a whole stadium at his disposal? bah gawd.

1 minute ago, Dav'oh said:

Just off the top of my head, under Florida Statute 784.021, the crime of aggravated assault is defined as an intentional and unlawful threat against another person with a deadly weapon, or while in the commission of a felony, which creates a reasonable fear that violence or harm is imminent.

Apparently it was a “road rage” incident. Which will undoubtedly disappoint the many people on Twitter, who had already decided that it was a domestic abuse situation. Despite the fact there was no evidence whatsoever of that.