Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 9/20 - 9/23 - Grand Slam With No Apostrophes

Timbo Slice

Toni Storm is genuinely the best gimmick in AEW right now, and that includes Miro and his indignation at how his hot and flexible wife is annoying and distracting him with her hotness and flexibility. She has got this dumbass "Mega-Outcasts Explode!!" storyline over with the fans just cuz of how over and popular she has become and continues to become

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, MoS said:

Toni Storm is genuinely the best gimmick in AEW right now, and that includes Miro and his indignation at how his hot and flexible wife is annoying and distracting him with her hotness and flexibility. She has got this dumbass "Mega-Outcasts Explode!!" storyline over with the fans just cuz of how over and popular she has become and continues to become

I agree. I never would have thought that I would mark out over somebody carrying shoes around and throwing them at people, but here we are.

As much as I love seeing Eddie as ROH champ, why would I care about ROH currently? I say this as someone who was at ROH shows regularly in 2004-2006 live who loves every memory of all the shows I was at. 
I had to fast forward from that match to the Joe/ MJF match because, Woof. The battle of OG Carnage Crew vs, " New" Carnage Crew was better than the rest of this show.

edit: Toni Storm is also a blast. She just needs to move on from shoes. Wire Hangers is RIGHT THERE.

The finish of Dragon vs Starks was brutal, gawd damn from the stomps to the head, to Ricky getting his mouth busted open to getting his head blasted with a knee wrapped up with a chain.

I really wanted Ricky to win but I guess Danielson is finally getting the wins and protection he should've had 12-18 months ago.

Kevin Kelly continues to be a fucking awful btw. How the hell you sell a "dream match" on PPV by saying the AEW star will be handicapped. The Sabre match has nothing on the line so selling the idea that Dragon will not be 100% (even though it's pretty obvious considering his injuries) just takes away from the match and adds absolutely nothing to it.

27 minutes ago, strobogo said:

White-O/Andrade ruled. It's funny how much better Andrade's back elbow is compared to the Judas Effect. Also, White using the ropes to pull himself up while holding Andrade in position for the Bladerunner was such a simple and common sense bit of selling that you never see.

Yeah, that little touch was awesome.

6 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Considering it's a nothing match, I think they are better off running an injury angle (that MJF might take offense to, considering he wrestled with a fucked up neck) and keeping Cole healthy than risking more damage against The Righteous.

Yeah I would honestly have Roddy replace Cole via shenanigans lol. It furthers the most over and popular storyline in the promotion, gives us a great match, and allows Cole to heal properly. As it is, the money is not in MJF-Cole wrestling together as much as in continuing to remain bros and further their bromance. They can even do skits with an enthu MJF trying to participate in Cole's rehab routines, to the latter's exasperation. Include Roddy there too. It is all a bit silly and melodramatic, but well done melodrama has always worked in pro wrestling, and the reactions, the quarter hours, and even All In's main event shows that this silly melodramatic shtick is definitely what the fans want and are clamouring for. 

Plus, MOAR RODDY WITH NECK BRACE SIGHTINGS!

3 hours ago, MoS said:

Yeah I would honestly have Roddy replace Cole via shenanigans lol. It furthers the most over and popular storyline in the promotion, gives us a great match, and allows Cole to heal properly. As it is, the money is not in MJF-Cole wrestling together as much as in continuing to remain bros and further their bromance. They can even do skits with an enthu MJF trying to participate in Cole's rehab routines, to the latter's exasperation. Include Roddy there too. It is all a bit silly and melodramatic, but well done melodrama has always worked in pro wrestling, and the reactions, the quarter hours, and even All In's main event shows that this silly melodramatic shtick is definitely what the fans want and are clamouring for. 

Plus, MOAR RODDY WITH NECK BRACE SIGHTINGS!

MJF and Roddy arguing about who has the most fucked up neck while Cole tries to do rehab would be funny, I'll give you that.

Who can conceivably take the belt from MJF right now? I'd reckon it would be a heel since MJF is so popular.

Putting the title on Cole is risky because of his health. Danielson hasn't won the title yet but I don't think he wants it. I don't think Omega wants it. Maybe an incoming WWE name like Edge or Ziggler in a few months? Or perhaps try to elevate Ricky, Sammy or Jack with a run? Ospreay's NJPW deal runs out in February of next year but I think WWE will go hard for him for Mania.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Edge beating MJF for the belt would be hilarious.

It'd get heat, I think. Is that outlandish? He's three years younger than Jericho. Max can win it back or OC. He wouldn't be able to call himself Edge in that scenario, and so it'd be a way to establish Adam Copeland or whatever he becomes outside of WWE. 

There was a report today that Edge is still considering WWE's offer, I'm just tossing a name out there.

4 hours ago, MLB said:

It'd get heat, I think. Is that outlandish?

I think it would get "fuck this company" kind of heat. The kind WWE loved to get from 2014 to 2020 and the kind AEW was kind of built on never making the fans go through it.

Ricky Starks beating MJF at whatever the new December PPV is (or winning it at Winter is Coming TV episode) would be the best choice, imo. Have Ricky beat Danielson at Full Gear and then challenge Max 1 year after he made the leap to the main event as the first defense to Max.

I feel like if Starks doesn't get a big push now, Tony is gonna lose him to WWE like he did Jade (and Cody, who recruited Jade to the E' and is very close to Ricky).